Author Topic: Views Of Massive Oil Blowout On The Ocean (video)  (Read 7190 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Views Of Massive Oil Blowout On The Ocean (video)
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2010, 12:23:26 PM »
Who said they are a victim? 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2010, 01:03:35 PM »
Well, first of all, none of the "solutions" you've suggested are even feasible. Stop acting like BP is a victim and stop acting  like an environmental catastrophe is a knee scratch. Clean-up?  We're in, what, the third week, and containment is still an issue. And what do you think that clean up is going to consist of? Unicorns farting into the ocean? No, more chemicals... chemicals that will have to be used in such an abundant amount that no one knows how they will affect the environment. This was an avoidable occurrence that stems from...wait for it... failure to adhere to regulation. 

BP is not a victim and they are not your friend. They are a corporation that regularly cuts corners and flouts safety regulations to buoy their bottom line. This is just one of their more visible "accidents".

BOOM! 

Who said they are a victim? 

In all honesty you have with the way you have chosen to defend them with this "accidents happen" routine.  Yes, accidents happen, but when they do regardless if the valve was there or not BP is still responsible.  You make it sound like you are okay with the damage cap on the corporation.  You have clearly stated you are against BP having to pay $500,000 for a safety part, and while you don't blame Obama you're okay with just a measily lawsuit that you are aware will take decades for anything, if anything, will be done.  It's no different than getting sued over a car accident. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »
Where did I say that?  I said they should be sued into bankruptcy and if they did not adhere to the regulations shut down. 

I didnt say they are a victim.  I'm saying they gambled and lost and now should pay the price for their negligence. 

Can you should me where I agreed with a cap on damages or said they are a victim?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 01:49:55 PM »
Where did I say that?  I said they should be sued into bankruptcy and if they did not adhere to the regulations shut down. 

I didnt say they are a victim.  I'm saying they gambled and lost and now should pay the price for their negligence. 

Can you should me where I agreed with a cap on damages or said they are a victim?

You're statement regarding a class action suit.  If I lumped you into being one of the few people(on other threads) that actually agreed with the cap on liability for damages then I apologize.  You of all people, being a lawyer, should know that BP can tie this thing up in court for years if there are lawsuits. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »
I dont agree with a cap on damages. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2010, 05:51:43 PM »
How can  you agree with him, yet in the very same sentence, acknowledge how unreasonably tilted the process is in BP's favor? What exactly are you agreeing with?

I was agreeing that the people affected will be able to sue.  Whether or not they'll actually get anything out of it, I'm skeptical.  And if they do, it could be 20 years down the road.  Somethings seriously wrong with that.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2010, 11:18:11 PM »
HAHAHAHA

i don't remember BP having any pity on us when gas was $4 a gallon, and they were making record 10 billion in profits.

Suddenly it's "noooo we can't let them fail!" as they sit up there in front of Congress and shrug about the millions of lives they are about to affect.

QFT x 100000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2010, 05:43:23 AM »
THIS WRITER IS CORRECT WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE GULF IS NOT A SPILL!!!!

Gulf Oil 'SPILL' - What A Lie
By J. Speer-Williams
5-14-10

Spill? The corporate media continues to call the volcano of continuous gushing oil, in the Gulf, a spill. How insulting. A volcano that shoots out a million gallons of crude oil a week is hardly a spill.

The common definition of a spill is the liquid that fell out of a container, a one time occurrence, not a massive flow that has no known end. An oil tanker can spill oil; but not Mother Earth, who has been and still is continuously gushing oil from 35,000 feet from within her bowels.

The Exxon Valdez oil spill, of about 10.8 million gallons of crude, on the 24th of March 1989, in the Prince William Sound of Alaska, is considered by many to be the most devastating humanly-caused environmental disaster ever to occur in history.

The definition of "gush" is to flow forth suddenly and violently. What we are faced with in the Gulf of Mexico is a continuous and monster gusher of crude oil that has no known termination point.

Currently, the oil gusher in the Gulf produces an Exxon Valdez disaster about every four days.

How long will the Monetary Cartel's media insist on calling a continuous gusher a mere spill?

Will it still be a spill when millions of people in Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida are losing consciousness from the stench in the air, that will not dissipate?

Will people have to convulse and hemorrhage from their internal organs and lungs before the corporate media will show at least a modicum of truthfulness?

