Author Topic: Dr. Jeffry Life  (Read 14217 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Dr. Jeffry Life
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:48:11 PM »
Have you seen his ads in magazines and newspapers?  Are you buying what he's pushing or is it all bs?

http://www.cenegenics-drlife.com/index2.html

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Dr. Jeffry Life
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 12:53:06 PM »
Have you seen his ads in magazines and newspapers?  Are you buying what he's pushing or is it all bs?

http://www.cenegenics-drlife.com/index2.html

I guess it's BayGBM approved :D btw it's a good photoshop ;)

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »
He went on HRT.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 12:55:22 PM »
so what does he look like now?

he's 69 now

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »
He went on HRT.

All the advertisements featuring him remind me of that pervasive caveat:  "Results not typical" = "this will never happen for you, sucker!"  :P

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 12:58:53 PM »
hahaha this is such a bad photoshop I just loaded the pic up on Photoshop CS

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 01:01:06 PM »
what did he look like in his 30s and 40s?   Odds are he was quite athletic in his youth, stopped working out for a few years, then got back into shape.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »
hahaha this is such a bad photoshop I just loaded the pic up on Photoshop CS

What's so bad about it?  The pic was obviously not taken in that gym but I have little doubt that is him and he is in great shape for an old guy.  There are plenty of random old guys in great shape; he may be one of them. I just don't believe in any "product" that can make it happen for the average 55 year old couch potato.

Tim's comment makes much more sense to me than "cenegenics" whatever that is.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 01:06:38 PM »
I hate when these guys just stand there and stick their stomach out.  ::)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 01:09:06 PM »
What's so bad about it?  The pic was obviously not taken in that gym but I have little doubt that is him and he is in great shape for an old guy.  There are plenty of random old guys in great shape; he may be one of them. I just don't believe in any "product" that can make it happen for the average 55 year old couch potato.

Tim's comment makes much more sense to me than "cenegenics" whatever that is.

It's a photoshop because you can see that the head has been "photoshopped" onto the body

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 01:19:58 PM »
It's a photoshop because you can see that the head has been "photoshopped" onto the body

Has it?  I dunno.  That is certainly not the body of a young man...

I have a friend who claimed to be a photoshop expert and although he knows nothing about bodybuilding he kept insisting to me that this photo was photoshopped with the head placed onto the body.  Despite his ostensible photoshop expertise he was wrong.  After seeing him so thoroughly owned, I lost faith in "photoshop experts."  :-\

Like I said, my main complaint here is that he is peddling some "product" when, it fact, his transformation had more to do with good diet and exercise that everyone has access to.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 01:23:04 PM »
Has it?  I dunno.  That is certainly not the body of a young man...

I have a friend who claimed to be a photoshop expert and although he knows nothing about bodybuilding he kept insisting to me that this photo was photoshopped with the head placed onto the body.  Despite his ostensible photoshop expertise he was wrong.  After seeing him so thoroughly owned, I lost faith in "photoshop experts."  :-\

Like I said, my main complaint here is that he is peddling some "product" when, it fact, his transformation had more to do with good diet and exercise that everyone has access to.

I also call myself a Photoshop artist and expert have been using it since PH 5.5 as far as I can remember, and the head is without a doubt photoshopped on the torso, it's so fucking simple to do, all you need is to get the lighting right and I'm sure there's a plugin for that.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 01:38:14 PM »
I also call myself a Photoshop artist and expert have been using it since PH 5.5 as far as I can remember, and the head is without a doubt photoshopped on the torso, it's so fucking simple to do, all you need is to get the lighting right and I'm sure there's a plugin for that.

Doesn't look photoshopped to me.   Also, if you are such an expert you would know that such a plugin existed or not. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 01:39:16 PM »

Doesn't look photoshopped to me.   Also, if you are such an expert you would know that such a plugin existed or not. 

I'm using Photoshop to create webdesigns not to Morph and distort

hope this helps.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 01:41:05 PM »

all you highlighted was that the body was edited onto the background. no proof the head was edited onto the body (hint: it wasn't).

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »
all you highlighted was that the body was edited onto the background. no proof the head was edited onto the body (hint: it wasn't).

you see the two red rings? You see them? zoom and check it out yourself ::)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 02:13:22 PM »

That was my thought. I think it's his head on his body. But what he is peddling is still crap.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »
PED
HRT
ALL DRUGS
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 07:03:32 PM »
i think it is his head, what makes it look funny is that they smooth out his skin out a bit, around the shoulder area IMO.
A

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 10:07:17 PM »
Dr. Jeffry Life believes he's the picture of health
He's that graying senior with the chiseled physique in those print ads. He shares his health regimen.
Roy Wallack

"Oh, you mean the guy with the 70-year-old head and the 20-year-old body-builder body? That picture has got to be Photoshopped."

