Author Topic: TESLA's Market Cap Surpasses All Other Auto Companies Combined  (Read 4690 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: TESLA's Market Cap Surpasses All Other Auto Companies Combined
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2021, 05:44:36 PM »
I wish!  The US, with notably few exceptions, requires car ownership to get to work, school, errands, etc

My dream is to live car free but sadly not an option :'(

Another reason why a cheapo Chinese electric car might work in the city or in Luxembourg, but the USA is a huge geographical area.

These aren't knock off Segways we're talking about here.  ;D

I can get in one of my gasoline vehicles right now and drive two states away - across the country with 10 minute breaks. Until electric gets more on par with that the "benefits" will have to be forced on the consumer....or maybe the consumer will not be permitted to drive out of state without President Bezos' approval by 2030.   :o

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2021, 08:15:42 PM »

Another reason why a cheapo Chinese electric car might work in the city or in Luxembourg, but the USA is a huge geographical area.

These aren't knock off Segways we're talking about here.  ;D

I can get in one of my gasoline vehicles right now and drive two states away - across the country with 10 minute breaks. Until electric gets more on par with that the "benefits" will have to be forced on the consumer....or maybe the consumer will not be permitted to drive out of state without President Bezos' approval by 2030.   :o

Kia EV6 Sets Guinness World Record For The Least Hours Of Charging While Driving Across The USA

A 2022 Kia EV6 has set a new Guinness World Record by driving across the United States with the shortest amount of charging time of any electric vehicle.

The car manufacturer drove an EV6 from New York City to Los Angeles over seven days and during the 2,880.5-mile trip, the car was only plugged in for 7 hours, 10 minutes and 1 second. This allowed the Kia EV6 to beat the previous record-holder held by a Tesla at 12 hours, 48 minutes and 19 seconds.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/11/2022-kia-ev6-crosses-the-u-s-needing-just-over-7-hours-to-charge/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2021, 10:13:21 PM »
Kia EV6 Sets Guinness World Record For The Least Hours Of Charging While Driving Across The USA

A 2022 Kia EV6 has set a new Guinness World Record by driving across the United States with the shortest amount of charging time of any electric vehicle.

The car manufacturer drove an EV6 from New York City to Los Angeles over seven days and during the 2,880.5-mile trip, the car was only plugged in for 7 hours, 10 minutes and 1 second. This allowed the Kia EV6 to beat the previous record-holder held by a Tesla at 12 hours, 48 minutes and 19 seconds.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/11/2022-kia-ev6-crosses-the-u-s-needing-just-over-7-hours-to-charge/

KIA would be a perfect established company. A company like that builds a car that specs out better than Tesla, cheaper, with dealers all over....where does that leave Tesla?

Also..something is odd/incomplete about these numbers. Did they go 35mph the whole way? Did they only travel at night to avoid traffic starts and stops? Why did it take a week? Does the battery regenerate further with extra rest time?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2021, 10:20:51 PM »
Fisker's model is going to be where they don't have dealerships and they just come to pick up your car when you need service and return it.  You will only lease the vehicle for the first eight years with the option to return it at any time.  There won't be any dealerships or manufacturing facilities and everything will be done digitally. 

I really believe old OEM's like GM and Ford are at a huge disadvantage having a huge dealer network and massive UAW production systems.  This is an old fashioned model that will eventually fail. 

More importantly, we are rapidly transitioning away from car ownership and the younger generation has already embraced not owning a car.  That's one of the reasons autonomous driving will usher in such a change in consumer behavior.  It's like the transition from land line phones to cell phones.  Once you have one, it would be foolish to have the other.  Why buy a car when you can just have any car you want delivered when you need it and only pay for what you need.  Car brands, car dealerships, and car maintenance won't even be an issue.  The younger generation has mentally already made this transition.

Those are some interesting concepts.

Will also be interesting to see if these trends starts changing as you mention, but if they do I wonder if it could be more limited to highly developed countries. And not sure if developing countries would follow or be able to follow such trends or even in more traditional, though mostly developed Asian countries, where owning a home and car carry a lot of prestige.

I have not done any research on this topic though.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2021, 01:43:34 AM »
Also..something is odd/incomplete about these numbers. Did they go 35mph the whole way? Did they only travel at night to avoid traffic starts and stops? Why did it take a week? Does the battery regenerate further with extra rest time?

Something is off. It's a two-day drive straight through.

Why did it take a week? And only charge 7 hours?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2021, 11:28:36 AM »
Tesla VS camel.  :o

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2021, 11:51:51 AM »
Chinese cars will not pass stringent American safety requirements.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2021, 12:50:15 PM »

Safety requirements can be changed if it suits those in power.  :-\

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2021, 12:57:37 PM »
Safety requirements can be changed if it suits those in power.  :-\

Not gonna happen.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2021, 04:06:19 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/worldeconomicforum/2016/11/10/shopping-i-cant-really-remember-what-that-is-or-how-differently-well-live-in-2030/?sh=211456771735

The plan by 2030 is this for everyone in the world except the chosen few, as described in Davos.

"you'll own nothing and you'll be happy"

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2021, 05:41:25 PM »

Chinese cars are progressing at a rapid pace and cars like the NIO EC6 is close to Tesla.

An interesting thing about NIO is all their key employees like lead engineers and designers are white, not Chinese and I wouldn't be surprised if Xpang is the same.  It makes me wonder how Chinese some of these companies really are.

Most of the electric car companies in China are in no hurry to come to America because they can't even keep up with demand in their home market, much less Europe, which they've already entered. 

I think this video shows NIO is more than ready to enter the American market as is Xpang.   

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2021, 08:21:12 AM »

What two quarters? Only since kowtowing to China.

The valuation is laughable. Soon we will see what the real economy is. Musk sells soon if he is the true genius god some of you make him out to be.

Musk sells another billion in stock today. What is that like 15 billion in the 4th Q?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2021, 09:00:16 AM »
Something is very rotten in the State of Denmark.

Math is just math, but those numbers make zero sense. I just wish I had jumped in a few years ago.  :'(
a

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2021, 10:56:58 AM »

And they will probably look exactly like a 72 pinto. Or a copy of some other shite car

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2021, 04:45:42 PM »

Musk sells another billion in stock today. What is that like 15 billion in the 4th Q?

It’s his options expiration along with end of year tax.