First, the stench will be overwhelming and it won't go away. The air itself will kill because crude oil is composed of polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, hyrogensulfide, benzene, toluene, xylenes, ethlbenzene, and trimethylbenzene.

According to the Federal Register and OSHA these are all extremely hazardous substances.

Exposure can cause the following health effects: eye and skin irritation, narcoses, and/or chemical pneumonitis.

High concentrations of hydrogen sulfide can cause headaches, dizziness, unconsciousness and/or death.

More worrisome yet is hurricane season is coming. And a Gulf hurricane that hits any part of our Gulf Coast, this summer, could produce unheard of destruction, sickness, and death.

Even in the face of all these obvious facts "our" "free," "unbiased" media insists on calling a continuous volcanic gusher of toxic crude oil a spill.

Has there ever been more evidence that the International Monetary/Banking Cartel, that own the major oil companies, also own "our," "free," and "unbiased" media?

C

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2010, 09:46:13 AM »
I'm not blaming Obama and have not blamed obama for this.

I'm saying that shit happens and will always happen.  If they did not do what they should have done, then sue them and the owners and bankrupt them etc etc,.  

Im not sure where you are getting your facts from... BP Sells 4 MILLION gallons a day... Since this spill they upped their barrels 2 dollars per barrel... They re MAKING an EXTRA 8 MILLION Dollars Per day, and its costing them 4 million a day in clean up... Sounds like they are not really giving a shit about the costs if you ask me... DO the math buddy... They are making everyone think they will go broke, in actuality they are going to see BILLIONS in Profit... Imagine if they up their barrels 10 dollars or 20 dollars per barrel? They could make an extra 10 billin profit off this oil spill

If we would stop worrying about fossil fuels and would invest in bio-diesel, ethanol, wind, water, solar etc... We wouldn't have to let huge companies destroy our planet for profit...

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »
Im not sure where you are getting your facts from... BP Sells 4 MILLION gallons a day... Since this spill they upped their barrels 2 dollars per barrel... They re MAKING an EXTRA 8 MILLION Dollars Per day, and its costing them 4 million a day in clean up... Sounds like they are not really giving a shit about the costs if you ask me... DO the math buddy... They are making everyone think they will go broke, in actuality they are going to see BILLIONS in Profit... Imagine if they up their barrels 10 dollars or 20 dollars per barrel? They could make an extra 10 billin profit off this oil spill

If we would stop worrying about fossil fuels and would invest in bio-diesel, ethanol, wind, water, solar etc... We wouldn't have to let huge companies destroy our planet for profit...

Tell that to the former president and vice president........ !!  :) Of course they shut down every attempt to move us forward why wouldn't they .....afterall they had to prop the oil industry to stuff more money in their own pockets! Simple as that!! :o And BTW stop terrorizing 338...he's gonna have an aneurysm from looking at so many reasonable facts and numbers.. ;D ;D
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2010, 04:45:42 PM »
Right cause green tech is so profitable and efficient. 

Do me a favor, don't drive your cars, heat your home, fly in a plane, put on the electricity in your home, take a bus, and live under candle light. 

The fact of the matter is that wind solar and these other bogus things the greenies tout are nothing more than pixy dust fantasies at best

Ethanol?  Yeah that makes a lot sense, burn our food sources and drive the price of food thruogh the roof. Brliiant plan. 

Solar? What about the half of the country in cold climates? 

Wind?  Yeah that's makes a lot of sense. Do you guys realize that wind power is not reliable and needs to be backed up by either a coal or fossle fuel source. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2010, 07:14:20 PM »
Right cause green tech is so profitable and efficient. 

Do me a favor, don't drive your cars, heat your home, fly in a plane, put on the electricity in your home, take a bus, and live under candle light. 

The fact of the matter is that wind solar and these other bogus things the greenies tout are nothing more than pixy dust fantasies at best

Ethanol?  Yeah that makes a lot sense, burn our food sources and drive the price of food thruogh the roof. Brliiant plan. 

Solar? What about the half of the country in cold climates? 

Wind?  Yeah that's makes a lot of sense. Do you guys realize that wind power is not reliable and needs to be backed up by either a coal or fossle fuel source. 

