Author Topic: Quotes from Ben Weider  (Read 2115 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Quotes from Ben Weider
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:22:48 PM »
Some Ben Weider Quotes from the PBW Interview (replayed on tonights show).

On the Rivalry between the magazines . "If they are going to divide bodybuilding, they only complicate the issue.  The magazines cant expect respect, unless they give respect.  They cannot be a friend, unless you are a friend."   A lot of the bodybuilding owners are mavericks and they want to do whatever they want to do."

On why Wayne Demilia got fired.  Ben said "Wayne thought he was me."  "Wayne is dedicated and hard working.  But he doesn't understand people."

On Lee Priest getting suspended for competing in the PDI.  Ben said "When you go to a restaraunt that says No Smoking, you can only come back if you stop smoking.  You have to follow basic rules"

On the possibility of Weider buying back the magazines.  "We are interested in buying the magazines if they are sold. But I doubt they will be sold." 

On Peter McGough.  "Peter McGough is a highly motivated and dedicated person.  He eats, he sleeps and he dreams bodybuilding.  He's a man I respect"

On when he will retire for good.  "I'll retire when the Good Lord calls me."

RIP Ben Weider!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Quotes from Ben Weider
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:23:46 PM »
Don't forget Every year right before the O... "This is going to be the best Mr. Olympia show ever!"

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:26:32 PM »

On Peter McGough.  "Peter McGough is a highly motivated and dedicated person.  He eats, he sleeps and he dreams bodybuilding.  He's a man I respect"

No shit...
No doubt about it...

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »

On why Wayne Demilia got fired.  Ben said "Wayne thought he was me."  "Wayne is dedicated and hard working.  But he doesn't understand people."

I remember when he said that. Classic dig!  ;D
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 08:55:39 AM »