Author Topic: TESLA's Market Cap Surpasses All Other Auto Companies Combined  (Read 4688 times)

lsr_asr

• Getbig II
Re: TESLA's Market Cap Surpasses All Other Auto Companies Combined
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2021, 06:56:02 AM »
What's QQQ?

Nasdaq 100 largest companies ETF.  Great ETF.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2021, 07:03:21 AM »
I only saw it as brick and mortar and some kinda pump and dump, then I actually looked into it and things got interesting..

They've recruited several ex Amazon for their C-Suite and are transforming into an e-commerce retailer and are taking on Amazon head on. They are using their brick and mortar presence to allow for same day and even 2 hour delivery. Brick and mortar also allows for easy store pick ups and returns of e-commerce items. They offer customers flexibility that just isn't there with Amazon.

They are also moving into Web 3.0 and working on their own NFT market place, and could possibly have first mover advantage there. That's the same kinda world Facebook/Meta are looking to occupy if you're not sure of the potential there.

I've made some really nice money with gamestop and I'm confident I will continue to do so.

I was  referring to reddit driving the stock price up. Gamestop, Tesla, whatever may be fantastic investments but just as you ve shared your thoughts it's all speculation. Many have gotten rich off of Gamestop and Tesla stock and many still can but that doesn't mean they have great business models.

Out of curiosity how much have you made off of gamestop stock?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2021, 09:46:26 AM »
I was  referring to reddit driving the stock price up. Gamestop, Tesla, whatever may be fantastic investments but just as you ve shared your thoughts it's all speculation. Many have gotten rich off of Gamestop and Tesla stock and many still can but that doesn't mean they have great business models.

Out of curiosity how much have you made off of gamestop stock?

The move to drive the stock price up happened months, even years before reddit got involved. It involved a few billionaires and hedgefunds (Burry was one of them) that caught Melvin Capital with their pants down.

I'm up 150%. Now just milking it with options and CFDs

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2021, 11:35:47 AM »
Electric Grid in the US can't even handle a little wind, occasional storm, cold temps, or heat waves.....

Yet somehow we're supposed to plug all 100 million cars to charge up...

LOL

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2021, 12:22:56 PM »
Electric Grid in the US can't even handle a little wind, occasional storm, cold temps, or heat waves.....

LOL
AOC uses wind energy to charge her brain.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »
The move to drive the stock price up happened months, even years before reddit got involved. It involved a few billionaires and hedgefunds (Burry was one of them) that caught Melvin Capital with their pants down.

I'm up 150%. Now just milking it with options and CFDs

Interesting. So reddit timed the move perfectly?

The jump from $5 a share to over $300 wasnt based on reddit and Robin hood traders? Was the reddit directive a plant from an insider?

Serious questions, you seem to have a deeper understanding of what took place, I was under the impression that the new leadership were going to act like vampires and slowly kill the brand.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2021, 03:54:26 PM »
Interesting. So reddit timed the move perfectly?

The jump from $5 a share to over $300 wasnt based on reddit and Robin hood traders? Was the reddit directive a plant from an insider?

Serious questions, you seem to have a deeper understanding of what took place, I was under the impression that the new leadership were going to act like vampires and slowly kill the brand.

The big names got out early. Mostly because they knew shit would hit the fan if they held their positions too long and fuck the markets up. They didn't want to be under that kinda scrutiny.

There was a guy on reddit who had been preaching for months that gamestop was the play. His thesis was based on things Michael Burry had said about gamestop. No one listened and he was mostly seen as a joke on there, but he was still a popular and amusing poster (think goodrum) When reddit noticed that the stock had jumped to $40 he was no longer a joke, he was their new god. They all followed his moves and jumped in with options plays.

The new leadership are the opposite of what you think. It was the old leadership that were vampires slowly letting the company bleed to death. A hedgefund and a billionaire slowly bought up the stock for peanuts and basically completed a hostile takeover. The new leadership hires are made of a lot of ex Amazon and they're mostly being compensated in stock. You don't leave Amazon for a company and accept stock as most of your compensation and then let it die.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2021, 04:11:17 PM »

LOL

Just plug them in one at a time.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2021, 02:31:06 AM »
Just plug them in one at a time.
Something like that would happen. We would end up with rationed power to use.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2021, 08:15:07 AM »
Something like that would happen. We would end up with rationed power to use.

Power on all the time is for the rich. The new normal. Nobody is paying attention to the "leaders" saying no coal or gas cars by 2030.

There would have to be an insane drop in demand/access because they are not fixing all this in 9 years.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2021, 11:08:42 AM »

Power on all the time is for the rich. The new normal. Nobody is paying attention to the "leaders" saying no coal or gas cars by 2030.

There would have to be an insane drop in demand/access because they are not fixing all this in 9 years.
I know, they don't really think this stuff out. Most of the people supporting the Green New Deal are young Gen Y and Z's who wouldn't be able to function 1 hour without their charged phone or electric in their McMansions.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2021, 12:33:12 PM »

There's a reason everywhere in the US, all the electric and gas companies are installing new "smart meters" that can be shut off remotely by them

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2021, 01:30:56 AM »

There's a reason everywhere in the US, all the electric and gas companies are installing new "smart meters" that can be shut off remotely by them
Yep, we can look forward to blackouts and brownouts in the future. Gotta save the planet.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2021, 05:49:59 AM »
Yep, we can look forward to blackouts and brownouts in the future. Gotta save the planet.

Speaking of brownouts, I need to hit the shitter.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2021, 07:32:28 AM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2021, 08:06:42 AM »
What would be the appeal of Tesla when Mercedes, Toyota etc  start producing and marketing more electric vehicles?

