Author Topic: I’M BACK IN THE HOSPITAL // ANOTHER HEART ATTACK?  (Read 4857 times)

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
Re: I’M BACK IN THE HOSPITAL // ANOTHER HEART ATTACK?
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2021, 11:10:33 AM »
what is cardioversion and/or ablation gonna do for an occluded vessel?

Life vest is not 'gimmicky', its life saving bridge therapy
What's a life vest going to do for an occluded vessel? It's not a procedure for an occluded vessel. Its for an arrhythmia, a possible sign of heart failure. Heart failure is a whole separate issue from a heart attack, which comes from blocked vessels. And yes, a life vest is generally worn until a more permanent solution such as an ablation and/or cardioversion or pacemaker is decided upon. It monitors the heart rhythm, and tries to regulate it, and will go off if tachycardia occurs, again, NOTHING to do with blocked vessels.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2021, 04:06:34 PM »
Living an unhealthy life style increases the risk of health problems drastically. Will it effect all? Hell no. We have smokers that live past 80. Is smoking a risk for cancer and heart disease? Hell yes.

Bodybuilding could be the healthiest hobby anyone could do but it's now an activity based on drug use. No drugs and I bet the Olympia would be held in a high school auditorium for an audience of 150 people.  Imaging lifting, doing cardio and eating right how it would benefits your health minus drugs?

And that’s not even natural.

That would be a lousy ROI (return of investment), using anabolics for a cash prize of $1000 (if you win) and virtually no press. I was a big a collector of muscle magazines and viewer of American Muscle as one could be back in the 90s. And I don't recall this show being covered at all.

IFBB pro Josh Lenartowicz mentioned that when he competed in a natural world championship show, it was in a half-empty auditorium. He said it was deflating for him, seeing such little interest in the event.

And didn't he almost kick the bucket a couple of years ago?

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2021, 04:36:13 PM »
That would be a lousy ROI (return of investment), using anabolics for a cash prize of $1000 (if you win) and virtually no press. I was a big a collector of muscle magazines and viewer of American Muscle as one could be back in the 90s. And I don't recall this show being covered at all.

IFBB pro Josh Lenartowicz mentioned that when he competed in a natural world championship show, it was in a half-empty auditorium. He said it was deflating for him, seeing such little interest in the event.

He did indeed - IIRC - while undergoing surgery for a tumour somewhere on his head (that had nothing to do with GH accelerating it) I believe he had some sort of incident problem on the operating table while he was under (that was nothing to do with his size or heart function)

T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2021, 04:37:19 PM »
I should be careful what I say though, there's a GetBigger that always springs to his defence when I poke fun in the direction of Mr Lenartowicz...

;D
T

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2021, 06:30:03 PM »
What's a life vest going to do for an occluded vessel? It's not a procedure for an occluded vessel. Its for an arrhythmia, a possible sign of heart failure. Heart failure is a whole separate issue from a heart attack, which comes from blocked vessels. And yes, a life vest is generally worn until a more permanent solution such as an ablation and/or cardioversion or pacemaker is decided upon. It monitors the heart rhythm, and tries to regulate it, and will go off if tachycardia occurs, again, NOTHING to do with blocked vessels.

In terms of why they may not be operating on him immediately, he's got another video up - which, granted I haven't watched - where he's selling all his supercars.  So perhaps he just needs time to raise the money?  I can't imagine that sort of intervention is cheap - anyone care to enlighten me on this please?

Sometimes the heart can be weakened from the blockage but improve after the stent is placed. It may take weeks for that to happen. If the heart recovers he may not need the defibrillator. The lifevest is worn until it is known if recovery will take place. Most insurances will not cover the defibrillator until a few weeks have passed after a heart attack or a bypass.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2021, 06:35:47 PM »

He was also the one who found Dallas McCarver dead. The guy just can't catch a break

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2021, 06:59:47 PM »
Kali has atherosclerosis which can lead to a stroke or arteriosclerosis if he doesn't wake the fk up!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2021, 07:12:46 PM »

Yeah, but that  John Hansen guy used  the "Natural Mr O" title to heavily promote himself for years. You can monetize the credibility of competing. And competing in "natural" shows is a great cover for people who are trying to present themselves as natural to people who don't know any better.

Also, 5th place in classic and physique olympia is $2000, so clearly not about the money for gearheads either.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2021, 07:45:56 PM »
He was also the one who found Dallas McCarver dead. The guy just can't catch a break

He’s getting ready to compete or packing on the size again.

