Author Topic: where is Mike Arvilla's $300  (Read 8038 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
where is Mike Arvilla's $300
« on: October 20, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »
Note:  From another forum

So Mike Arvilla entered a Florida BB show and paid $300 in fees for the privilege of stepping on stage in one of Jay Cutler's old posing trunks (for LUCK, really!) and then Mike had to pull out of the show.

Now for us Millionaires, $300 is like dropping a penny on the ground, but for the other 99% $300 is a lot of dough.

Instead of making a big public deal about it, Mike -- who is taking care of his sick mother and could really use the money to spend on groceries, rent, etc. -- asks the show promoter if he can get a refund or credit or anything to ensure that his exorbitant entry fee doesn't go to waste.

Crickets.

Now let's take an objective look at this. Mike was ONE competitor out of more than 100. His entry fee wasn't used to purchase additional security or cause the promoter to undertake additional expense in any way. And in fact, Mike's withdrawal from the show SAVED the promoter time (these events run way too long anyway) and labor (saving the sound guy from playing yet another 1988 Def Leppard Hysteria track).

But Mike's reasonable request for a refund of some or all of his $300 fell on deaf ears.

Why couldn't they give him his money back? Mike asked.

And here's my answer: Because these are BODYBUILDERS we are dealing with. You put $300 in a Bodybuilder's pocket and now you honestly expect him to just GIVE IT BACK?? Bodybuilders NEVER take money from their pockets unless they're getting something in return. Of course the RIGHT THING to do is to give Mike a partial refund or credit towards future entry fees, but when has ANYONE in the bodybuilding industry EVER done ANYTHING that's right?

Bottom Line: The local promoter and Florida NPC Chairman Peter Potter told Mike to fuck off. Why? Simply because they CAN. That's how they treat a loyal 10-year NPC member (who's never received a copy of NPC News BTW) who has pumped more than $2000 in entry fees into their coffers over the years.

Ed's Take: C'mon Peter Potter and nameless local promoter, give Mike his $300 back. You spent nothing on Mike and he really needs the money. Stop thinking like a bodybuilder: Because sometimes NOT BEING A BODYBUILDER MEANS DOING THE RIGHT THING.
E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: where is Mike Arvilla's $300
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
Mike Arvilla is a good dude.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »
Mike is the best.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »
Mike R O C Ks in the U S A!

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:57:44 AM »
In a legal (and real-life) sense...Arvilla has no legs to stand on.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »
In a legal (and real-life) sense...Arvilla has no legs to stand on.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

lolz

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »
I know how mike can make his money back

He can sell his clothes at a premium on eBay to guys who want dress like a douchebag from the 90's for Halloween

the trainer

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »
Mike needs to do this getbigger style, punch the promoter in the face put him in a choke hold take his wallet out of his pocket take out $300 spit in his face and walk off.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
Consider yourself on notice, "Peter Potter."  Do the right thing or you'll be begging Mike to take the money by the time we're done.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 11:06:06 AM »
No refund means that Mike can now say in future contests that the organization is giving him bad placings because he made a stink about the $300 online. The typical "they place me last because they're out to get me excuse".  He probably got some advice about how to make excuses from Lee Priest.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 11:09:07 AM »
"I lose more than that running for the bus".

The movie "Snatch" really is one of life's small pleasures.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
probably just a misunderstanding, and since Chick is a powerful player in the industry, probably a simple phone call by him could rectify the situation.  

Power

• Getbig III
  • Move along
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »
Name the promoter and post the contact information.  Perhaps we can help Mike by expressing our displeasure directly.        :)

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
Mike is good people!  >:(

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 12:30:46 PM »
Sometimes you get refunds, sometimes you don't.....should always make sure what the expectation is before you hand over the dough.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »
probably just a misunderstanding, and since Chick is a powerful player in the industry, probably a simple phone call by him could rectify the situation.  

I know nothing of this situation, other than this posting...

That said...

If one was truly taking care of a sick family member, and financially strapped....wouldnt the smart thing have been to have NOT spent the money preparing for a contest in the first place?

Especially since whether or not he won, placed in the top 5, or dead last...would have all had a return of ZERO dollars...

I'm not believing this story for a minute...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »

That said...

If one was truly taking care of a sick family member, and financially strapped....wouldnt the smart thing have been to have NOT spent the money preparing for a contest in the first place?

Especially since whether or not he won, placed in the top 5, or dead last...would have all had a return of ZERO dollars...

Its only fake if you want it to be

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
Mike thanks you all for the support

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 01:23:21 PM »

That said...

good post. And I wonder how much mighty Mike spend on "supplements" getting ready

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 01:36:11 PM »

That said...

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 01:39:58 PM »
Note:  From another forum

You cheat on us with other forums..?   >:( >:(

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »

That said...

interesting that the "athletes' rep's" gut instinct is to side against the lowly competitor.  :-\

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
mickey has never been known for being the sharpest tool in the box. Do we really need to exhume  what happened between him and his woman here, how he was exposed as an unemployed immature childless loser etc. Do we really need him to come back on here and post again?

No we dont.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »
interesting that the "athletes' rep's" gut instinct is to side against the lowly competitor.  :-\

He is right.

lesaucer

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 04:27:05 PM »
they didnt give him his money because he has a tiny wang