Author Topic: Broner vs Maidana  (Read 10728 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Broner vs Maidana
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2013, 08:19:53 AM »
Smelling salts , they are banned in  boxing but many boxers  still use them .

Exactly!

All he had within that napkin was powdered ammonium carbonate & alcohol in capsule form that upon crushing becomes mixed and acts like that of an ammonia inhalant that is typically used when someone loses consciousness (faints) in order to wake them up, EMT & Paramedics carry it, as do lifeguards and they look like this:

The substance literally "wakes" you up..

"1"

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2013, 08:23:57 AM »
Exactly!

All he had within that napkin was powdered ammonium carbonate & alcohol in capsule form that upon crushing becomes mixed and acts like that of an ammonia inhalant that is typically used when someone loses consciousness (faints) in order to wake them up, EMT & Paramedics carry it, as do lifeguards and they look like this:

The substance literally "wakes" you up..

"1"

We know it was salt, Che and 1, but the conspiracy stuff is funnier. Robert Garcia and crew in Oxnard aren't that far out in left field.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2013, 08:26:32 AM »
We know it was salt, Che and 1, but the conspiracy stuff is funnier. Robert Garcia and crew in Oxnard aren't that far out in left field.

Do you have a link to the fight?

I was sick as shit last night and was unable to catch it.

"1"

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2013, 08:27:30 AM »
Maidana Tribute

Gabriela, 44 and counting  :P

I know she's a dike, che.  ::)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2013, 08:51:11 AM »

"1"

Some highlights here

How are you feeling today bro?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2013, 08:55:14 AM »

"1"

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2013, 09:02:05 AM »
Some highlights here

I hope he figures out during his layoff why FMW don't mess with hookers/strippers and drink grape drank with rappers.  Keep on top of your trade/craft. 

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2013, 09:17:24 AM »
I hope he figures out during his layoff why FMW don't mess with hookers/strippers and drink grape drank with rappers.  Keep on top of your trade/craft. 
I agree ,he's still young ,he's talented and he can take a punch  but  at this level you have to stop  clowning  around and  you have to dedicate yourself 100% to boxing .

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »
I agree ,he's still young ,he's talented and he can take a punch  but  at this level you have to stop  clowning  around and  you have to dedicate yourself 100% to boxing .

Do you think he can survive at 147?  I think he needs to fight 140-142 for 2-3 yrs and grow into the division.  It was a quick move to cash in on PPV potential.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2013, 09:27:05 AM »
Do you think he can survive at 147?  I think he needs to fight 140-142 for 2-3 yrs and grow into the division.  It was a quick move to cash in on PPV potential.
Yeah he can , but he's going to have to change his ways.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
Yeah he can , but he's going to have to change his ways.

I'd like to see what 1 has to say after watching the fight, think he's too flat-footed with a wide stance, so he needs power to stay with elite 147s.  And I don't see him switching to a twinkle toe style (hector camacho) but anything can happen.   he's more berto than mayweather.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2013, 09:53:32 AM »
Some highlights here

Thanks for the highlights! Hoy, me siento mejor. Aun estoy batallando con un pequeño catarro, que no me ha dejado dormir muy bien. Pero eso no importa, porque a berracos como tu y yo, un catarro no nos vence.

Full Fight

Thank you!

"1"

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2013, 10:05:51 AM »
I'd like to see what 1 has to say after watching the fight, think he's too flat-footed with a wide stance, so he needs power to stay with elite 147s.  And I don't see him switching to a twinkle toe style (hector camacho) but anything can happen.   he's more berto than mayweather.

He's not flat-footed , he was trying   to imitate Mayweather and obviously it didn't work  ,  he doesn't have Floyd's hand speed ,timing and reflexes to imitate him ,he needs to change that .

Last night  he made some amateur mistakes like in the 1st knock down

Never drop your hand to protect the body

This is how you protect yourself from a body shot

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2013, 10:07:26 AM »
Thanks for the highlights! Hoy, me siento mejor. Aun estoy batallando con un pequeño catarro, que no me ha dejado dormir muy bien. Pero eso no importa, porque a berracos como tu y yo, un catarro no nos vence.

Thank you!

"1"

I hope you get better soon .

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2013, 10:15:10 AM »
He's not flat-footed , he was trying   to imitate Mayweather and obviously it didn't work  ,  he doesn't have Floyd's hand speed ,timing and reflexes to imitate him ,he needs to change that .

Last night  he made some amateur mistakes like in the 1st knock down

Never drop your hand to protect the body

This is how you protect yourself from a body shot

You do remember Clotty never returned any punches.  We can debate on this all day, but most boxing people think he isn't a 147 fighter.  I guess time will tell.

