Author Topic: Pec tear  (Read 10712 times)

CDel19

• Getbig II
Pec tear
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:48:55 PM »
Well after many years of lifting and jujitsu I finally tore something benching 315  I'll prob need surgery and I have to accept a layoff from gym and classes. I'm 43 on test and deca. Any advice what to do for training the next few months  I'd like to get pretty lean now as I have no choice but to do lots of lower body training  will I lose a lot of muscle :(??

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Pec tear
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 07:33:05 AM »
Just train around the injury and focus on building up other areas for now.

Once you get it fixed, focus on physical therapy, stretching and recovery.  After you get your PT completed and have full mobility, get back into the weights slowly.

Stop doing BB bench presses.  Use DB's.  ;)

8)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 09:42:48 AM »
A few football player's, from high school to the Pro's will suffer pec tears, mostly line men or linebacker. Quite painful, and very limiting. Been around a few guy's who have gotten this. Know that some players have been out close to a year before they can get back to the shape there were in before the tear. Of course , you may be one of the lucky ones, with only a minor problem.

Assuming you went to a doctor to check it out, and not just a guess on your part. If the area is blue/black then you certainly have the start of a minor injury, or more serious, complete tear. The quicker the surgery the better..  There should be an area where you see a ugly bulge alone the chest area. That would suggest a complete tear, with the muscle being rolled up a bit.

Pretty hard to train around, because you should be finding out that the pec has a lot to do with about every exercise, including squats.

Guy's on deca, and like products, may tend to get muscle insert injuries. Like pec, bicep, tricep and quads, which all seem to be the most common.

Going to be up to you if you want to try and work around the pec injury. Only you will know what you can get away with...or not.

Good luck.
F

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »
There's a lot of bruising and my chest looks a bit differ by and sticks out more on bad side. As far as training right now should I just do legs and daily cardio 45-1hour ? I just wanna get lean. Also should I keep same dose of test deca?  Thx

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 08:17:37 AM »
Of course the question still remains, have you gotten a doctors opinion? If a pec tear (however  minor, still will require rest) it's not going to heal it's self.

I wouldn't suggest any kind of drug  (PED or anything else) to anyone.  I'm not a big supporter of anyone using drugs for BB'ing, lifting or anything else in general. But that would be your personal choice. If you checked out for a lower test level (lot of BB'ers do) than you may need that...shots will be the more effective. There's a drugie site on GB, might ask over there..

Upper body exercises will be limited. Could probably do lateral & rear raises for delts, but front raises involve the pecs too much.  Maybe upright rows and bent over rows also, depending on how they feel to you. Focusing on the biceps & triceps are another option.

Good Luck.

F

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 08:32:40 AM »
I'm still awaiting an MRI. As far as ped's I am in trt w some deca. I'll never go off lol

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 08:15:29 AM »
Partial pec tear  not getting surgery but I will look a little diff and my heavy days are over

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 10:48:47 AM »
Damn!!! Glad that's not me I guess 315 is the magic number I'm not even going to flat bar press anymore never had as much trouble with any other excersizes...

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 06:04:18 PM »
I'm 43 and should lighten up a bit anyway  trt makes me feel 25:)

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »
Terrible idea to get lean at this point when you aren't training... you want to eat tons of protein in and eat in a surplus maybe up your dosages a bit and work the muscles you CAN work during your time off,, if maintaining the physique is crucial to you then that's my suggestion.. Also supplement with tb-500 if you want a faster recovery

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »
i cant work any major muscles for a while and i refuse to put on weight  id rather be lean w size i have  test deca keep the muscle i hope

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 10:20:35 AM »
Damn!!! Glad that's not me I guess 315 is the magic number I'm not even going to flat bar press anymore never had as much trouble with any other excersizes...
flat bench is totally not worth it  barbell incline ive been lucky with

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 11:02:54 AM »
i cant work any major muscles for a while and i refuse to put on weight  id rather be lean w size i have  test deca keep the muscle i hope
will be hard to maintain size in a deficit without training and low anabolics

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 09:27:00 AM »
Should I increase dose ?