Dr. Jeffry Life smiles when I tell him about the general reaction I get about the famous picture of him with his shirt off, the shot that turned a mild-mannered doctor in his mid-60s into a poster boy for super-fit aging and controversial hormone replacement

Appearing in medical-clinic ads in airline magazines and newspapers (including this one), the incongruous photo juxtaposes a bald, white-haired, septuagenarian head on top of a rippling, V-shaped torso worthy of an Olympic gymnast or powerlifter. Completing the effect of macho, forever-young vitality, Life's left hand casually dangles by his thumb from a jeans front pocket, in a cool cowboy swagger.

"Yeah, I read on the Internet that people think it's digitally enhanced," says the soft-spoken Life (which really is his name, translated from the German by his immigrant great-grandfather) with a laugh. But the body is real -- built by a relentless, six-day-a-week exercise regimen that includes hard cardio, heavy weights pushed to the max, martial arts, Pilates, a strict low-glycemic carb diet and lots of supplements. It has also, for the last seven years, been hormonally enhanced by a program that includes testosterone and human growth hormone -- a therapy Life views as entirely appropriate, even necessary despite the medical evidence questioning both its effectiveness and safety.

Testosterone replacement can enlarge the prostate and raise levels of prostate-specific androgen, used in cancer-screening tests. Human growth hormone could increase the risk of diabetes and cancer, and the National Insitute on Aging recommends it not be used for anti-aging purposes. (See related story for details.) But both are mainstays of the not-quite-mainstream field known as anti-aging medicine.

Life's enthusiasm is undimmed by such skepticism. "The fact is that every male over 50 or 55 suffers from a slow, insidious fall in testosterone levels," he says. "You don't notice it for a long time until your 'T' levels cross a certain threshold. Then you suddenly find that you lose your enthusiasm, your sex drive and can't maintain muscle mass anymore -- even if you work out. It's even worse if your HGH levels are falling off the table. That's what happened to me."

'Years of sloth'

Like most people, Life didn't give a thought to his testosterone level, his HGH or his fitness as he built his career as a family practice doctor in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. A lapsed Masters swimmer who became inactive in his mid 40s, the father of five became fat and borderline diabetic -- "a typical stressed-out middle-aged doctor who ate, drank and didn't practice what he preached. It was years and years of sloth."

That changed the day Life, then 60, picked up Muscle Media magazine and read about "the Challenge," a 12-week, before-and-after fitness contest. His competitive fires lighted, Life sent in his before photo and hit the gym.

Three months later, he'd dropped 25 pounds, cut his body fat from 28% to 10%, got genuinely ripped and was named one of the contest's 1999 "Body for Life" 10 grand champions...  http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-jeffry-life18-2010jan18,0,3706975,full.column

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 10:10:21 PM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »

Despite your expertise, I believe you are incorrect.  This head was not Photoshopped onto the body.

That’s twice now a photoshop “expert” has been wrong about a mature head being digitally placed onto a young looking body.  The fact that these supposed experts are quick to assert this claim--and defend it--says more about their anxiety/inability to reconcile the combination of a mature man with a fit physique than about their expertise.  Perhaps the real fiction here is the claim of being an “expert” to begin with. :-\

Doesn't look photoshopped to me.   Also, if you are such an expert you would know that such a plugin existed or not.  

x2

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 10:26:45 PM »
Absolutely no doubt that it is photoshopped...

240?
S

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 10:27:43 PM »
This is Jeffry Life now... at 71.  His regimen includes taking testosterone and human growth hormone and lifting weights five days a week

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 10:34:39 PM »
...The famous photo you see in ads today was taken in December 2004 when Life was 66. How does his body look now?

To find out, I met him at the Las Vegas Athletic Club, where Life hits different body parts five days a week at 7 a.m., normally with a trainer.

Life looks buffed, ripped. His arms and legs are heavily vascular, with pipe-like veins bulging over fat-free sinew.

He hammers himself hard on the machines -- five sets of chest flies, incline presses, decline presses, dumbbell bench presses, dips, leg extensions and many other exercises -- all done in ascending weights to the point of "failure," where you can go no more on the last rep.

It's the same strategy Life uses for cardio, blasting his home stationary bike on four sets of four lung-heaving, high-intensity intervals.

"When you go to failure, you push the skeletal muscles into a zone that makes them stronger," he says. "You also force your heart muscle to make special 'stress proteins' that protect it from heart disease."

Life also does Pilates twice a week and taekwondo three times a week.

"It greatly enhances my flexibility, but mainly I do it just because I always wanted to."

Going full-speed is a joy at any age but maybe even sweeter when it's so counterintuitive. At a time when his peers are gearing down, Life acts like he's just getting started.

"At 71, I feel better than I've ever been. I'm as strong or stronger than I've ever been, with even more muscle mass than five years ago."

Maybe it's time for a new photo.