Author Topic: Chael Sonnen - Gone  (Read 7141 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Chael Sonnen - Gone
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2014, 02:30:08 AM »
being good on the mic is one thing, but he's not an exciting fighter to watch.

since his lose to Anderson he's 3 and 3... with a submission over Brian Stann (woopiddy-do.. there's a top 10 fighter, right?), a decision over Bisping (in which even he said he thought he lost... besides, it's Bisping... woopiddy do, again), and a choke over Shogun (another with a benzo/sedative problem, who hasn't been the same fighter since Pride, much less multiple knee injuries).

then he actually makes it to the 2nd round (barely) in the rematch with Anderson, followed by 2 first round ko's.

how does this guy deserve all the title shots he gets?

his other ufc win was over trevor prangley back around '06.. with losses to sobral and horn. (both of whom submitted Chael.. the supposedly great wrestler)... he couldn't finnish dan miller, okami, or marquart and won via decision. (against at least 2 of whom were also PED users)

chael is the skinny Brock Lesnar, except Brock's fights are actually exciting.

he is a very boring fighter lay and pray

but he is very charismatic

the type of athlete that can be a cross over and draw more fans into the sport

a lot of these guys can hardly string a sentence together

like it or not the media side of the business matters as much as the fights
T

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2014, 03:59:00 AM »

since his lose to Anderson he's 3 and 3... with a submission over Brian Stann (woopiddy-do.. there's a top 10 fighter, right?), a decision over Bisping (in which even he said he thought he lost... besides, it's Bisping... woopiddy do, again), and a choke over Shogun (another with a benzo/sedative problem, who hasn't been the same fighter since Pride, much less multiple knee injuries).

then he actually makes it to the 2nd round (barely) in the rematch with Anderson, followed by 2 first round ko's.

his other ufc win was over trevor prangley back around '06.. with losses to sobral and horn. (both of whom submitted Chael.. the supposedly great wrestler)... he couldn't finnish dan miller, okami, or marquart and won via decision. (against at least 2 of whom were also PED users)

I remember back in 2010 when Chael talked all that crap about Lesnar.

Lesnar was asked about Chael's comments on the Jim Rome show. Brock said that he had no idea who Chael was. It was classic!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2014, 04:43:43 AM »
bj penn is using TRT, do some research fellas n u will c, so is frank mir as well as others
R

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2014, 04:49:36 AM »
bj penn is using TRT, do some research fellas n u will c, so is frank mir as well as others

Bigfoot too

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2014, 09:26:01 AM »
Lol so the last of the guys who swore against trt are on too.   Like I said they all juice

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2014, 09:37:38 AM »
Lol so the last of the guys who swore against trt are on too.   Like I said they all juice

I would bet $1000 that Roy Nelson does not use any form of steroids.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »

Why you gotta slam Stann, though? Dude brings it. Unleashes the dogs, which is what we want, no? Plus, he's a gentleman and a patriot.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2014, 12:06:46 PM »

I don't know man...What about this guy?

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »
Shitcanned. Even lost his broadcasting gig. Damn.
great news

Could not have happened to a bigger, more phony asshole.

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2014, 12:33:20 PM »
Was great seeing him humble Anderson Silva in the first fight.

The look on Silvas face when he got tagged was priceless.

One can only wish Chael the best in his next endeavor.
;D

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2014, 12:35:33 PM »
I think Chael was/is very entertaining and is good for the sport of MMA. There are not enough vocal guys that can add to the overall experience of watching MMA.

Here's another tidbit for those of you who are not too well versed on PED's and their involvement in the sport of MMA. I train every single week (2-3x/week) at Renzo Gracie's academy. We have about 15-20 professional MMA fighters, 65% of them are from the UFC, the rest are from either 1FC, Glory or Bellator. I've spoken to the vast majority of them and I'd say half of them have either used PED's in the not so distant past or are still using them and simply cycling them in such a way that they test negative come sampling time.

Who works out at our academy?? Georges St. Pierre, Chris Weidman, Gian Villante, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Frankie Edgar, Francis Carmont, Rafael Natal, Rousimar Palhares and a bunch of others I do not want to name because they are the main ones using. I speak to most and they do not hide the fact that half the locker room is on the stuff.

This shit is rampant in the sport of MMA. Some guys get popped and others don't.

I say, cut the bullshit and let them all use PED's. What we as fans like to see are super human fighters beating the living shit out of each other and doing things in that ring that no one else has ever ventured to try. Just as we like to see baseball players obliterate balls out of the park, we also like to see fighters perform like Vitor Belfort when he is on the gear. Everyone in professional sports uses steroids, from baseball players, football players, basketball players, soccer players to even members of the Olympic teams. Let's just even out the playing field and let everyone use the stuff at their own discretion and ideally with medical monitoring/surveillance to assure some level of physiological controls (3-6 month blood work) as to not completely shut down their pituitary gland and/or develop any preneoplastic, cardiac, renal or hepatic pathologies.

"1"
WTF?  ::)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2014, 01:00:55 PM »

I heard roy thought he was buying some sust n the shady dealer sold him estrogen instead :D, that explains roys gyno n smooth appearance. roy is still as tough as they come tho in that cage
R

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2014, 01:47:33 PM »
Why you gotta slam Stann, though? Dude brings it. Unleashes the dogs, which is what we want, no? Plus, he's a gentleman and a patriot.

sure, he's a great guy, and he fights hard, but his skill-set wasn't exactly great. during his career, I wouldn't have had in him the top 7 of the division... he took out Leben, so that's saying something, but leben wasn't exactly a well rounded fighter either... although he was exciting to watch. I'd pay $50 to watch Leben fight anybody, but wouldn't pay $5 to watch Chael fight even Petis.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2014, 03:16:21 PM »
sure, he's a great guy, and he fights hard, but his skill-set wasn't exactly great. during his career, I wouldn't have had in him the top 7 of the division... he took out Leben, so that's saying something, but leben wasn't exactly a well rounded fighter either... although he was exciting to watch. I'd pay $50 to watch Leben fight anybody, but wouldn't pay $5 to watch Chael fight even Petis.

true about leban,u know when u watched leban fight someone was getting ko,d.whether it was him or his opponant,leban always looked like he fought while he was on exctasy or some good acid
R

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »
and a choke over Shogun (another with a benzo/sedative problem, who hasn't been the same fighter since Pride, much less multiple knee injuries).

???

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2014, 03:55:28 PM »
 if brock was able to take a punch hed still b a contender, when he got hit he buckled fast ???
R