Boxer says he's too small for 147.  Taco eater says Maidana has the learning curve of a teenager.  ;D

People, please don't buy into FMW vs Maidana.

whitewidow

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »
I don't mind broner. I know he runs his mouth to get publicity and it did work for him. I can't believe he already was able to fight on pay-per-view. Adrien has not beat anybody that great. The biggest fight he won on HBO was the demarco fight(big deal),then he beat gavin Rees all 5ft 3In of the guy. he the hell is even gavin Rees? he was just a easy stepping stone fighter they lined up for broner, vegas gave that fight 80-1 that Rees would win that fight. Broner in all his interviews was so sure he was going to be a new Floyd mayweather and retire unbeaten.

It seems broner would get dropped from being a pay-per-view attraction. I mean maidana made broner look really bad and like G-thang said maidana is a bottom of the list 147lb fighter, Why broner jumped up from 135lb's to 147 lbs was a huge mistake,Even Roy Jones Jr. said it was a huge mistake and that adrien was so young he did not need to jump weights classes at all for awhile. Roy jones jr. thought broner should of stayed at 135lbs for at least another 4-5 fights then jump to 140lbs. Broners ego got to him and the idea of making more money got to his head but in all honesty broner still could of made good money fighting at 135 lbs-140lbs. Broner fucked up and jumped 2 classes when he was not ready to even jump to 140lb class at the time.

If Broner would of did what Roy jones jr told him to do and what G-thang and most of us thought he should do he would still be undeafeted. broner def needed way more fights before he jumped into the 147lb class. I am sure most of you guys heard the story about how earl spencer Jr. knocked down adrien in a sparring session nobody will confirm it they just say Adrien got clocked really hard and mayweather threw ear spencer jr. out of camp because he rocked floyd real bad in a sparring session and gave him a bad black eye,what a baby Mayweather is! just because mayweather decided to spar with earl spencer jr. and spencer rocked him with a real hard shot mayweather flips out and wanted to send the kid home. Floyd did change his mind and let him stay and finish training camp but sparring is suppose to make you stronger and what a baby adrien and floyd are, they get rocked by the kid and mayweather gets emabarrased and flips out on the kid. I guess broner and mayweather want weak sparring partners they can beat up easy and make them look awful.

Broner is going to end up broke! Broner spends way to much money probably pays to rap on tour, yes that is right instead of getting paid to rap he probably pays to let those rappers let adrien rap with them and open up for them with his shitty band camp. Broner just pisses cash away! Another loss or another few losses it is pretty much done for broner and the only way to earn back some respect is to fight a hard opponent, so this was a very hard loss for broner no more just cruising around fighting washed up guys at 147lbs and beaten up mexicans, broners next fight has to mean something. I have no idea how broner managed to get on pay-per-view as the main attraction. broner has not beat anybody that has a name in the sport.

Broner might have more luck being a rap entertainer then a fighter. Adrien is perfect on-stage rapping. broner likes to flash alot of gold and drive expensive cars he leases hopefully. broner probably owns in his name a 82 Honda accord. che and G-thang are def right Adrien skipped over alot of great fighters at 140 or meeting them at a catch weight. canelo would be a good opponent for Broner. Broner now needs to beat a stepping stone  fighter or finding somebody with no (boxing muscle memory.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2013, 10:35:01 AM »
. I can't believe he already was able to fight on pay-per-view.

Stopped reading there  ::)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »
Stopped reading there  ::)

Don't worry about the PPV, know he isn't a 147 fighter.  He can't get respect from two "B" fighters in the division. I know speed equals power but he is more pop than the power at the end of Sergio's speed.  If you were his trainer, you are telling me you wouldn't drop him to 140 or a catch weight and fix him vs putting him in with another hard punching "B" 147 because you damn sure can't match him with one of the top guys now.  In your eyes I guess Thurman would be a good next fight for him.  

I guess you could re-tune him with Judah if the Paulie Judah shows up vs the Danny one. 

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2013, 11:14:56 AM »
choice is an illusion

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2013, 11:19:07 AM »

I think that Broner served as good target practice for Maidana.

I saw some of the worst footwork ever displayed by a professional athlete in Broner, but that goes hand-in-hand with the fact that Broner was trying to desperately emulate FMW (everything to even the damn shoulder roll) and he is no FMW. He had no answers for Maidana during the first 5 rounds and only during the 6th round did he start showing signs of life and by signs of life, I mean actually making stupid sound effects as he delivered a few jabs.

By way of points alone, I'd say Broner edged out rounds 6 & 7.

