Author Topic: Thanksgiving - Who's bringing their bb food in tupperware to family dinner  (Read 58188 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Who's bringing their bb food in tupperware to family Thanksgiving?
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
I will not bring pre-cooked food in tupperware.

My only concern is this....every year thanksgiving dinner is supposed to be at 4pm....but it always turns into 5:30 pm....and I starve

So Im bringing steaks to grill outside this time. I will cook 6oz of whole wheat pasta in the microwave too. (I'll do this around 3pm or so). This way I dont starve while I watch football and wait for dinner

For thanksgiving dinner I'll have an abundance of turkey with lots of sweet potatoes and carrots

Then I'll watch more football.

Around 7 or so I'll get another large plate of turkey and a sweet potato

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 12:47:25 PM »
That looks like a very balanced dinner.......but wheres the 3 gallons of water to wash it down?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2008, 12:59:03 PM »
somehow i doubt he is.

When can I see a pic of your 'mightiness'? 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »
I will not bring pre-cooked food in tupperware.

My only concern is this....every year thanksgiving dinner is supposed to be at 4pm....but it always turns into 5:30 pm....and I starve

So Im bringing steaks to grill outside this time. I will cook 6oz of whole wheat pasta in the microwave too. (I'll do this around 3pm or so). This way I dont starve while I watch football and wait for dinner

For thanksgiving dinner I'll have an abundance of turkey with lots of sweet potatoes and carrots

Then I'll watch more football.

Around 7 or so I'll get another large plate of turkey and a sweet potato

Careful with the insulin spike that will occur with such an anabolic combination of carrots and sweet potato.  If I were you I would consider spreading it out over 2 - 3 meals.  This will help alleviate any chance of spill over.  Also, time your water intake (preferably distilled) with the meals.  Sip water...only as needed.  Remember to keep your abs tight at all times.   

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2008, 01:05:20 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! This thread is funny as fuck - I'm laughing so much I can't contribute to it properly.  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »
Careful with the insulin spike that will occur with such an anabolic combination of carrots and sweet potato.  If I were you I would consider spreading it out over 2 - 3 meals.  This will help alleviate any chance of spill over.  Also, time your water intake (preferably distilled) with the meals.  Sip water...only as needed.  Remember to keep your abs tight at all times.    
LOL. Excellent!  ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 01:08:39 PM »

when should I apply my pro tan?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »

Please tell me that's calorie-free sweetner sprinkled on sugar free raspberry jelly mixed with Waxy maize and Leucine-fortified Ion exchange whey protein

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »

Royalty, though there is some debate I would suggest installing a curtain the living room.  You can have your aunt, niece, etc... be "part of the show" by applying the tan and any touch up you might need before you go out and "give it 100%".  Installing some proper lighting is important, you don't want to look washed out in your own living room!  Be sure you hire a dj to do a proper mix of your posing music to cue up just as grandma is serving hour douves.  Enjoy!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2008, 01:13:15 PM »

mass04 may have a better idea than I do on this one as he really seems uber hardcore.....but I would start tomorrow night.  Maybe 1 - 2 coats....then utilizing the same conversion as you do with the turkey, I would apply one coat per 100lbs of bodyweight every hour.  BE SURE to pose in between applications.

This year I am planning on using some ammonia sticks before my 3rd and 4th helpings as well.  Was reading a truly hardcore article and this one guy who's friend could have been Mr. Olympia used it prior eating EIGHT full plates of food.  Wise advice if you ask me.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2008, 01:14:23 PM »
Please tell me that's calorie-free sweetner sprinkled on sugar free raspberry jelly mixed with Waxy maize and Leucine-fortified Ion exchange whey protein

You know it!  I do add a sprinkle of cinnamon and just a touch of Dutch Gold Honey, since I will be doing cardio later in the day.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2008, 01:14:58 PM »
Royalty, though there is some debate I would suggest installing a curtain the living room.  You can have your aunt, niece, etc... be "part of the show" by applying the tan and any touch up you might need before you go out and "give it 100%".  Installing some proper lighting is important, you don't want to look washed out in your own living room!  Be sure you hire a dj to do a proper mix of your posing music to cue up just as grandma is serving hour douves.  Enjoy!

