Author Topic: STATEMENT FROM JAY...........  (Read 4619 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
STATEMENT FROM JAY...........
« on: September 28, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »
FROM FLEXONLINE
Cutler entered the Olympia threatening to match the level he reached at the Olympia in 2001, when he lost a controversial decision to Ronnie Coleman. By all accounts leading up to the show, he was on track to match that performance. But he took the stage at the Friday prejudging inexplicably flat, and carrying enough water to leave the door open for someone to step in and steal his crown. Feeling the heat, Cutler took his preparation to a new level, dropping 10 pounds before taking the stage on Saturday night. And while he looked vastly improved from Friday, Jackson's lead was too much to overcome.

"I feel a little sad but I have to be happy for Dexter because I know what it's like to win," Cutler said. "He didn't believe he could win when we were standing there. You win some you lose some. He looked better than me last night and I obviously had too much ground to cover tonight. It makes the Olympia a little more interesting, we've had those years where its the same guys winning all the time, it just sucks that I have to be the guy who gets defeated so quickly. But that's what makes me who I am."

m8

• Getbig V
Re: STATEMENT FROM JAY...........
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 05:51:55 PM »

ChinoXL

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 07:40:04 PM »

listening to that video and watching your avatar fucken rocks

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 07:48:36 PM »
FROM FLEXONLINE
Cutler entered the Olympia threatening to match the level he reached at the Olympia in 2001, when he lost a controversial decision to Ronnie Coleman. By all accounts leading up to the show, he was on track to match that performance. But he took the stage at the Friday prejudging inexplicably flat, and carrying enough water to leave the door open for someone to step in and steal his crown. Feeling the heat, Cutler took his preparation to a new level, dropping 10 pounds before taking the stage on Saturday night. And while he looked vastly improved from Friday, Jackson's lead was too much to overcome.

"I feel a little sad but I have to be happy for Dexter because I know what it's like to win," Cutler said. "He didn't believe he could win when we were standing there. You win some you lose some. He looked better than me last night and I obviously had too much ground to cover tonight. It makes the Olympia a little more interesting, we've had those years where its the same guys winning all the time, it just sucks that I have to be the guy who gets defeated so quickly. But that's what makes me who I am."

Cool guy Jay is. Made no excuses and gave Dex props.

Ronnie would not do that, nor Dorian (or Samir for that matter).

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 07:50:48 PM »

Why not? He was very respectful of his fellow competitors. The thing is he never lost during his reign  :)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »

Jay stood up like a man. Rather than whining and saying something like "I spilled over because I ate baby food...and when I realized that I made that mistake I tried to make up for it by drinking a gallon of water an hour." And that's it. Just being vague and not saying that he still feels that he should have won.
Jay gives credit where credit is due. :)

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 10:35:37 PM »
I think and hope Jay will be back next year.

FreedomFighter

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 10:39:59 PM »
FROM FLEXONLINE

i respect jay for that... he is definitely the best ambassador for the sport.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 12:26:02 AM »
Like I've said before

Jay may have crappy physique compared to some of the pros but heck he's one hell of a guy.. Thumbs up for Jay.. A great pro and champion.

I doubt Dex has that personality.. I just hope he does
I am a mini beast

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 12:29:38 AM »
Feeling the heat, Cutler took his preparation to a new level, dropping 10 pounds before taking the stage on Saturday night.

Wow i hope Flex Magazine has an article on this in a future issue ;D

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 12:30:14 AM »
Major respect to Jay. I've always looked up to Jay. Not so much from a physique point of view, but just he seems like a good guy. Very humble, classy guy, respectful of his fellow competitors, succesful business man and possibly the best representative of bb'ing we have had. One of the guys in bb'ing who are genuinely deserving of the respect he gets.
No doubt about it...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 12:30:44 AM »
$20 a photo Lou should listen up....Opps sorry again...I mean $10 a photo Ronnie Coleman should listen up...No excuses...

YOU ARE NOW SEEING WHY JAY CUTLER WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR MR. OLYMPIA....CLASS FUCKING ACT...

JAY IF YOUR READING THIS, NEVER EVER ASK FOR ANY MONEY IF SOMEONE WANTS TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOU WITH THERE CAMERA...NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!RONNIE COLEMAN IS ALREADY ASKING FOR $10

M75

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 12:33:06 AM »
Jay is a very classy competitor.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 12:54:30 AM »
one of the most modest and humble guy out there!!! great going champ!!! :D

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 01:08:11 AM »
Hmm kinda feel bad for all the fridge jokes  now. Jay is a class act. Dexter is a great choice for Mr Olympia though. Jay will be back. Needs to come in way lighter and tighter. None of this out mass everybody shit.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 01:12:38 AM »
"Keep walking" Jay...  :)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 01:34:26 AM »
$20 a photo Lou should listen up....Opps sorry again...I mean $10 a photo Ronnie Coleman should listen up...No excuses...

YOU ARE NOW SEEING WHY JAY CUTLER WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR MR. OLYMPIA....CLASS FUCKING ACT...

JAY IF YOUR READING THIS, NEVER EVER ASK FOR ANY MONEY IF SOMEONE WANTS TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOU WITH THERE CAMERA...NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!RONNIE COLEMAN IS ALREADY ASKING FOR $10
lol ;D

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 11:10:24 AM »
He should have cried racism, just to mock many other Jackass
bodybuilders  out there have.
Most are all show no go!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 11:27:43 AM »

Jay stood up like a man. Rather than whining and saying something like "I spilled over because I ate baby food...and when I realized that I made that mistake I tried to make up for it by drinking a gallon of water an hour." And that's it. Just being vague and not saying that he still feels that he should have won.
Jay gives credit where credit is due. :)

Def I agree. I guess it's a defense mechanism that people have (those who compete) to not admit that they were wrong or didn't come at their best. It takes balls to and humble disposition to give the winner props, and it lends a air of classiness about you as well. hope Dex has that as well.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »
FROM FLEXONLINE

this statement make me Love Jay Cutler even more. way to go Cutler
Get Big, or Die Trying

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 11:56:44 AM »
Cool guy Jay is. Made no excuses and gave Dex props.

exactly, jay is humble as they come. that's a true Champion. these other muthafcukers can't handle defeats well.
Get Big, or Die Trying