You're going over the top 3

The whole point is to move your society away from using so much petroleum based products. so adding solar, wind, hydrogen, oxygen etc based fuels will help in reducing the amount of petroleum consumed. You sound like George Bush when the issue of making companies install buffers on their smoke stacks was pressed he (in retarded fashion) said if that done it will cost the economy. What the fuck does cleaning the pollution coming from a factory have to do with the economy? Not doing it will destroy the environment which ironically america is so vocal about.

As it stands now most cars in america are unnecessary as people really don't go anywhere that their public transportation system does not take them...and far cheaper than the cost of a car. The waste in america is obscene as nothing of quality is made which will last many years...your whole society is disposable...everything plastic...everything cheaply made so that another of the same has to be bought relatively soon thereafter.... too much "trendy" crap and not enough traditional. Air travel... considering america is almost completely homogeneous with every city looking exactly like the next there really is no need for much travel as people run from state to state only to engage in the same thing or buy and do the same things they can do in their home state. Homes and home size in america can be greatly reduced as most homes are OVERSIZED, underused and require a lot in the form of heating and cooling...MORE WASTE.

And to correct you with ethanol...IT IS NOT MADE FROM CORN THAT YOU EAT. THere are differing types of corn that serve different purposes. There is feed corn for farm animals, there is table corn for human consumption, there is green corn for ethanol production and then there is corn used for the production of meal and starch. These types of corn CAN NOT be substituted one for the other as they each have their specific qualities and traits. You can not use corn for human consumption to make ethanol so in that regard your comment is wrong.

Solar power is NOT determined by cold climates, but by SUNNY climates. As long as it is sunny no matter how cold, electricity can be generated (panels) or solar heat can be made.

WIND? There are many areas and whole states known for their consistent wind issues...Isn't Chicago called the windy city. How about North and South Dakotah? Th whole area that runs the full length along the Rocky Mountains and the Sierra? Has anyone tapped Yellowstone for its thermal heal like Iceland has done? How about Hawaii for its thermal/volcanic heat? America is a country practically surrounded buy ocean how come it is not separating that water into Hydrogen and oxygen and using the two gases as fuel?

I think the biggest problem in america is a lazy simple minded populace that is set on complaining and slow on doing. Plenty of technology could have had that country far less in need of petrochemical fuels, but then again that would require the oil giants to relinquish lots of profits...AND THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2010, 12:43:45 AM »
generator running off of water:

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2010, 07:59:29 AM »

???  Kinda shocked at no comments, what don't believe?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2010, 08:11:29 AM »
In all seriousness, how long and how much would it cost to switch over to alternate energy sources that would see oil usage drop by over 50%, while still maintaining a level of energy output and the everyday products that oil supplies?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2010, 08:13:23 AM »

Good example Hugo. I remember in high school and college chemistry performing the experiment where regular tap water was put into a large beaker, a current of electricity passed through it and the separating of the water into Oxygen and Hydrogen. My teacher/professor at the time said this would be the answer to cheap and abundant fuel. Well here it is so many years later, and I am still waiting on this technology to become universal.

About two years ago I watched on CSPAN a science fair held right in Washington DC where students from a number of colleges in america presented such technology as wind, solar, water power as well as still other technologies that they had perfected for the consumer to use to free themselves from the energy grid. Some of the universities were Virginia Tech, Cal Tech, Georgia Tech, MIT, etc etc... Some technology was based on green homes, free electricity, solar electricity and heating of home, home designs to capitalize on the earths heat etc etc I have not heard a word about these technologies coming into use anywhere in america since the fair.

C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2010, 08:23:16 AM »
In all seriousness, how long and how much would it cost to switch over to alternate energy sources that would see oil usage drop by over 50%, while still maintaining a level of energy output and the everyday products that oil supplies?

Most of the the technology to switch over to water as a fuel or to use geothermal or solar panels etc are practically off the shelf components. What is needed is someone to show people how to build these devices for their homes so that they can at the very least rely on this as a secondary and maybe even a primary source of energy. As it stands right now the rights to solar panels/technology is woned by the petrochemical industry. Ever wondered why solar panels are so expensive? Now you know. The petrochemical industry is factoring in the money they would lose by you using solar panels instead of electricity, gas or oil to heat/cool/light your home.

