Author Topic: Anyone else worried about Dan Henderson Versus Jon "Bone" Jones?  (Read 3179 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Isn't Jones a little too tall with a reach that will clearly give Henderson trouble?

Couture said he believes it will come down to whether Jones can take a solid right hand to the chin, but can Henderson reach that far?

I fear that Henderson might have a problem on his hands.

What do you guys think?

:(

"1"

gym**rat

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone else worried about Dan Henderson Versus Jon "Bone" Jones?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
I completely agree with you. I really like Dan but I don't like this matchup for Dan. He may surprise us though.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
Isn't Jones a little too tall with a reach that will clearly give Henderson trouble?

Couture said he believes it will come down to whether Jones can take a solid right hand to the chin, but can Henderson reach that far?

I fear that Henderson might have a problem on his hands.

What do you guys think?

:(

"1"

Oh handsome, you're just throwing South American, ninja, chessmaster, Delta Force commando chum in the water now..... ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
No, I'm hoping he'll win but I don't think so. Hendo is one my of my top 5 favorites.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »
No, I'm hoping he'll win but I don't think so. Hendo is one my of my top 5 favorites.

I like Hendo as well.  That guy's a tough sonofabitch, but I fear that he isn't well matched on this one.

I still believe that the only man who could possibly beat Jones right now is Anderson Silva.

Imagine that for a superfight!

"1"

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
I like Hendo as well.  That guy's a tough sonofabitch, but I fear that he isn't well matched on this one.

I still believe that the only man who could possibly beat Jones right now is Anderson Silva.

Imagine that for a superfight!

"1"

I would bet the farm on Silva for that one. That would be the biggest MMA fight since Couture and Liddell IMO.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »
Not worried in the least. I think it's a great match-up for Henderson.

I hope it get bet up to 5-1. I'll absolutely have some action on Henderson.
a

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »
I would bet the farm on Silva for that one. That would be the biggest MMA fight since Couture and Liddell IMO.

You're not kidding.  I would put serious money down on that fight.

I've heard that Silva is willing to take ANY fight so as long as White makes the purse large enough.  I think Dana will probably jump on this for a superfight pay per view extravaganza as Jon leaves them with no other choice.

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »
Not worried in the least. I think it's a great match-up for Henderson.

I hope it get bet up to 5-1. I'll absolutely have some action on Henderson.

tommy,

You feel that Henderson could overcome Jon's reach and force him to go into full striking?

I wonder if this will be the match that we get to see a true submission from henderson.  He usually holds off and relies on heavy striking, but I'd love to see him even things up by bringing this fight to the mat.

"1"

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 06:56:45 PM »
You're not kidding.  I would put serious money down on that fight.

I've heard that Silva is willing to take ANY fight so as long as White makes the purse large enough.  I think Dana will probably jump on this for a superfight pay per view extravaganza as Jon leaves them with no other choice.

"1"

Dana would definitley go for it. Just imagine the PPV income for that fight, holy shit.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 07:01:04 PM »
tommy,

You feel that Henderson could overcome Jon's reach and force him to go into full striking?
I wonder if this will be the match that we get to see a true submission from henderson.  He usually holds off and relies on heavy striking, but I'd love to see him even things up by bringing this fight to the mat.

"1"

Hendo loves that looping reaching overhand right. I think the reach issue would be critical if Hendo stays away, but he seems too smart to play towards JJ advantages.  Just my opinion.
a

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
Counting down till chicken fucker posts in this.....

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
tommy,

"1"

Whoever wins the clinch wins the fight...

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »
Henderson is my favorite fighter.

However, he going to get mauled.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »
I'm losing sleep over it.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »
I love Hendo too, but it's not a great matchup for him. Hopefully he can time Jones' distance and land his big right. I'd freak out big time if he could.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 06:14:44 AM »
Gonna be a great fight whichever way you cut it.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 06:22:56 AM »
Hendo is going to gas out just walking to the cage. He doesn't stand a chance in hell. And I like the guy. I'm 99.9% positive he doesn't stand a chance.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 06:30:16 AM »
At his age...Hendo has to get inside early in the fight because he will be gassed by the third round.  I think Jones will use his superior reach to keep Henderson out of range and off balance nd that will negate his best hope of winning, that awesome right hand.   No one..not Evans, Machida, Rua or Rampage has been able to get inside on JJ to do enough damage to matter.   I don't think Hendo will either.   Jones wins via third round stoppage.

The Silva fight would be interesting.  A wrestler can give Silva fits (witness Chael Sonnen) and Jones has a quality wrestling background.  SIlva would go into that fight as the much smaller man, which is something he just isn't accustomed to.  Silva is possiby the best all around striker in MMA...would his unorthodox yet very precise striking work against a freak like Jones?   Be fun to see if it would...

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 06:35:40 AM »
At his age...Hendo has to get inside early in the fight because he will be gassed by the third round.  I think Jones will use his superior reach to keep Henderson out of range and off balance nd that will negate his best hope of winning, that awesome right hand.   No one..not Evans, Machida, Rua or Rampage has been able to get inside on JJ to do enough damage to matter.   I don't think Hendo will either.   Jones wins via third round stoppage.

The Silva fight would be interesting.  A wrestler can give Silva fits (witness Chael Sonnen) and Jones has a quality wrestling background.  SIlva would go into that fight as the much smaller man, which is something he just isn't accustomed to.  Silva is possiby the best all around striker in MMA...would his unorthodox yet very precise striking work against a freak like Jones?   Be fun to see if it would...

Hendos going to gas after the first two minutes. No way in hell he's going to get inside.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »
  his mind could be all messed up now...

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 10:13:06 PM »
anderson silva is extremely over rated. if he was to face jon jones, i'd bet my yearly salary on jon jones. no questions! and i hate both guys.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 10:20:36 PM »

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
Isn't hendo an Olympic caliber wrestler? I think if anyone has a chance to get inside and hurt jones it's him. Hendo has the best chance of defeating him and that's still only 50-50. Other than that machida should get another shot.

ghettocentral

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:47 PM »
Hendo may retire after this ass whipping. He is a class guy, but Jones is a whole different level. There is no answer for him right now.