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »
Should I increase dose ?

would switch to tren + GH +tb500 if possible... Faster healing with GH and tb500 + muscle sparing properties and help you stay lean in your time off... Whole point of tren being made was to build muscle and burn fat on animals much bigger than us that obviously don't weight tren... Will keep you full and maintain muscle at dose as little as 350mg/week...

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »
I don't think I can handle tren mentally lol

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 08:55:20 AM »
Anyone here have a partial pec tear and didn't get surgery.?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 06:37:35 AM »
Anyone here have a partial pec tear and didn't get surgery.?

I know a lot of power lifters who never got it repaired.

You should be fine, it may look weird, but overall function is the major factor.  A lot of men can recover from a partial tear without problems.

8)

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 08:17:22 AM »
Thx  hoping to rehab it

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 09:24:40 AM »
Pretty much depend where the tear (rupture) starts at and the extent of it.

If it begins at the pec/delt/shoulder girdle tie in or the sternum/breast bone, that can make quite a difference. For a few football players (pec/tricep/biceps) insert tears are not that uncommon, and sternum tears seem the most worry some for them.

As for lifting, it's can be an individual thing. But than again, a chain is only strongest at it's weakest link, and if seeking  full strength potential a well healed tear can be of prime importance. Most slight tears will heal by themselves, a little caution from the lifter also can help greatly. Usually common sense, over seeing a doctor, may be suggested also.

Good Luck.
F

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 07:01:26 AM »
It's at the pec and humerus insertion. I will always have a smal gap and upper chest a little flatter while lower pec sticks out a little. Even w surgery it don't look 100% anyway. I will,be happy lifting moderate weight and body weight. But my grappling is another story. Idk if I can go back for a while if ever

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 08:51:57 AM »
CDel19...glad your approaching this with common sense, so many guy's don't. More like Hell's Bell's to them, with predictable less than good results. And than they wonder why injuries are taking so long to recover...if ever.

Grappling may, or may not, prove doable (guess that is a word..no red line) for you. Only time will tell. As you know, with grappling  you are doing many different angles, push-pulls,static holds and with tugs and resistance in most all of them. Also going to develop exceptional strength in these odd positions. Grapplers/wrestlers can develop a whole pattern of strength that lifters never dreamed was available. Using a very overworked term here; Functional strength that can be absent in most lifting programs and lifters.

Lets just hope things work out for you at 110%.

Good Luck.  
F

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 07:43:08 AM »
It's because I'm 43 and have put my body through hell for last ten years. I'm a bjj black belt. Starting TRT a few years ago really helped me. But then I started to lift heavy again and this happened.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 07:57:44 AM »
CDel19...glad your approaching this with common sense, so many guy's don't. More like Hell's Bell's to them, with predictable less than good results. And than they wonder why injuries are taking so long to recover...if ever.

Grappling may, or may not, prove doable (guess that is a word..no red line) for you. Only time will tell. As you know, with grappling  you are doing many different angles, push-pulls,static holds and with tugs and resistance in most all of them. Also going to develop exceptional strength in these odd positions. Grapplers/wrestlers can develop a whole pattern of strength that lifters never dreamed was available. Using a very overworked term here; Functional strength that can be absent in most lifting programs and lifters.

Lets just hope things work out for you at 110%.

Good Luck.  
wrestlers and Functional strength..eh?? Itīs actually the correct body position and centre of Balance which makes you strong. Think of a spinning top and how it propells an  object when hit. judo uses the yielding principle and uses this to their advantage. ground work needs strength true but only to a degree because skill takes over... more evident in BJJ. Ground work is a master work for them. "Ki" in Aikido and Internal arts is another thing which needs a long time to explain and understand.

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »
Having some wrestling training I think it's the hardest sport In ways and great conditioning