Author Topic: would any of you see a massage therapist [no homo]  (Read 722 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
would any of you see a massage therapist [no homo]
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »
found out a friend has been seeing one for the last 3 years. 60 hr work week, blue collar guy. I'm white collar guy who doesn't like sweating for my job.  :D

just wondering if I should start and why he's still going to see her.

is it something we should do to keep the body in check? or is it a scam?

first I'm going to see my Dr. then go from there.

should I see a physiotherapist or massage therapist?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: would any of you see a massage therapist [no homo]
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 05:06:05 AM »
I get massages regularly.  It's a great way to relieve stress.  Certainly, anyone serious about his physique (like Jay Cutler for example) should get them routinely.  Massages are usually administered in 60 or 90 minute sessions. I always get the latter because 60 minutes goes by too quickly.  I suggest you begin at a spa to introduce yourself to the experience.  For example http://www.burkewilliamsspa.com/

Of course, you can skip the frills and go directly to a private massage studio in someone's home/office (in call) or even have the masseur come to your house (an out call).  In the latter case, the masseur will bring the massage table, the oils, and everything else needed to provide the massage.  Out calls usually cost more than in calls.  If you opt for a private massage be aware that they come in three varieties: therapeutic, sensual, and erotic.  The first one is legitimate, the other two are what you think they are...  ::)

You can get a good massage from a man or a woman though I think most men prefer male masseurs because they assume a guy will have stronger hands and therefore have better technique.  This is debatable but obviously, it is your call.  I have had great massages from men and women.

At this point, it sounds almost cliché for me to say this, but many bi-curious men like massages and indulge in them as a kind of displaced (sexual) encounter.  You get to experience the touch and caress of a man without any of the sexual implications usually associated with man to man contact…. But that’s a whole other subject.

If you want to know more, send me a PM.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
Re: would any of you see a massage therapist [no homo]
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 05:24:26 AM »
I get massages...not regularly but not seldom either.  The first few are great, but after she's worked all my knots out, I don't seem to get a whole lot out of it...so then I take a break, beat myself up some more while trying to take care of everything myself, but then get my butt back in her office.  I also do 90-120m.  

if you've got a legit injury, go to a physical therapist...massage isn't going to cut it.