Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board
The majority of Americans - Are they liberal? NEW POLL RESULTS
<< < (2/12) > >>
Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: OzmO on May 07, 2014, 12:35:15 PM ---and yet OB got elected to a second term.

And people still think Romney wasn't a turd.

HAHAHAHA 

--- End quote ---

It's a lot more complicated than just looking at whether most Americans are conservatives versus the election results.  Money, the media, Alinsky's Rules, the ground game on election day, etc. all play major factors. 

Romney wasn't a turd. 
240 is Back:
I'm talking about what YOU think of those around you.  Do you look at 100 people you know and say "Yeah, at least 51 of them are totally not libs?"

You give them polls asking them if they're shitty liberals or responsible conservatives, they're going to do anything to run from the negative word "liberal".   FOX new and its minions have demonized it.  But do at least 50% of americans ACT like it?  Be honest here. 
240 is Back:
I'm not talking about "what do self-diagnosing polls say"?

I'm talking about what YOU see.   Are at least 50.1% of people around you actual, hard working, serious, focused, productive, non-leaches that give a shit about the USA and aren't just here to milk everything they can from the federal govt teet?

I look around, and I don't see that.  I see the majority as leeches and less than 50% of people are actual conservatives that subscribe to conservative ideals.

You can't be a conservative and support gun contorl, right?
You cant be a conservative and support abotion, right?

Start listing them.  Maybe if you want to include self-diagnosing conservatives that support amnesty and gun contorl... yikes...
Jack T. Cross:
Don't most people refer to themselves as independents, now? A real laugh, right there.
Jack T. Cross:

--- Quote from: Kazan on May 07, 2014, 11:58:59 AM ---The Majority of Americans want to be left alone and don't really give a shit what anyone else does, as long as it doesn't affect them. A small percentage are actually right or left ideologues.

"It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his
cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our
own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences."---C. S. Lewis

--- End quote ---

With our technology, the robber barons have become the absolute worst sort of busybodies, though, of course. (and we should be so lucky for there to be any authentic, heartfelt morality attached whatsoever. Quite the opposite, in fact.)

It's interesting how the meaning of this quote can give such different ideas over time.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version