Author Topic: Freaking out: potential university has NO SQUAT rack....  (Read 7828 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Freaking out: potential university has NO SQUAT rack....
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »
If the student has not yet been admitted to the degree program then this entire conversation is premature.  If he has been admitted he should easily be able to narrow his decision to 1-3 programs and visit the the one school he is most likely to attend.  In addition, conversations with current grad students can easily be arranged to scope out campus life and resources. 

I have been admitted and travel is impossible. I am contractually bound to my work here in East Asia until the end of July. I cannot 'just hop by' and visit.
The decision is essentially made; I will most likely be going to the University of York. Now it is just a matter of hammering out tuition fees as they want em to pay overseas and I am an EU citizen...fucking ridiculous.
I hate the State.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2008, 05:32:12 PM »
It seems crazy as I should base my decisions for graduate studies soley on academic criteria but I called to ask about the socalled sports centre and I asked if there was a squat rack, to which the man replied no. Am I crazy or should I just eliminate said university from my list because I won't be able to do squats (they don't even have a smith machine)....freaking out...is it legimitate?

What would you do?

go visit the campus, maybe they have a cage or something.  if not, you can always join a local gym.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2008, 05:36:18 PM »
If your are serious about graduate school you won't have much time for the gym anyway; there aren't many beefy doctorates or MA/MS degree holders out there.  You may soon find out why.
there are some seriously jacked up medical students at my gym, i guess they have easier access to the goodies....

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2008, 05:37:13 PM »
go visit the campus, maybe they have a cage or something.  if not, you can always join a local gym.
Have you read any of the posts in this thread before posting?  ::)
!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2008, 05:39:48 PM »

If your are serious about graduate schoolbodybuilding you won't have much time for the gymgraduate school anyway; there aren't many beefy doctorates or MA/MS degree holdersmr. Olympias with PHD's out there.  You may soon find out why.

bump

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2008, 06:03:17 PM »
Have you read any of the posts in this thread before posting?  ::)
did i hurt your vagina feelings, "benny blanco"?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »
terrible exercise...

Your education is more important than a squat rack, kid. I hope this thread is a joke.  :-\

There you go... Someone can lock this thread.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »
Time to search for another school: One that has a squat rack.

Don't go through life with skinny legs.
The answer is "yes".

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2008, 07:13:05 PM »
Time to search for another school: One that has a squat rack.

Don't go through life with skinny legs.
agreed

If your are serious about graduate schoolbodybuilding you won't have much time for the gymgraduate school anyway; there aren't many beefy doctorates or MA/MS degree holdersmr. Olympias with PHD's out there.  You may soon find out why.

bump for good advice

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 09:17:57 PM »
did i hurt your vagina feelings, "benny blanco"?
You did nothing other than to provide proof that you are an IDIOT.  ;)
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2008, 07:30:51 AM »
Fitness is such a strange word these days.
I hate the State.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2008, 07:35:10 AM »
I am an EU citizen...

Interesting terminology.  Are people in Europe, at least the younger generations,  starting to view themselves more as "citizens of the EU" as opposed to just citizens of France, Germany, Italy, whatever?   (serious question, not being sarcastic).  I understand the legal structure, I'm more interested in the mindset and worldview.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:24 AM »
Interesting terminology.  Are people in Europe, at least the younger generations,  starting to view themselves more as "citizens of the EU" as opposed to just citizens of France, Germany, Italy, whatever?   (serious question, not being sarcastic).  I understand the legal structure, I'm more interested in the mindset and worldview.

Well...you are right. I should say a citizen of an EU country. I happen to be Hungarian in addition to American. To me it is just a means to an end; huge labour market open to me.

From a personal point of view I feel more 'European' than American but I wouldn't define that by country. I would go by overall worldview and approach to things.
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2008, 08:18:57 AM »
You guys are pussies. I manage to get 2 MA, work and train at the same time. Its only a question of dedication and work ethics.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2008, 04:24:30 PM »
You guys are pussies. I manage to get 2 MA, work and train at the same time. Its only a question of dedication and work ethics.

::) Du hast auch gesagt, dass Du nie Schlafprobleme hattest, und man koennte davon ausgehen, dass Du nie irgendwelche gesundheitlichen Probleme hattest. Das andere Problem ist, dass das Deutsche Unisystem voellig anders funktioniert als das Ami/UKsystem. In Deutschland kann man so lange verweilen, wie man will, aber in Amiland und im UK hat man nur begrenzte Zeit. Es ist fast wie ein Rennen, und Du musst mithalten. Das ganze Tempo sieht anders aus, und deswegen ist es eine falsche Analogie.

Ich kann nur sagen, dass man in Deutschland das bekommt, was man zahlt: meiner Erfahrung nach sind die Unis in Deutschland Scheisse. Man zahlt nichts, also man bekommt nichts.
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2008, 09:45:25 AM »
::) Du hast auch gesagt, dass Du nie Schlafprobleme hattest, und man koennte davon ausgehen, dass Du nie irgendwelche gesundheitlichen Probleme hattest. Das andere Problem ist, dass das Deutsche Unisystem voellig anders funktioniert als das Ami/UKsystem. In Deutschland kann man so lange verweilen, wie man will, aber in Amiland und im UK hat man nur begrenzte Zeit. Es ist fast wie ein Rennen, und Du musst mithalten. Das ganze Tempo sieht anders aus, und deswegen ist es eine falsche Analogie.

Ich kann nur sagen, dass man in Deutschland das bekommt, was man zahlt: meiner Erfahrung nach sind die Unis in Deutschland Scheisse. Man zahlt nichts, also man bekommt nichts.

Naja, mittlerweile zahlt man ja, wenn auch wenig.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2008, 09:51:41 AM »

Speak english u fucking nazi  >:(
follow the arrows

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2008, 11:02:48 AM »
I'd look for something else to place the bar on, about shoulder height, and then remove it from that position and squat.  My first inclination would be a bench press.  Get the bar on your shoulders, stand up, and walk out a few feet.

that sucks
tried it a few times, cant go heavy with that

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »

If your are serious about graduate school you won't have much time for the gym anyway; there aren't many beefy doctorates or MA/MS degree holders out there.  You may soon find out why.

I thought it only takes 1 hour of training per day to become an Arnold Classic Champ?!?!?!

Am I misinformed  :o
just not good enough

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 12:49:05 PM »
Can someone please delete Haider?