You hit it on the head....the lighting IS important.  Imagine all this time you have prepped for the big day...only to have someone screw it up with poor lighting.  Has happened to me many times.  Here's a question for the ages....when (in the meal) do you hit the most muscular pose?

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2008, 01:15:25 PM »
Be honest......How many of you studs are wearing sleeves this turkey day?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »
You hit it on the head....the lighting IS important.  Imagine all this time you have prepped for the big day...only to have someone screw it up with poor lighting.  Has happened to me many times.  Here's a question for the ages....when (in the meal) do you hit the most muscular pose?

I think right after saying grace.  It kinda sets the tone for the whole meal.  Are you a proponent of having a pre-judging in the morning (only for the local NPC judge you invited over) and then having the nightshow in the afternoon just before the meal?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »
I do add a sprinkle of cinnamon and just a touch of Dutch Gold Honey

Wow! In that case I'd up my cardio to three 45 minute sessions a day, supplement with 28 gm of fish oil post-workout and avoid brushing my teeth for 12 days. Can't be too careful.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »
Be honest......How many of you studs are wearing sleeves this turkey day?

I'm wearing a parka.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2008, 01:20:38 PM »

Thanks guys. Im going to peak this year. I cut my sodium on Sunday. No mistakes this time.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2008, 01:23:39 PM »

Thanks guys. Im going to peak this year. I cut my sodium on Sunday. No mistakes this time.

Just don't oversleep like Vince did.  It cost him the Excalibur one year.  My advice is 2 alarms clocks and have a friend phone.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2008, 01:26:32 PM »
Wow! In that case I'd up my cardio to three 45 minute sessions a day, supplement with 28 gm of fish oil post-workout and avoid brushing my teeth for 12 days. Can't be too careful.

Would it be ok to replace the fish oil with flaxseed?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2008, 01:26:44 PM »
I think right after saying grace.  It kinda sets the tone for the whole meal.  Are you a proponent of having a pre-judging in the morning (only for the local NPC judge you invited over) and then having the nightshow in the afternoon just before the meal?

Ok..one step further....do you punctuate the 'amen' with the crab or do you wait till after?  Well, being that judging never starts on time (which amazingly enough dinner never starts on time) we could probably go with prejudging in the morning after our first cardio session.  Then have our meal, go back to our room...reflect on how prejudging went....come back....down some pie and do the night show.

Royalty....I am doing the same.  I am depleting my carbs through thursday morning.  Here's a tip I learned from an old pro....after my cardio on thursday I will do a light pump workout followed by (wait for it).......some NO Explode.  You see with depleting carbs....then a depletion workout....my muscles will be HUNGRY for glycogen.  Then the NO product will increase my vascularity allowing me to fill out without spilling over.  I will allow myself about .65oz (NO MORE THAN THAT) of red wine before hand to FURTHER increase vascularity.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2008, 01:27:54 PM »
Would it be ok to replace the fish oil with flaxseed?

Not if you havent used it during the prep.  Keep it to foods you know.  Could throw you off completly.  If you are using some MuscleTech Anator p-70 you MAY be able to get away with it.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »
Just don't oversleep like Vince did.  It cost him the Excalibur one year.  My advice is 2 alarms clocks and have a friend phone.
LOL. That's my favourite Vince story. Like some Stepin Fetchit character.   ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2008, 01:40:16 PM »
I will do a light pump workout followed by (wait for it).......some NO Explode.  You see with depleting carbs....then a depletion workout....my muscles will be HUNGRY for glycogen.  Then the NO product will increase my vascularity allowing me to fill out without spilling over.  I will allow myself about .65oz (NO MORE THAN THAT) of red wine before hand to FURTHER increase vascularity.

Sound risky. Im going to "test" your NO explode theory before I drive to church tonight (good lighting there). If I show any signs of losing my thin skin appearance, my guru (who hasnt left my side in days) will let me know. Hopefully I will have time to correct the "situation" before Thursday.

PS- (MY GURU HAS JUST READ MY RESPONSE TO YOUR POST AND HE STORMED OUT OF THE ROOM. HE ISNT SPEAKING)