Author Topic: F**k yes...it’s official (Larry Elder Running for Governor)  (Read 8936 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: F**k yes...it’s official (Larry Elder Running for Governor)
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2021, 01:50:38 PM »
Why would you cheer on voting for continued failure and competing for 50th as in last place in so many categories with my communist failed state of NY?

competing for 50th place in what?

tell me exactly what you're talking about (don't run away)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2021, 08:15:01 PM »
He opposes gun control, the minimum wage — and could be California’s next governor
Libertarian Larry Elder could well ride soaring conservative enthusiasm to become the first Black governor of deeply Democratic California.
By JEREMY B. WHITE and CARLA MARINUCCI
08/17/2021
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/17/ca-recall-election-larry-elder-505735?fbclid=IwAR3t3zhc3JU6w2mDoJN64lc6gTCNtqg-VeOdsWXZO8qrT2l_xubJgaKfyEY

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2021, 09:21:38 PM »
He opposes gun control, the minimum wage — and could be California’s next governor
Libertarian Larry Elder could well ride soaring conservative enthusiasm to become the first Black governor of deeply Democratic California.
08/17/2021
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/17/ca-recall-election-larry-elder-505735?fbclid=IwAR3t3zhc3JU6w2mDoJN64lc6gTCNtqg-VeOdsWXZO8qrT2l_xubJgaKfyEY

I doubt he'll get much of the female vote

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2021, 06:32:27 PM »
I can't tell who was polled (likely voters are what counts). 

48.8% to keep, 47.6% to recall.

Larry Elder leading by 10 percentage points among contenders.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/california-recall-polls/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2021, 08:00:47 PM »
I can't tell who was polled (likely voters are what counts). 

48.8% to keep, 47.6% to recall.

Larry Elder leading by 10 percentage points among contenders.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/california-recall-polls/

This looks like margin of error....NOT GOOD NEWS for Newsom, no matter how you slice it. It's no wonder he's been so testy as of late.

08/17/2021

Of course, Newsom can run on how good he's been. So, it's the usual scare tactics from the left. But, because Elder is a black conservative, he won't get the usual "passes" that libs tend to give minorities.

Newsom is a complete FOOL, when it comes to this one item: He whines about "systematic racism", while encouraging the most LETHAL form of such ever imposed on black people: Fatherless homes.

You think it's mere coincidence that the race of people with the largest out-of-wedlock births, the largest fatherless communities, and the one where nearly 60% of women with multiple kids have those kids with different biological fathers, vote OVERWHELMING DEMOCRAT....Time and time and time again?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2021, 05:43:34 PM »
Panic! lol

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2021, 05:51:11 PM »
Nothing to see here folks.. please move along

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2021, 06:00:00 PM »
Panic! lol

"Black face."  I saw what they did there.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2021, 06:03:39 PM »
Nothing to see here folks.. please move along

Perhaps it's a County issue.  My ballots (Hee, hee) don't have any candidates on the creases, and the one hole in the envelope doesn't align with selection to recall or retain.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2021, 01:56:06 PM »
Panic! lol

That's putting it MILDLY!! They've tried to dredge up all manner of foolishness to stop Elder. So far, it's all crashed and burned.

I saw a clip of Elder and he reminded me of something I didn't even consider, which REALLY HAS THE LIBS SWEATING CRISCO.

Apparently, there's a fear of the impending retirement of good ol' DiFi (Diane Feinstein) from the Senate. If that occurs (or she goes home to be with the Lord), the Great Elderski gets to put an interim GOP senator in her place, if he ends up in the governor's mansion.

That means, BYE-BYE Senate majority for the Dems.

This will be Medusa-grotesque before it's all over. Newson is now resorting to claims that Californians will drop from the coronavirus  like Egypt's firstborn, if Elder becomes governor.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2021, 02:30:12 PM »
That's putting it MILDLY!! They've tried to dredge up all manner of foolishness to stop Elder. So far, it's all crashed and burned.

I saw a clip of Elder and he reminded me of something I didn't even consider, which REALLY HAS THE LIBS SWEATING CRISCO.

Apparently, there's a fear of the impending retirement of good ol' DiFi (Diane Feinstein) from the Senate. If that occurs (or she goes home to be with the Lord), the Great Elderski gets to put an interim GOP senator in her place, if he ends up in the governor's mansion.

This will be Medusa-grotesque before it's all over. Newson is now resorting to claims that Californians will drop from the coronavirus  like Egypt's firstborn, if Elder becomes governor.

