Author Topic: Outer elbow sharp burn pain  (Read 3815 times)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Outer elbow sharp burn pain
« on: November 19, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »
Both of my outer elbows at times burn not sure what is tendon or something. so I backed off dead lifts and heavy barbell shrugs use wrist wraps on back day the whole work out and any thing where I have to hold something up especially side lateral raises because I started a habit of twist elbows forward at the top to get more squeeze like pouring out jugs of water this excersise seems to b the main culprit. I use icy hot before training or it can interfere. It's getting a little better but is slow.
I do not want to fucking take time off of weights fucking pissing me off

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Outer elbow sharp burn pain
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 06:45:25 PM »
Real ice. 3 to 4 times daily. 15 minutes on skin with no movement or barrier. Advil. 2 extra strength. 3 times daily. That beats any joint pain for me in 3 to 4 weeks. .....

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 08:16:20 PM »
both my elbows are feeling pain as well. I may take wooo's advice. 4x'S 15  min is taking away an hour of potential getbig posting time.

Gonna have to think about it first...
?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 04:12:36 AM »
both my elbows are feeling pain as well. I may take wooo's advice. 4x'S 15  min is taking away an hour of potential getbig posting time.

Gonna have to think about it first...

Lol. ... learn how to post with your toes

Seriously though I've never found heat helpful long term. Massage helps a bit if you can get it. Then ice.

Get that swelling down as much as possible. It'll heat up when you lift with it.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 01:21:29 PM »
Ok. I hate ice but elbows burning are annoying  as hell so will give it a try

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 06:24:22 PM »
Ok. I hate ice but elbows burning are annoying  as hell so will give it a try

Ice hurts at first but numbs fast. Repeated use gets easier imo

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
Strict hammer curls and ice.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 12:26:50 PM »
Hammer curls are out of the question at this point especially when I train bicep after back. My elbows are on fire by then

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 02:33:15 PM »
Sounds like your triceps are very tight and you probably do not have full elbow lockout extension
If your triceps are so tight and you cannot fully lock out end range at your elbows, then your shoulders and elbows will be forced to compensate, and you'll get elbow and shoulder pain
Your biceps are probably very tight too preventing full range in your triceps

Take a break from heavy extension moves like skull crushers and push downs

Start grinding and extending your triceps on a metal railing or barbell
Use a barbell to roll on your biceps

Improve external rotation in your shoulders so your shoulders are working hard as opposed to your elbows compensating... If u try and do pull-ups and u have limited range in your shoulders u will get elbow pain

Voodoo wrapping your elbows daily will help
w

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 04:00:27 PM »
Ooops, another day I forget to ice...

Question. I hit my elbow on the ab cruch machine, I twisted to get out since then, it's sore to the touch. Will icing help that? It's been months now, not getting better.
?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 04:06:34 PM »

Question. I hit my elbow on the ab cruch machine, I twisted to get out since then, it's sore to the touch. Will icing help that? It's been months now, not getting better.
u ever try proelyctic enzymes? They helped me recover fast after I tore my bicep
w

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 04:07:49 PM »
u ever try proelyctic enzymes? They helped me recover fast after I tore my bicep

Never heard of them, will google that, thanks.
?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 04:11:31 PM »
Never heard of them, will google that, thanks.
wobenzyme makes them
I think they give them to medical patients in Europe but I could be wrong
w

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 12:04:40 PM »

Ice is universally good...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »
Ice will slow the blood flow/narrow the blood vessels. Reduce pain, swelling and if any internal bleeding, reduce that a bit also. Ice is usually used for immediate first response to a sudden painful injury.

Heat will extend the blood flow and be used when there is no swelling or inflammation. Like on a nagging injury, including joint pain.

Athletes will use heat treatments (pad's, lotion, creams, etc) before training or general workouts. They want the muscle area warmed up and a healthy blood flow within that area. Guy's  will use heat patches/pads. heating lotions/creams,knee/elbow wraps, etc which insure warmth. Even long sleeves workout shirts.

So the general idea will be that heat is used before and during a workout, and ice after a workout. Why so many sports centers have ice tubs/spa's for after a workout. As far as MR P's problem...keep it warm before and during a workout. Ice afterwards, if feeling the need. 15 minutes should be enough time

Known some BB'er who will use a heating element, usually a heat rub or cream, when working arms. And use the same stuff after a workout, to insure that there is a steady supply of blood around the just worked bicep-tricep area, for growth. Most of these guy's also wear full sweats when working out.

Good Luck.
F

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »
I take a hot shower before working out. Easiest warn up there is.