BTW...the beginning to making alternative fuels work is changing your lifestyles (something people are going to have to be FORCED into doing). High efficiency lights, no more endlessly running air conditioners, well insulated homes, waste of running many TVs all at once, yadda yadda...
C

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2010, 08:43:01 AM »
Most of the the technology to switch over to water as a fuel or to use geothermal or solar panels etc are practically off the shelf components. What is needed is someone to show people how to build these devices for their homes so that they can at the very least rely on this as a secondary and maybe even a primary source of energy. As it stands right now the rights to solar panels/technology is woned by the petrochemical industry. Ever wondered why solar panels are so expensive? Now you know. The petrochemical industry is factoring in the money they would lose by you using solar panels instead of electricity, gas or oil to heat/cool/light your home.

BTW...the beginning to making alternative fuels work is changing your lifestyles (something people are going to have to be FORCED into doing). High efficiency lights, no more endlessly running air conditioners, well insulated homes, waste of running many TVs all at once, yadda yadda...

thanks, all that and not one step closer to an answer to my questions. Again, roughly how long will it take and how much will it cost with the current forms of alt energy and peoples expectations for the same amount of power output and the oil based products they use to get to 50% less oil consumption?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »
UPDATE

Here is some more recent news telling of the massive size of the oil rupture. Now it is found that the oil is hundreds of feet thick and in layers below the Gulf's waters.

Scientists find vast unreported oil leak from Deepwater Horizon
Oil and gas gushing 5,000 feet below the sea's surface

(AP)

BP video shows oil and gas gushing 5,000 feet below the sea's surface
Anne Barrowclough

A plume of oil 10 miles (16km) long, three miles wide and 300ft thick is pouring into the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico from the ruptured Deepwater Horizon oil rig.

The plume is one of a number that scientists have found gushing into the sea a mile underwater, increasing concerns that the size of the spill could be thousands of times larger than has been previously calculated, according to The New York Times.

“There’s a shocking amount of oil in the deep water, relative to what you see in the surface water,” said Samantha Joye, from the University of Georgia, who is involved in one of the first scientific missions to gather information from the spill. “There’s a tremendous amount of oil in multiple layers, three or four or five layers deep in the water column,” Dr Joye told the newspaper.

After studying footage of the gushing oil scientists on board the research vessel Pelican, which is gathering samples and information about the spill, said that it could be flowing at a rate of 25,000 to 80,000 barrels of oil a day, or 3.4 million gallons a day. The flow rate is currently calculated at 5,000 barrels a day.

The vast amounts of oil pouring from the rig, which exploded on April 20 killing 11 people, is depleting the oxygen in the immediate area, raising fears that it could kill most of the sea life near the plumes. Oxygen levels have already dropped by 30 per cent near some of the plumes.

“If you keep those kinds of rates up, you could draw the oxygen down to very low levels that are dangerous to animals in a couple of months,” she said. “That is alarming.”

News of the plumes came as the Obama Administration increased pressure on BP with a demand for “immediate public clarification” from Tony Hayward, the chief executive, over the company’s intentions about paying the costs associated with the spill. “The public has a right to a clear understanding of BP’s commitment to redress all the damage that has occurred or that will occur in the future as a result of the spill,” said Ken Salazar, the Interior Secretary.

The company is still struggling to cap the leaking underwater oil well. Last night they were making a second attempt to insert a mile-long catheter into the leaking pipe by remote control, after a previous attempt to stem the flow by clogging a faulty seabed valve with rubbish hit a snag.

Technicians using joysticks are operating robotic submersibles that will attempt to place a 6in (15cm) wide relief pipe into the remains of a 21in pipe that used to connect the wellhead to the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig on the surface.

The aim is to use the relief pipe to pump a mix of densely packed items such as golf balls, knotted rope and lumps of plastic into the oil well’s blowout preventer — the giant safety device that failed to work when the rig exploded last month.

An earlier attempt to place a containment dome over the leak was abandoned after the freezing temperatures and high underwater pressure caused a build up of mushy ice that blocked the funnel intended to carry the leaking oil to tankers on the surface of the sea.

The company is drilling a relief well that will eventually seal the leak, but that may take up to three months to complete.
C

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2010, 10:19:50 PM »
Not a sob story.  They gambled and lost and now are going to have to pay.

The point is they should not have been able to gamble and potentially some of the damage from this will linger on for years. It was in the interests of greater "good" that these fucktards do their jobs properly. You watch they'll get out of doing a proper clean up now, because of course that is in their interests.