Author Topic: This is just ridiculous….  (Read 765 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
This is just ridiculous….
« on: April 27, 2024, 10:27:13 PM »
i=qyKBlaNM5DyGs9A-

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
Re: This is just ridiculous….
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 01:42:25 AM »
Back to the range for these knob-dickers.. ::)

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 03:29:33 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 08:46:56 AM »
Hilarious.

Barney Fife made do with one bullet.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 08:52:58 AM »
Sad to say so many police departments aren't a real profession in so many locations and that is illustrated by their pay. In NJ  many cops with no rank are making a base of 150K and many are making 50K in overtime. Then you go to some little departments across the nation and the guys are making 50K that includes their overtime. Think they are professionally trained and they are getting the best personnel? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 09:16:32 AM »
All departments go through their initial training for 3-6 months then (depending on the PD) their one year probation period. After that, they only have to qualify every 6-12 months and usually don’t even pick up their firearms unless to clean it in between that time. Sad. Problem is after that most just don’t train. They’ll work their shift, go home and that’s it.

Then when it’s time to use their firearms or get put into a gunfight situation, they panic and either get themselves killed or injured or put some of their own in harms way. I watch video every day of cops that get into gun fights or have to pull their weapons only to flag their own partners. Looking at this video it’s not a wonder why a cops hit rate is about 30% from 7-10 yards and even less when shooting and moving. It’s not that they weren’t trained, it’s lack of ongoing training

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 09:52:31 AM »
All departments go through their initial training for 3-6 months then (depending on the PD) their one year probation period. After that, they only have to qualify every 6-12 months and usually don’t even pick up their firearms unless to clean it in between that time. Sad. Problem is after that most just don’t train. They’ll work their shift, go home and that’s it.

Then when it’s time to use their firearms or get put into a gunfight situation, they panic and either get themselves killed or injured or put some of their own in harms way. I watch video every day of cops that get into gun fights or have to pull their weapons only to flag their own partners. Looking at this video it’s not a wonder why a cops hit rate is about 30% from 7-10 yards and even less when shooting and moving. It’s not that they weren’t trained, it’s lack of ongoing training

Paper shooting and metal plate shooting that are stationary targets are a different scenario from a life or death scenario. Many times the target is moving. You could be moving. Shooting at the range is a lot different from the stress of taking someone's life and the legal consequences behind it when the bad guy has the capability of taking your life too.

Some of my training involved running prior and sometimes even wrestling prior. Think your shooting will be accurate after that?  Nice to have a stationary paper or metal targets as you put your electronic dot on the target. Congrats, you hit your target.  In real stress they found many shooters never aligned their sights keeping their eyes on the threat. That is a real mistake but that's reality sometimes when you're in a real fight. 

Many top shelf police department train with simunition dye bullets. They put you in something like a  school or a mall with a real gun with dye projectiles. You don't know who the bad guy or guys are with all the chaos of the actors. Many have run toward the gun fire to find out in a pause of shooting the "bad" guy ran past them with the victims to get shot in the back. 

Another great training tool is shoot don't shoot police video type training game. I guarantee you will not be 100% correct in your seconds decisions to shoot.

It's easy to come to assumptions how great you would do under stress.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 10:51:54 AM »
These cops are lucky they missed.  No lawsuit.

Probably was no need to even shoot their guns anyway.

I doubt Andy Taylor would have shot.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2024, 11:44:54 AM »
Paper shooting and metal plate shooting that are stationary targets are a different scenario from a life or death scenario. Many times the target is moving. You could be moving. Shooting at the range is a lot different from the stress of taking someone's life and the legal consequences behind it when the bad guy has the capability of taking your life too.

Some of my training involved running prior and sometimes even wrestling prior. Think your shooting will be accurate after that?  Nice to have a stationary paper or metal targets as you put your electronic dot on the target. Congrats, you hit your target.  In real stress they found many shooters never aligned their sights keeping their eyes on the threat. That is a real mistake but that's reality sometimes when you're in a real fight. 

Many top shelf police department train with simunition dye bullets. They put you in something like a  school or a mall with a real gun with dye projectiles. You don't know who the bad guy or guys are with all the chaos of the actors. Many have run toward the gun fire to find out in a pause of shooting the "bad" guy ran past them with the victims to get shot in the back. 

