Author Topic: Best preventricle measures for injuries?  (Read 4147 times)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Best preventricle measures for injuries?
« on: January 08, 2016, 06:58:20 AM »
What are some of the best preventative tactics some of you use to still train hard but at the same time progress in weights lifted  and prevent injury??

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Best preventricle measures for injuries?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:40:04 AM »
Train smart, listen to your body.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 11:48:06 AM »
What Chaos said,  plus for me it's paying attention to my mobility and consistently working on maintaining and improving it.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:52:31 AM »
proper warm ups
stretching
taking a light week every 6ish weeks.
Week off every 12 weeks.

If it hurts, don't try and be hero and "deal with the pain" I did that, and had to give up all upper body training for 12 weeks once.

I lost EVERYTHING. Went down to.... 178lbs, lol! Fuck....
?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 12:12:32 PM »
Working the shoulder rotators and rear delts, including these has been like a new lease of life, went from having pain all day everyday in the back of the shoulders to them being completely pain free

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 04:24:05 PM »
I'm mainly worried about popping a hamstring because I've been doing alot of heavy deadlifts. Shooting for 6 plates here soon not this week mayb next I will give another attempt I just warm up thoroughly and pyramid up. It's a side goal from physique training after I get 6 plates I'm going to push all strength goals out of my mind. Other than that I only train for size mayb I shouldn't worry about the 6 plates pull but I am

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 04:51:32 PM »
I'm mainly worried about popping a hamstring because I've been doing alot of heavy deadlifts. Shooting for 6 plates here soon not this week mayb next I will give another attempt I just warm up thoroughly and pyramid up. It's a side goal from physique training after I get 6 plates I'm going to push all strength goals out of my mind. Other than that I only train for size mayb I shouldn't worry about the 6 plates pull but I am
work on improving your glute strength to prevent hamstring injuries
Not saying in every case but a lot of times an injured ham is due to weak glutes
If the glutes are weak then the ham are forced to compensate and get overworked-a good example is the ham cramping up in a bridge exercise-in a bent leg position if the hams get overworked and the glutes don't fire they will cramp up
That's why a hamstring curl using a stability ball or a glute ham raise is superior to machine ham curls because you have the synergy of the glutes and hams working together

So if someone is rehabbing an injured ham and only using machines they will never fully rehab it-using a machine that ignores the glutes is only going to overwork the hams more!

So to prevent ham injuries:
Make sure glutes are strong
Make sure hams are not tight
Make sure adductors are not tight
Improve core strength
Improve thoracic spine
Soft tissue work on your feet to help create an arch in the foot to support your ankles and hip function
Hip mobility
Improve shoulder external rotation so the hams are not compensating for lack of power in shoulders
Make sure you have a good ratio between quad and ham strength

Include glute ham raises ,pull throughs ,ball leg curls ,sliding leg curls ,single leg work
w

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 07:11:59 AM »
So ive Been pulling deficits and doing good mornings as well as deep walking lunges gets my ham n glutes very well been doing glute raises as well I am starting to alternate light weights with all these accessory work every other ham/glute day and pull(deadlift) only twice a month from now on.
 Squat is ass to grass as well on quads days some times I back squat for high reps about a year ago my hams were tight and weaker  now I squat with good depth. Just being careful as I know I'm attempting weights that can Injure me.

Side note I aggravated my left shoulder doing bench press and it was light weights and the 4the excersize in the rotation. fuck the bench press from now on. Plus i was going way to heavy on the Incline barbell because of my ego 7 reps 2 failure is to low of a rep range the weight is to heavy for my shoulders so high reps it has to b in order to keep training

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 04:15:22 AM »
Balancing antagonist muscle
Stretching
Smart warm ups
Accessory work for rotator cuff/forearms etc..
Massages/foam rolling

and most importantly :

leave your ego at the door and be smart

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 09:06:28 AM »
Just my view only. These are but a few suggestions, lots of other programs out there.

First suggesion would be to never go to the point of failure, never needed for bb'ing purposes. If wanting to test any progression of strength (once every 3 to 4 weeks), than have a max out session, where a point of failure will usually be reached. Like for benches, squats, DL's, etc.  

But for a normal workouts, going to the point of failure on most every set is putting more demands on the joints, ligaments and tendons and not the actual muscles themselves.  Tends to invite injury and nagging injuries will almost always hold back any steady progress you had been making. The BB bench is a prime example. Serious lifters, like PL'ers and Olympic lifters, are not in the habit of reaching failure in their training sessions, they know better.

Second suggestion would be stretching. Remembering that not only the muscles, but the joints, tendons and ligaments are included.

For quads Sissy squats can give an unbelievable stretch. May take a little learning time, but well worth the effort. Lot of track athletes, among others in sports, include this in a pre workout/event. Any exta wight is never needed.

For hams. SLDL, toes on a 2X4, BB plates, etc. With keeping the back straight, this becomes more of a Romanian DL..take your pick, both great movements. With toes on a 2X4 the calves are getting an every better stretch resulting in less tightness.

For the shoulder girdle (tight shoulders/joints/tendons/ligaments) would suggest hanging from an overhead chinning bar, the only tension would be from the grip, letting the whole body settle down into a relaxed and full stretched position.

Try a 3 position grip..... wide, medium and close. With the close grip, stand sideways to the overhead bar and lace the fingers together. I favor this position for shoulder flexibility, which also includes the lats.  30-60 seconds hang time in any grip, wide, medium or close.

Can  do these  one arm at a time, giving quite a different feel to the actual stretch.

Good Luck
F