As per His IG

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWSXYF3AiA0/?utm_medium=copy_link

He should be dead soon

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2021, 07:52:25 PM »
LOOKING AT THIS VIDEO AND FREAKING LARGE HE WAS ,PRO CARD DIDNT MATTER,,,LIVING THE LIFE LARGER THAN LIFE AND NOW HE HAS A BURNT OUT HEART.NOW WHAT???
didnt you hear the man? we all gonna die

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2021, 08:13:57 PM »
What I don't understand is if one of his main arteries was 100% blocked why didn't they perform a by pass on him

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2021, 09:06:38 PM »
What I don't understand is if one of his main arteries was 100% blocked why didn't they perform a by pass on him
He may have been in systolic heart failure, hence the edema, and if he had an ejection fraction in the 10% area, the risk of surgery might be greater than the benefits. People with systolic heart failure don't live long, and there is no cure. It's a completely separate issue from the heart attack. Stroke is a major risk. They probably gave him some beta blockers, told him to drop weight, cut sodium, and see if the medications and lifestyle changes will make his heart stronger, perhaps strong enough to risk an invasive surgery. But if you COMBINE a heart attack with heart failure, and then the tachycardia, as he kept mentioning "my heart goin fast again", this is a very deadly combination. Heart patients often die within months of surgery. There is only so much the heart can take. The best possible scenario is that he had heart failure secondary to anabolic steroids, which doctors are debating whether that can be reversible as there are cases of people recovering. But he HAS to go off gear to have a slim chance. It's not just LVH and cholesterol, there are all sorts of androgen receptors in the heart that cause cardiac remodeling they are still learning about. Guys over 40, please be careful with gear. I speak from experience I may share sometime to help. But I don't ever want to hate on steroids and believe they can be done responsibly.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25335124/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2021, 10:19:17 PM »
Yeah, but that  John Hansen guy used  the "Natural Mr O" title to heavily promote himself for years. You can monetize the credibility of competing. And competing in "natural" shows is a great cover for people who are trying to present themselves as natural to people who don't know any better.

Also, 5th place in classic and physique olympia is $2000, so clearly not about the money for gearheads either.

That's 5th place, not first place. But, even that is at the Olympia.

For that Natural Universe win in 1996, Hansen got $1000 and virtually no press in a conference room that had hundreds of people (maybe).

I don't even know what Hansen got for his "Natural Olympia" win in 1998. Aside from a brief, and I stress....BRIEF, stint with MuscleTech, Hansen wasn't exactly raking in the dough. He won $50,000 in a before/after promotion (gotta look into the archives for that one  ;D ).

The last time I checked anything about money or prizes at show, it was when Kiyoshi Moody won that funky little green car that looks like a juice box for my son's lunch. That was in the late 2000s, I think.

It makes my point. People whine about how unhealthy bodybuilders and that they're all drugs on one hand. On the other, they don't even attempt to support drug-tested/natural shows and push the mindset of not even bothering to touch a weight without syringes in tow.

So, you either have to look like garbage or an emaciated twig with abs, to have some folks believe you are a natural bodybuilder.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2021, 10:24:59 PM »
didnt you hear the man? we all gonna die

:D

T

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2021, 11:03:17 PM »
Inherintly small black dude eating and training like a Scandinavian Viking lol. Thinks he has the constitution of a horse but he doesn't. Dead pool.

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2021, 05:50:02 AM »
But if you COMBINE a heart attack with heart failure, and then the tachycardia, as he kept mentioning "my heart goin fast again", this is a very deadly combination. Heart patients often die within months of surgery. There is only so much the heart can take. The best possible scenario is that he had heart failure secondary to anabolic steroids, which doctors are debating whether that can be reversible as there are cases of people recovering. But he HAS to go off gear to have a slim chance.
Bottom line

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2021, 06:31:38 AM »
My grandfather was fat, ate meat at every meal and sweets at night. Drank like a fish until age 40 and smoked cigs until 50. Lived to 104.

Yep, genetics.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2021, 06:47:53 AM »

For that Natural Universe win in 1996, Hansen got $1000 and virtually no press in a conference room that had hundreds of people (maybe).

I don't even know what Hansen got for his "Natural Olympia" win in 1998. Aside from a brief, and I stress....BRIEF, stint with MuscleTech, Hansen wasn't exactly raking in the dough. He won $50,000 in a before/after promotion (gotta look into the archives for that one  ;D ).