I think Broner clearly milked the head butt in extravagant, Hollywood fashion during the 8th round just to get a point to negate that knockdown delivered by Maidana, which shows how fucking desperate Broner was throughout the fight.  

During the 9th, Broner was getting destroyed in every which way. 10th round was just Maidana adding those points up, while Broner tried his best to answer for Maidana's jabs.

In the 11th round, Maidana made Broner look like a new prison inmate getting initiated to the yard by way of anal stimulation, followed by a fucking beating that made Broner realize he was fucking with the wrong man. Broner even stooped so low as to both punch Maidana while he was in between the ropes and also after the bell. He was running out of options fast at that point, heck not even by that point, but by the start of the fight if you ask me. Yet, after that illegal strike after the bell, the ref didn't even see the need to take a point away? (Ref was clearly on Broner's corner, never did he take any points from Broner and instead drowned him with "warnings")

I had Broner edging out the 12th round (barely). At that point, the kid knew he was done and was trying for anything.

Round-by-Round, the way I saw it...

Maidana took rounds 1-5, 8-11

Broner took rounds 6-7 & 12

Can Broner stay in welterweight? Yes, but he needs to grow into it and needs to stop trying to be a showboat. Guys in the division will kill him over and over again if he keeps fucking around.

What I think he should do is maybe aim for the junior welterweight division. I think he "might" find more success there.

"1"

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2013, 11:36:10 AM »

What I think he should do is maybe aim for the junior welterweight division. I think he "might" find more success there.

"1"

140 has monsters.  if he can unify in that division in 2-3 yrs and add 7 solidly along with improving footwork, then i'd ok him moving back to 147.

danny garcia
lamont peterson
Provodnikov
Lucas Matthysse
Khan
Mike Alvarado

nothing PPV but he'd have his hands full going 50.50 with this group the way he is fighting.   

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2013, 11:47:55 AM »
He's still talking shit ;D

Later, after he was examined by a physician, Broner was interviewed by
Showtime’s Barry Tompkins.

“I’m still young, fly and flashy, and still in the game of boxing,”
Broner said.

“I’m not here to make any excuses. I’m in a dangerous sport,” he said.
“We’re not going to sit in sorrow. We’re going to live tomorrow like we
won the fight. So if anybody wants to come out and be with the
three-time world champion — because I can still go on and say I was
three-time world champion. I still am a three-time world champion in
three different weight classes. I can still live on and say that. I can
still party. I can still have fun. My first party is going to be on
Tuesday in Cincinnati.

“All I can do is go back to the drawing board, and come back and fight
my ass off,” Broner said. “He fought a hell of a fight. I fought a hell
of a fight. He was the better man tonight. I’ll fight him my next fight,
but right now, we’re going to live like we won the fight. If you want me
in your club. I will be in your club.”

He repeatedly plugged a phone number at which people could reach him if
they wanted to pay him to be in their club.

“We still going to have fun, like we won the fight,” Broner said.

He was then asked if he was going to remain at welterweight, rather than
drop back down to lighter weight classes.

“Listen, you know where I’m going to stay,” Broner said. “I’m going to
stay in your club if you call me.”

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2013, 11:50:05 AM »

Hahahahahaha....that guy is crazy.

"1"

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2013, 11:53:05 AM »
Hahahahahaha....that guy is crazy.

"1"
;D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2013, 11:53:08 AM »
He's still talking shit ;D

Later, after he was examined by a physician, Broner was interviewed by
Showtime’s Barry Tompkins.

“I’m still young, fly and flashy, and still in the game of boxing,”
Broner said.

“I’m not here to make any excuses. I’m in a dangerous sport,” he said.
“We’re not going to sit in sorrow. We’re going to live tomorrow like we
won the fight. So if anybody wants to come out and be with the
three-time world champion — because I can still go on and say I was
three-time world champion. I still am a three-time world champion in
three different weight classes. I can still live on and say that. I can
still party. I can still have fun. My first party is going to be on
Tuesday in Cincinnati.

“All I can do is go back to the drawing board, and come back and fight
my ass off,” Broner said. “He fought a hell of a fight. I fought a hell
of a fight. He was the better man tonight. I’ll fight him my next fight,
but right now, we’re going to live like we won the fight. If you want me
in your club. I will be in your club.”

He repeatedly plugged a phone number at which people could reach him if
they wanted to pay him to be in their club.

“We still going to have fun, like we won the fight,” Broner said.

He was then asked if he was going to remain at welterweight, rather than
drop back down to lighter weight classes.

He could be a bigger bonehead than Edison Maranda.