Author Topic: Heavy Weights vs Light Weight  (Read 3596 times)

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Heavy Weights vs Light Weight
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:23:25 AM »
Not sure Runners world is the best place to get info on how to become HUUUuuuge...
?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »
Lol ^ this my first thought

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 10:14:25 PM »
True though I thought the science behind the study was interesting and wondered what GB'ers thought about it. We all know you gotta take these types of "studies" with a grain of salt.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 02:25:16 AM »
Yes it was a good read.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 11:27:02 AM »
I went through a stage of reading endless studies on training .... Waste of time, they don't tell you anything ... After a few years you should know your body and how it responds to training, how much rest you need etc

These same type of studies will tell you about more quad activation in a leg extension compared to a squat etc etc

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 07:16:56 PM »
I went through a stage of reading endless studies on training .... Waste of time, they don't tell you anything ... After a few years you should know your body and how it responds to training, how much rest you need etc

These same type of studies will tell you about more quad activation in a leg extension compared to a squat etc etc

Very true. Its like parenting... you take some things you liked from your parents style but then try different things to fill the gaps of what you didn't and eventually you learn what works for your unique family needs. These studies are interesting but again. Take it with a grain of salt because in about a month another one will come out contradicting those findings and next thing you know we all get cancer hahaha

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »
Very true. Its like parenting... you take some things you liked from your parents style but then try different things to fill the gaps of what you didn't and eventually you learn what works for your unique family needs. These studies are interesting but again. Take it with a grain of salt because in about a month another one will come out contradicting those findings and next thing you know we all get cancer hahaha

Yeh, everything we will ever do ends up linked with cancer one day, then the next its good for the heart...