Do you think he has a real shot? The polls seem all over the place.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2021, 02:53:49 PM »

They are running commercials in California saying people will die if Elder is elected because he doesn't support mask mandates.   ::)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2021, 06:05:04 PM »

I think he has a shot, but Newsom will spend tens of millions over the next three weeks.  If Biden and Harris visit CA to campaign for Newsom as they have promised, that might tip things more in Larry’s favor.  It would be hilarious if Newsom asks them to cancel their trip.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2021, 06:16:53 PM »
I think he has a shot, but Newsom will spend tens of millions over the next three weeks.  If Biden and Harris visit CA to campaign for Newsom as they have promised, that might tip things more in Larry’s favor.  It would be hilarious if Newsom asks them to cancel their trip.

😂

From the office of the Governor of California:

I want to assure the people of California that President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris will not be campaigning on my behalf.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2021, 06:34:01 PM »
They are running commercials in California saying people will die if Elder is elected because he doesn't support mask mandates.   ::)

Then explain all them dead bodies from last year WHEN THEY DID HAVE MASK MANDATES!!!

What's next, will Newsom be selling lamb's blood and horseradish sauce?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2021, 06:36:34 PM »

Newson's utter desperation tells you more than any poll ever could. Remember that this is a recall. If the voters first decide that Newsom needs to kick rocks, his would-be successor needs a mere plurality of the votes.

From what I 've seen to this point, that man is clearly Larry Elder.

As the late Rush Limbaugh used to say, the left will always tell you whom they fear.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2021, 07:06:50 PM »
Newson's utter desperation tells you more than any poll ever could. Remember that this is a recall. If the voters first decide that Newsom needs to kick rocks, his would-be successor needs a mere plurality of the votes.

As the late Rush Limbaugh used to say, the left will always tell you whom they fear.

Three hit pieces on Elder in the Sunday LA Times, plus a cover story on the legality of the recall.  Just as President Trump was great for MSNBC and CNN's ratings, a Governor Elder would be great for the Times' circulation. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2021, 07:16:13 PM »
Three hit pieces on Elder in the Sunday LA Times, plus a cover story on the legality of the recall.  Just as President Trump was great for MSNBC and CNN's ratings, a Governor Elder would be great for the Times' circulation.

The court has already settled the legality part. First, they tried to claim that Elder's entry into the race was illegal. That got shot to pieces. Now comes this gibberish.

Notice how DIFFICULT it is for these folks to actually say anything JUSTIFYING why Newsom should stay.

Again, that tells you far more than any poll ever could.

Newson is in MAJOR TROUBLE and they know it. And if he gets bounced, the shockwaves could be felt nationwide.

Imagine this: The two most left-winged goofball governors (who this time last year were the belles of the ball about how they handle the coronavirus) could be bounced out on their backsides.

One down (Cuomo); one to go (Newsom)?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2021, 07:21:57 PM »

Meanwhile Florida has 17,235 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida as of last Saturday
and they also lead the nation with number of children hospitalized with Covid

If Elder wins and removes the mast mandates the counties will just ignore him

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2021, 07:38:47 PM »
Meanwhile Florida has 17,235 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida as of last Saturday

Yet, it's YOUR governor whose head inches closer to the chopping block.

Again, you already had the mandates for well over a year. Care to explain those coronavirus cases.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2021, 07:50:19 PM »
Yet, it's YOUR governor whose head inches closer to the chopping block.

Again, you already had the mandates for well over a year. Care to explain those coronavirus cases.

They don't work.  We've had one of the strictest mask mandates in the county for over a year.  Here is what happened today:

As COVID cases skyrocket, city cancels scores of large organized gatherings planned for Oahu
By HNN Staff
Published: Aug. 23, 2021
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/08/23/honolulus-mayor-discuss-covid-restrictions-gatherings-ongoing-surge-cases/

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2021, 08:52:35 PM »

As well they should ignore any governor’s mask rule Re C-19.  The 58 counties in CA should have the autonomy to decide for themselves.  Newsom requiring masks when outdoors in rural places like the Central Valley was idiotic.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2021, 09:08:02 PM »
As well they should ignore any governor’s mask rule Re C-19.  The 58 counties in CA should have the autonomy to decide for themselves.  Newsom requiring masks when outdoors in rural places like the Central Valley was idiotic.

That, and his getting busted repeatedly not following his own rules, is why he could get the axe in two weeks.

They don't work.  We've had one of the strictest mask mandates in the county for over a year.  Here is what happened today:

As COVID cases skyrocket, city cancels scores of large organized gatherings planned for Oahu
By HNN Staff
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/08/23/honolulus-mayor-discuss-covid-restrictions-gatherings-ongoing-surge-cases/

But, but, but....forcing people to wear masks was the be-all-end-all. It's all about mandates.

Yet, the two most lefty governors in two of the bluest states, with their mandate craze, have been (or are inches from being) BOOTED!!!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2021, 04:22:28 AM »

The trend is certainly not looking good for Newsom:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2021, 05:31:30 AM »

By HNN Staff