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2021, 09:35:11 AM »
What would be the appeal of Tesla when Mercedes, Toyota etc  start producing and marketing more electric vehicles?

The general public believes Tesla builds a better electric car than all other manufacturers.  I completely agree with you the electric cars coming out of Toyota, Mercedes, etc are in many ways better.  In particular, I believe the Lucid is vastly better than the Tesla model S. 

The Tesla brand to electric cars is like the Apple brand for smart phones.  It's going to be interesting to see what Apple comes up with and how customers react.  I believe they'll hit it out of the park with something completely game changing. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2021, 12:50:45 PM »
The general public believes Tesla builds a better electric car than all other manufacturers.  I completely agree with you the electric cars coming out of Toyota, Mercedes, etc are in many ways better.  In particular, I believe the Lucid is vastly better than the Tesla model S. 

The Tesla brand to electric cars is like the Apple brand for smart phones.  It's going to be interesting to see what Apple comes up with and how customers react.  I believe they'll hit it out of the park with something completely game changing.

Nowhere near enough people have purchased a Tesla product to compare them to Apple. To say that is a success of Tesla marketing, not so much the market itself speaking.

People know of Tesla but the real vote of confidence comes when they open their wallets. The people that will drive electric cars first are probably driving a 4 cylinder car from one of the big companies right now. Will they want a car with no dealership or will they likely replace that Camry they bought in town with an electric one?

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2021, 01:07:17 PM »

Nowhere near enough people have purchased a Tesla product to compare them to Apple. To say that is a success of Tesla marketing, not so much the market itself speaking.

People know of Tesla but the real vote of confidence comes when they open their wallets. The people that will drive electric cars first are probably driving a 4 cylinder car from one of the big companies right now. Will they want a car with no dealership or will they likely replace that Camry they bought in town with an electric one?

The auto industry is going though one of the biggest transformations in a hundred years.  Do you think people really want to deal with a car stealership?  Look at how many car companies have sprung up over the last ten years.  Prior to Tesla, the last US car company to be founded was Chrysler in 1925.

There are going to be BIG shakeups occurring in the industry.  The Chinese haven't even arrived yet on US shores.  NIO, Xpang, BYD..... they're all going to come here.  For some reason they're starting in Europe.  NIO is already in Norway, Germany, and the UK.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2021, 01:50:09 PM »

The auto industry is going though one of the biggest transformations in a hundred years.  Do you think people really want to deal with a car stealership?  Look at how many car companies have sprung up over the last ten years.  Prior to Tesla, the last US car company to be founded was Chrysler in 1925.

There are going to be BIG shakeups occurring in the industry.  The Chinese haven't even arrived yet on US shores.  NIO, Xpang, BYD..... they're all going to come here.  For some reason they're starting in Europe.  NIO is already in Norway, Germany, and the UK.

We shall see if Chinese companies break through. More likely they would rebadge something under agreement with another maker. Like you said, 1925...this is not a market easily broken into. Remember when Smart cars were the next big thing? Now you can't get anyone to work on them. You have to drop the engine half out to change the starter, haha. Nobody wants to deal with that.

Meanwhile the guy from Nikola EV is dumping his shares like Elon.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2021, 02:48:31 AM »
Speaking of brownouts, I need to hit the shitter.
Those brownouts come from a blackhole.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2021, 04:46:04 AM »

Agreed.

I think most people would prefer to stick to the manufacturers they know where their vehicles could be serviced at local dealerships almost anywhere and be easy to get replacement parts for.

Whether more luxury brands like Mercedes or BMW or more standard vehicles like Toyota. Not necessarily about the costs here either, but the convenience.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2021, 05:56:10 AM »
Agreed.

I think most people would prefer to stick to the manufacturers they know where their vehicles could be serviced at local dealerships almost anywhere and be easy to get replacement parts for.

Whether more luxury brands like Mercedes or BMW or more standard vehicles like Toyota. Not necessarily about the costs here either, but the convenience.

Fisker's model is going to be where they don't have dealerships and they just come to pick up your car when you need service and return it.  You will only lease the vehicle for the first eight years with the option to return it at any time.  There won't be any dealerships or manufacturing facilities and everything will be done digitally. 

I really believe old OEM's like GM and Ford are at a huge disadvantage having a huge dealer network and massive UAW production systems.  This is an old fashioned model that will eventually fail. 

More importantly, we are rapidly transitioning away from car ownership and the younger generation has already embraced not owning a car.  That's one of the reasons autonomous driving will usher in such a change in consumer behavior.  It's like the transition from land line phones to cell phones.  Once you have one, it would be foolish to have the other.  Why buy a car when you can just have any car you want delivered when you need it and only pay for what you need.  Car brands, car dealerships, and car maintenance won't even be an issue.  The younger generation has mentally already made this transition. 

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »

More importantly, we are rapidly transitioning away from car ownership and the younger generation has already embraced not owning a car.  That's one of the reasons autonomous driving will usher in such a change in consumer behavior.  It's like the transition from land line phones to cell phones.  Once you have one, it would be foolish to have the other.  Why buy a car when you can just have any car you want delivered when you need it and only pay for what you need.  Car brands, car dealerships, and car maintenance won't even be an issue.  The younger generation has mentally already made this transition.

I wish!  The US, with notably few exceptions, requires car ownership to get to work, school, errands, etc

My dream is to live car free but sadly not an option :'(

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2021, 01:27:29 PM »

Get a gasoline generator or nat gas generator and plug into it with your electric car.