Author Topic: How many pairs of shoes should a man have?  (Read 6239 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: How many pairs of shoes should a man have?
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2011, 12:36:54 PM »
I have a question...I just got this dress, but no clue what color shoes to wear..Silver is on the dress

:

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »
Gangstalean, will you please post the name of the hat website?  Thanks.
Hats.com and type in fedora

Running Mom, not stilettos, but like those dainty 3 inch heels, like you might see at 9 West.
And them being matching in color or shade to the dress

Doug Steele, naw, these have snap brims---shorter than the Steve Harvey Line...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Bay's Time of the month.
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
I have about 30, 3 for running, this includes my winter shoes.

well ur a woman fraught with endless insecurities about how you compare to other women and that is completely acceptable for a woman so a large array of fashion assortments is fine in fact to be expected

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2011, 12:43:20 PM »
"you can put a tuxedo on a piece of shit but its still a piece of shit."

on the other hand..

"you can smear shit on a brick of gold but its still a brick of gold."

newmom

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »
well ur a woman fraught with endless insecurities about how you compare to other women and that is completely acceptable for a woman so a large array of fashion assortments is fine in fact to be expected

Hi uberman.....

I like shoes, clothes and bags...i loveeeee to shop spent almost ten yesrs in retail mgmt mostly in nyc. I care how i look

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »
"you can put a tuxedo on a piece of shit but its still a piece of shit."

on the other hand..

"you can smear shit on a brick of gold but its still a brick of gold."

what if i smear my dick accross your lips?
Deep Tissue Massage

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2011, 01:29:31 PM »
Yeah...these types

Oh, this is a shoe thread....my bad...

Haha I just new your were the type  ;D I have a black friend who manages a real nice restraunt he wears that type of stuff. Real nice guy talks with great english funny as hell. I think he looks a little goofy but he likes it. Everyone has their own thing.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2011, 02:37:55 PM »
Haha I just new your were the type  ;D I have a black friend who manages a real nice restraunt he wears that type of stuff. Real nice guy talks with great english funny as hell. I think he looks a little goofy but he likes it. Everyone has their own thing.
I don't wear them often, I usually wear a baseball cap (curved bill--not that straight shit) or a "driver" hat, that's pretty much in style these days...

In college I was known for my Kangol's...people would say that I would fuck and sleep with the hats on.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2011, 02:40:23 PM »
Hi uberman.....

I like shoes, clothes and bags...i loveeeee to shop spent almost ten yesrs in retail mgmt mostly in nyc. I care how i look
Tbombz statement was accurate, just agree, you know it's true.
T

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »
I can`t even count how many I have.  My favorite are Alden and JM Weston, Berlutti, although on occasion I will wear Prada or Gucci (Tom Ford era or before of course as they are the only Gucci`s that are actually decently made).

Warning: This post contains content that most of you wont give a f*xk about but: 1) it is a favorite topic of mine and 2) there may be a few souls out there who may find it useful

Adonis

You have failed miserably at this test. No man should ever list Alden (or any American manufacturer) as a favorite 'dress shoe'

Berlutti are for fools who have no knowledge of quality for money and I doubt you own any. If you do, then you are even more of a fool

JM Westons are defensible as a personal preference but just that. Most people who know about 'dress shoes' would not list them as favorites but some will- so fair enough

The mention of Prada or Gucci  I wont even address as it is just downright wrong. Both are (relatively) cheap made shoes with huge 'fool' mark ups  

For you and any other members who may want to benefit from some years of experience I offer a small list of 'dress shoes' brands to aspire for. (I limit myself to Ready to Wear, and do not address Made to Order)

John Lobb (Paris)
Edward Green
Silvano Lattanzi
Gaziano & Girling
Lazlo Vass
Santoni Limited Edition (this is stuff u can't really see in the US except for a couple of places -so please do not confuse with Santoni for fools sold in 99% of santoni selling stores)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2011, 05:37:14 PM »
I could care less about the designer/mfr.  Comfort & fashion.   Styles change too quick to spend $$$$ on exceptional quality.  You can spend more on mens shoes since fashion doesn't change that fast and the basic classic stays in style.for a long time. Men don't have as many trends to work with.  Women definitely don't get the same amount of wear out of a pair.

Depends.on. lifestyle.too

: