Author Topic: Decline movements..........  (Read 14511 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Decline movements..........
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2016, 11:12:19 AM »
A conflict between a muscle's recovery time & training frequency
Good definition. How does that apply in a single training session though?
I thinking overtraining is thrown around way too much. I usually train for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs at a time. This 45 minutes and out idea is lame.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2016, 11:16:23 AM »
I thinking overtraining is thrown around way too much. I usually train for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs at a time. This 45 minutes and out idea is lame.

Lame in what sense? If a person could obtain the same physique results in the 45 minute period, it seems efficient.  Now, if we are talking about enjoying your training, that is an entirely different thing.  Train away

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2016, 11:21:04 AM »
Lame in what sense? If a person could obtain the same physique results in the 45 minute period, it seems efficient.  Now, if we are talking about enjoying your training, that is an entirely different thing.  Train away
Let me clarify, if you finish your workout in 45 min, great. If you set a goal that you have to finish in 45 minutes, lame.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2016, 11:27:20 AM »
that is one of the better and most simple answers to describe it! The word "conflict" strengthens the sentence so well.

Still have no idea how anyone can train more than once a week. Not saying it's wrong, just not "right" for me.
I agree, have tried the twice per week approach many times, the telltale aches, lack of motivation for training, general fatigue bullshit appear in a few weeks.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2016, 11:32:55 AM »

I believe it doesn't matters that much how long you train, as long as it doesn't becomes too extreme. Some guys do low volume, others do high and the same goes for rest time between sets. At the end of the day, all camps book progress for the simple fact that their training style matches their beliefs.
There's no overtraining in my book as long as you take the necessary time to recover. Because of this, I don't train every muscle with the same frequency, call it autoregulation.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2016, 11:48:10 AM »
I agree, have tried the twice per week approach many times, the telltale aches, lack of motivation for training, general fatigue bullshit appear in a few weeks.
Some can train each muscle 2x a week with intensity but the volume meaning overall sets must be reduced in each workout.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2016, 12:03:00 PM »
Some can train each muscle 2x a week with intensity but the volume meaning overall sets must be reduced in each workout.

I tried every way I could, ultra low volume, heavy/light, one day volume ect and none worked for me, once every 5 days was the most frequency I could handle

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2016, 01:25:29 PM »
What are your thoughts on soreness and training frequency?  Do you feel that soreness is an indication a muscle isn't ready to be trained again?

100% yes.
If it's sore, it's stiff and not ready to go again. Some say light training increases recovery, that never worked for me.
?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2016, 05:26:01 AM »
Interesting quote from Gironda...