Author Topic: precontest fine tunning  (Read 3097 times)

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
precontest fine tunning
« on: February 25, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »
Say i was to cycle into a contest with tre ace, test prop, mast and some winstrol...
when should i drop the injectables?
which injectable would you keep in contest weekend?
would you add any oral while dropping the injectables; say anadrol, halo...

getting shredded is not a problem, then ofcourse my goal is to come in looking full without spilling over.
Boundary Breaker

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: precontest fine tunning
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »
no experienced competitors to gimme a hand?   :-\
Boundary Breaker

Morsprincipium

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »
Drop test 10-14 days out.  Halotestin should be in for weeks prior to the contest, up dose coming up to comp.  Once you start dropping water pile down the adrol, and I mean 200mg+ a day.  Contest day pop a good amount before going onstage.  Start duretics a few days out (if any).  

Keep tren in, mast

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »
Drop test 10-14 days out.  Halotestin should be in for weeks prior to the contest, up dose coming up to comp.  Once you start dropping water pile down the adrol, and I mean 200mg+ a day.  Contest day pop a good amount before going onstage.  Start duretics a few days out (if any). 

Keep tren in

what about gh, same as the test?

Morsprincipium

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »
what about gh, same as the test?

Yes, if you're running GH precontest 10 days out is enough to get the water retention out.  You should play with it a bit though and test it out before the comp, some hold more or less water and have a harder/easier time dropping it than others.

Also to the OP, are you going to add in any AI's to keep water retention down? 

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »
Yes, if you're running GH precontest 10 days out is enough to get the water retention out.  You should play with it a bit though and test it out before the comp, some hold more or less water and have a harder/easier time dropping it than others.

Also to the OP, are you going to add in any AI's to keep water retention down? 

i wasn't planning but i have plenty of arimidex and nolva here. how much?
Boundary Breaker

THECHEMIST

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
take out t3 about 2 days before carbing up or you will have problems filling out

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »
Say i was to cycle into a contest with tre ace, test prop, mast and some winstrol...
when should i drop the injectables?
which injectable would you keep in contest weekend?
would you add any oral while dropping the injectables; say anadrol, halo...

getting shredded is not a problem, then ofcourse my goal is to come in looking full without spilling over.

There's really no cut and dry one size fits all answer to this question...not without seeing what you look like and how you're responding to various things.

That said, I can't imagine why you'd need to drop the Tren....that can normally be used up to the day of the show...most guys will even increase the Tren dose the last 7-14 days. Same thing with Winny.

As for Test, this can be a little harder to predict. Sometimes the dose needs to be decreased....sometimes it needs to be dropped a few wks before the show, but I know plenty of guys who run test all the way up to show time. Again, it can depend on the guy, but pulling test too soon can actually make you look flatter in many cases.

If you were to add Anadrol, I'd add it 2-3wks before the show....it shouldn't take too much to make a big difference. Halotestin, 2-4wks before the show.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »
Lots of solid advice in this thread. But it all depends on your condition coming in and how you look starting as far as 4-6 weeks out. Different drugs needed of you're very lean early vs. playing catch up.

Voland, who were you before "Voland"?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:04:05 PM »
Lots of solid advice in this thread. But it all depends on your condition coming in and how you look starting as far as 4-6 weeks out. Different drugs needed of you're very lean early vs. playing catch up.

Agreed. This kind of stuff can be so hard to predict and advise on through a message board. I mean I've had guys over the years that'll pull test as far as 3-4wks out, and then guys who'll run as much as 200mg of Propionate all the way up to the show. Even so, there are some things like I said above that shouldn't ever have to be pulled....like Tren.

The biggest thing, if you're on schedule, if you're looking the way you should.....don't change anything. So many guys get close to a show looking fantastic, and then they'll change everything up in hopes of this slight edge and most of the time it doesn't work. There is an exception to this rule though...if you've done several shows, you have a pretty good grasp on your reactions to everything...hormones, food, water, etc. this can change things. If you've got someone you're working with whose worked with you before this can also be a big help. And I know some people on here knock working with someone for contest prep, and that's fine, but most people cannot see themselves truly....nine times out of ten people will see themselves better or worse than they really are.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 04:48:29 AM »
There's really no cut and dry one size fits all answer to this question...not without seeing what you look like and how you're responding to various things.

That said, I can't imagine why you'd need to drop the Tren....that can normally be used up to the day of the show...most guys will even increase the Tren dose the last 7-14 days. Same thing with Winny.

As for Test, this can be a little harder to predict. Sometimes the dose needs to be decreased....sometimes it needs to be dropped a few wks before the show, but I know plenty of guys who run test all the way up to show time. Again, it can depend on the guy, but pulling test too soon can actually make you look flatter in many cases.

If you were to add Anadrol, I'd add it 2-3wks before the show....it shouldn't take too much to make a big difference. Halotestin, 2-4wks before the show.
Good advice.........just about spot on.

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 05:15:22 AM »
I've got a question about the drol.  If starting at three weeks out(that's what I plan to do), do you start low and ramp it up as you get closer, or do you just mega bomb it all the way up?
I had been planning to just run 150mg per day for the last three weeks.

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 09:41:35 AM »

I've been voland since i first joined a bodybuilding forum.
Boundary Breaker