Author Topic: Ronnie's poundages claims.....  (Read 6722 times)

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
Re: Ronnie's poundages claims.....
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 06:47:38 PM »
fucck man, 100's at 150 bodyweight? if that's true that's one of the best feats of strength compared to bodyweight i've heard of, shit that's what 75 percent of bodyweight on shoulder presses with ONE ARM. :o

yeah, i call bs.  notice that he did it at "his weakest" too....   ::)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 03:59:18 AM »
hes on video squatting over 800 actually, and doing 200lb's for 14-15 reps. He barbell rowed 405-495 not 700. Its all in his vids ????? You people new to internet and bodybuilding?

take some time and read the first post you jerk, if you don't know any words, ask.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 04:10:48 AM »
with the 700 pound rows, he probably meant t-bar rows.  Didn't he put 12 or 13 plates on.

sound about right...

anyway why would they lie...

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 04:34:44 AM »
Yeah i think i believe all those claims but only because it is ronnie. If i can millitary press 100's at 150 pounds in my weakest and dryest state i believe he can easily do 220 on incline.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 05:12:26 AM »
nope, sorry man but that claim ain't gonna fly, look at it this way, Pat Casey the first man to bench 600 plus top set was 5 with a pair of 215's and he was way stronger than Ronnie on the bench press, i believe what he did on the Unbelieveable which was a pair of 200's for 7 half reps was his all time best and that's still fuccking amazing.

Would you really say they were half reps Squadfather?  I didnt think he could really press them any further...mainly as the 'bells were so long.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 05:21:10 AM »
I would believe Ronnie's lifts. I assume they meant T-bars, so yes i can imagine he would be capable of that. Squat, definietly capable of that. Incline press, maybe. We've all seen the vid of him doing the 200's on flat bench for reps. I believe he could do 220's on incline, but not for 14.

And leafy, sorry man, but i just don't buy your claim. If it is true, thats crazy then.
No doubt about it...

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 05:22:04 AM »
fucck man, 100's at 150 bodyweight? if that's true that's one of the best feats of strength compared to bodyweight i've heard of, shit that's what 75 percent of bodyweight on shoulder presses with ONE ARM. :o
i cant even look at the 100's let alone press them. if its true, leafy bug is a thug.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 05:23:38 AM »
Would you really say they were half reps Squadfather?  I didn't think he could really press them any further...mainly as the 'bells were so long.

Yeah i agree, they weren't half reps, the dumbbells were just so damn big that they would be kinda awkward to press. And he did 12 reps with the 200's i believe.
No doubt about it...

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 05:36:57 AM »
thats after he did.. working sets up to 200lbs for 12 easy reps on the flat bensh..
so yes i believe he can definetly do 220's easy..
for all we know on unbelivable that could be a bad day for him...
220s would be nothing if he did inclines first...
forget what anybody else did

for sure, its just watch the video. 200īs for 12. Yeah, not text book form (as almost anyone know its not Ronnie style) but i doubt anyone here will say its easy to do that just because his form is not perfect  ;)
!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 05:44:56 AM »
for sure, its just watch the video. 200īs for 12. Yeah, not text book form (as almost anyone know its not Ronnie style) but i doubt anyone here will say its easy to do that just because his form is not perfect  ;)

ronnie could deadlift new york city if he wanted
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 05:55:43 AM »
ronnie could handle 220lbs dumbbells for a few reps im sure...he did 200 for 12....on the flat db press

id say maybe 5 reps with 220lbs

front squats with 600lbs is def beliavable ...maybe 2-3 reps.

700lbs rows? cant be barbell rows. and i doubt very much he could do rows in the corner with that weight either....maybe a couple of "shrug reps".

