Author Topic: Anyone switch to an SSD?Much of a speed increase?  (Read 511 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Anyone switch to an SSD?Much of a speed increase?
« on: August 06, 2011, 10:00:54 PM »
Thinking about changing my 7200rpm drive to an ssd so my hd men in thongs videos load faster, is the speed increase worth it?Can get a good deal on a 96gb drive, would use it for OS boot drive and for apps,opinions?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: Anyone switch to an SSD?Much of a speed increase?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »
Thinking about changing my 7200rpm drive to an ssd so my hd men in thongs videos load faster, is the speed increase worth it?Can get a good deal on a 96gb drive, would use it for OS boot drive and for apps,opinions?

or, add another identical 7200rpm thong and do a raid 0 thong setup.

thong space matters too

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 11:20:01 PM »

heycomedy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 11:34:17 PM »
youll never notice it

see disks are cheap and industry has to come out with bs to sell

you know 4 disks in software raid 10 would be 2x as fast as 1 disk and twice the capacity?
capitalism baby!

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 03:06:22 AM »

System on regular HD starts up in 60 seconds. Similar system with SSD starts up in 25 seconds. Do your math. Timed from pushing start to the moment when win 7 is fully loaded and functional. I cloned my laptops HD to the SSD and test with both few times.