Another great training tool is shoot don't shoot police video type training game. I guarantee you will not be 100% correct in your seconds decisions to shoot.

It's easy to come to assumptions how great you would do under stress.

Training under stress and fatigue is a must. Even as a civilian we do it. But you the only way to get good at gun fighting is to fight with guns. Force on force, scenario based training with simunitions, CQB, VCQB, should be a must and should be ongoing throughout their careers.

Even with simunitions, need to know what it’s like to get shot and shot at. Keeping with the basics (should be reinforced at every range day regardless of skill) marksmanship, moving and shooting even at a target on the range should be part of the training curriculum at the beginning of every training session. Again, even as a civilian I do force on force and scenario based training 2-4x a month.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2024, 12:49:10 PM »
Another bang up job by our boys in blue  ::)

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2024, 01:13:06 PM »
Training under stress and fatigue is a must. Even as a civilian we do it. But you the only way to get good at gun fighting is to fight with guns. Force on force, scenario based training with simunitions, CQB, VCQB, should be a must and should be ongoing throughout their careers.

Even with simunitions, need to know what it’s like to get shot and shot at. Keeping with the basics (should be reinforced at every range day regardless of skill) marksmanship, moving and shooting even at a target on the range should be part of the training curriculum at the beginning of every training session. Again, even as a civilian I do force on force and scenario based training 2-4x a month.

When is the last time you were in a shootout with guns and bullets whizzing at you, Coach?

Why not move to the Fashion district in L.A. and get some live action?

Forget that running around in a playhouse with fake things popping up.

https://www.roadsnacks.net/worst-los-angeles-neighborhoods/

Where’s the worst neighborhood in Los Angeles? That would be the Fashion District.

There’s only about 2,466 people packed into this little hood, but all of them are broke. The Fashion District is the most dangerous part of LA, too, where you might just get blown away for wearing the wrong hat.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2024, 01:22:13 PM »
When is the last time you were in a shootout with guns and bullets whizzing at you, Coach?

Why not move to the Fashion district in L.A. and get some live action?

Forget that running around in a playhouse with fake things popping up.

https://www.roadsnacks.net/worst-los-angeles-neighborhoods/

Where’s the worst neighborhood in Los Angeles? That would be the Fashion District.

There’s only about 2,466 people packed into this little hood, but all of them are broke. The Fashion District is the most dangerous part of LA, too, where you might just get blown away for wearing the wrong hat.

So are you saying cops or civilians shouldn’t train? I’m confused here. Btw, I’m in that district about once a month

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2024, 01:27:09 PM »
So are you saying cops or civilians shouldn’t train? I’m confused here. Btw, I’m in that district about once a month

I'm pulling your leg.

However, I think you are a little over the top with the guns, running around in playhouses and shooting 500 rounds a month.

Just carry a snub nosed .38 with a shrouded hammer in your pocket.

If you get attacked stick it in their stomach and pull the trigger.

No need to practice a lot.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2024, 01:57:13 PM »
I'm pulling your leg.

However, I think you are a little over the top with the guns, running around in playhouses and shooting 500 rounds a month.

I’m sure you’ve been to an indoor range. Have you ever looked up at the ceiling or the side of the walls? A lot of those people carry and/or have CCW’s. While it’s their right, it’s scary at the same time.

500+ a day

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2024, 02:59:08 PM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2024, 03:08:08 PM »
i=qyKBlaNM5DyGs9A-

&t=10s   

F

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2024, 05:18:35 PM »
I'm pulling your leg.

Gotta bump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2024, 05:20:09 PM »
Gotta bump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers.

Coach has a callus on his trigger finger shooting 500+ a day.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2024, 05:44:17 PM »
Coach has a callus on his trigger finger shooting 500+ a day.

I have two trigger fingers. Left handed with pistol, right side with rifle

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2024, 06:11:52 PM »
I have two trigger fingers. Left handed with pistol, right side with rifle

What is your dominant eye?

Are you amb-eye-dexterous?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2024, 06:30:50 PM »
What is your dominant eye?

Are you amb-eye-dexterous?

Pistol draw with my left, right eye dominant. So Im cross dominant.