Author Topic: scoliosis  (Read 7766 times)

momo200

• Getbig II
scoliosis
« on: January 06, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »
Hello people hello friends , got  a small  scoliosis on the upper and mid back zone , the doc gave me a massage sessions , is it ok to do weight training  after finishing the massage ?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: scoliosis
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 05:22:04 PM »
Hello people hello friends , got  a small  scoliosis on the upper and mid back zone , the doc gave me a massage sessions , is it ok to do weight training  after finishing the massage ?
i would say no
w

Bigmacdaddy18

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 03:44:45 PM »

Massage sessions for spine movement? Really....

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 06:31:52 AM »
Scoliosis happens also from assymetrical muscle tension, so massage has its place, but shouldn't be the only form of therapy.

Bigmacdaddy18

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 09:08:12 AM »
Each patient is different. My daughter was diagnosed with a 19 degree curve in the middle of the back at age 11. I suggested massage therapy and while it helps for muscle aches, does little for skeletal movement. The curve will continue to run it's path until puberty sets in, for females at least. I am not a doctor but became very welled schooled on it. She wore a brace 18 hours a days for 6 years. The curve ended at 9 degrees and is barely noticeable. No should drop.

Good Luck,