The last time I checked anything about money or prizes at show, it was when Kiyoshi Moody won that funky little green car that looks like a juice box for my son's lunch. That was in the late 2000s, I think.

It makes my point. People whine about how unhealthy bodybuilders and that they're all drugs on one hand. On the other, they don't even attempt to support drug-tested/natural shows and push the mindset of not even bothering to touch a weight without syringes in tow.

So, you either have to look like garbage or an emaciated twig with abs, to have some folks believe you are a natural bodybuilder.

Dude didnt you defend Mike OHearns natural status?

And now your argument is guys competing in natural contests are using because the prize money isnt worth it?

Mcway people use drugs and never step on stage or enter a powerlifting meet. Your local gym can have a bench press contest with zeor prize money and juiced up dudes will enter just to say they are one of the best benches in the area.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2021, 07:16:49 AM »
Dude didnt you defend Mike OHearns natural status?

And now your argument is guys competing in natural contests are using because the prize money isnt worth it?

Mcway people use drugs and never step on stage or enter a powerlifting meet. Your local gym can have a bench press contest with zeor prize money and juiced up dudes will enter just to say they are one of the best benches in the area.

My argument/point was agreeing with Oldtimer, who made the comment that the Mr. Olympia would be held in half-filled high school auditoriums if the competitiors weren’t taking anabolics.

Exhibit A was the 1996 Natural Mr. Universe (ABA, I think), held in a hotel conference room in front of a few dozen people, for $1000....only for the winner.

I’m fully aware that people use steroids and never step onstage. Very few do so at a natural show, especially knowing they will even less press than the guys you mentioned at a local bench press contest.

A handful do; there is that INBA “Wall of Shame” of guys who get popped and banned for life from that organization’s shows.

If you want healthy (or at least, healthier) bodybuilding, this notion that you can’t take a Zumba class without a steroid stack needs to cease.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2021, 07:51:27 AM »
My argument/point was agreeing with Oldtimer, who made the comment that the Mr. Olympia would be held in half-filled high school auditoriums if the competitiors weren’t taking anabolics.

Exhibit A was the 1996 Natural Mr. Universe (ABA, I think), held in a hotel conference room in front of a few dozen people, for $1000....only for the winner.

I’m fully aware that people use steroids and never step onstage. Very few do so at a natural show, especially knowing they will even less press than the guys you mentioned at a local bench press contest.

A handful do; there is that INBA “Wall of Shame” of guys who get popped and banned for life from that organization’s shows.

If you healthy (or at least, healthier) bodybuilding, this notion that you can’t take a Zumba class without a steroid stack needs to cease.

I apologize. I misunderstood your point.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2021, 12:26:55 PM »

If you want healthy (or at least, healthier) bodybuilding, this notion that you can’t take a Zumba class without a steroid stack needs to cease.

I don't know, man... I think return on investment in a bodybuilding show is a different issue than there being a public interest in natural fitness. My point with the classic olympia prize money is that the return on investment as a professional fitness competitor is not great for the vast majority and that's always been the case. 90% of the guys who compete in non-tested shows are spending way more during prep than naturals, have no realistic shot at placing above 4th or 5th and most people on this bodybuilding board probably couldn't name a competitor out of the top 5 by sight.

I also don't think drug-free fitness begins and ends with stage competitions. Kali- the person this thread is about- was known most for being a social media figure and there are tons of other successful social media fitness personalities who are drug free (or, at least, limit their drug use enough that claiming natty status is not completely laughable.)  Will Tenyson, Athlean-X , Jeff Nippard (debatable?), Zac Perna, Sean Nalawany are incredibly popular.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2021, 12:27:51 PM »

John also had a monthly magazine column for Iron Man Magazine that I would bet paid fairly well,because I got $400.00 just for a random article that I submitted some year back.....just saying.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2021, 12:38:11 PM »
John also had a monthly magazine column for Iron Man Magazine that I would bet paid fairly well,because I got $400.00 just for a random article that I submitted some year back.....just saying.

Bhank said he got $700.00 for his article. Not trying to start shit or anything.  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2021, 05:52:28 PM »

Bhank said he got $700.00 for his article. Not trying to start shit or anything.  ;D

Can you post Bhanky's article?  I want to learn.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2021, 07:39:51 PM »
My nikka