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 07:40:28 AM »
Would you really say they were half reps Squadfather?  I didnt think he could really press them any further...mainly as the 'bells were so long.
yes they were half reps and i'd tell him that to his face, the size of the bells has nothing to do with how far you bring them down.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »
yes they were half reps and i'd tell him that to his face, the size of the bells has nothing to do with how far you bring them down.
calm down tiger...form police  ::)

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 07:53:10 AM »
take some time and read the first post you jerk, if you don't know any words, ask.
i stated the lifts he has actually done on video dipshit. In other words if he did 800 squat on fucking vid or 200 for 14 press on vid or maybe the 585 front squat on vid then why would these no vid claims be such a big stretch ya fucking asshat. Esp considering he did these a few years ago. Some people can get stronger in the gym cupcake

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 09:08:16 AM »

you dont know what your talking about if you think theses were half reps, one is touching his chest and stopping just short of lockout, and the other is a little higher. form is as good as any for a bodybuilder or gym lift. theres no fucking judges there. would you like him to go through his chest and lockout? locking out is bad form for muscle growth an puts alot of stress on the joints, its just stupid to do.

also, he is about 4% bodyfat there, add 40 pounds bodyweight(offseason) and he could do 220's on incline for a nice few reps i imagine. take him up too the 20% bodyfat of most powerlifters and dude is DEFINITELY doing 220"s for that much.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2007, 09:11:21 AM »
you dont know what your talking about if you think theses were half reps, one is touching his chest and stopping just short of lockout, and the other is a little higher. form is as good as any for a bodybuilder or gym lift. theres no fucking judges there. would you like him to go through his chest and lockout? locking out is bad form for muscle growth an puts alot of stress on the joints, its just stupid to do.

also, he is about 4% bodyfat there, add 40 pounds bodyweight(offseason) and he could do 220's on incline for a nice few reps i imagine. take him up too the 20% bodyfat of most powerlifters and dude is DEFINITELY doing 220"s for that much.

bullshit, he didn't touch his chest on ONE of the incline reps and you're using the same tired bullshit "locking out is bad for the joints" excuse that every partial repper makes, let me find a picture of Pat Casey pressing the 215's to show you what a REAL rep looks like.

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2007, 09:20:59 AM »
bullshit, he didn't touch his chest on ONE of the incline reps and you're using the same tired bullshit "locking out is bad for the joints" excuse that every partial repper makes, let me find a picture of Pat Casey pressing the 215's to show you what a REAL rep looks like.

is there a vid of ronnie doing inclines then?  I was basing my judgement on the vid where he's doing flat presses with the 200s...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2007, 09:23:50 AM »
is there a vid of ronnie doing inclines then?  I was basing my judgement on the vid where he's doing flat presses with the 200s...
it's on the SAME VIDEO after he does the flats, he does flat db, incline db and flat flyes.

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 09:25:15 AM »
it's on the SAME VIDEO after he does the flats, he does flat db, incline db and flat flyes.

I dont have the full video i'm afraid so cant really comment.  Does he do 200's on incline as well then?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 09:28:30 AM »
I dont have the full video i'm afraid so cant really comment.  Does he do 200's on incline as well then?
i take that back, he does three quarter reps, he comes about 2-3 inches from his chest, check out the 30 second mark.

&mode=related&search=

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 09:29:43 AM »
In the radio interview - tribute to Ronnie, Brian Dobson (the owner of Metroflex) said that Ronnie front squated 600 pounds for reps, 700 pounds bend over rows and incline pressed 220 pound dumbells for 14 reps....said that they didn't recorded these feats of strength on camera and that they wished they did.....

Wow if these are true claims.....Ronnie is superhuman...discuss  :)

700lb BORows is horseshit
220lb db inclines for 14 is horseshit.......maybe 4-6, but 14?  horseshit
600lb front squats for a few reps I'll buy.

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2007, 09:36:30 AM »
i take that back, he does three quarter reps, he comes about 2-3 inches from his chest, check out the 30 second mark.

&mode=related&search=

thanks for the link...you're right about the reps

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007, 10:13:02 AM »

the flat bench, perfect form.

cant find the inclines, but your not suppose to touch your chest, i take it you never did any kinesiology in school? it is a recipe for a torn rotator, look how low the elbows go when you bring it down that far.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2007, 10:16:13 AM »

&mode=related&search=

LOL, one dumbell is literally a half inch from his chest, the other one is like 2 inches. he always reps shit all fucked up like that. in redemption his flat bench is on an angle and shit, probably why he injured one side.

your a jew if you think locking out is proper form for hypertrophy, its just showing how ignorant you are.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2007, 10:17:41 AM »

&mode=related&search=
3 quater reps with heavy poundage is actually harder then full locked out reps. I start to do full locked out reps when i get too tired to handle the weight.