Author Topic: Depression, Panic and Anxiety  (Read 2253 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Depression, Panic and Anxiety
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2021, 02:12:26 PM »
You're a really really shitty arrogant person. Beyond just talking on this board, you are one who deserves a massive beating. One of my biggest hates in life is arrogance, and you are brutally arrogant. Just a shitty shittty human being. Good move staying anonymous

Aren't you the asshole who suggested I drink bleach in a thread that I made about holiday "cheer"

Only an idiot would have ANY emotions over someone they don't know and who has zero impact on their actual life

If my posts make you so upset then I suggest you stop reading them

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2021, 02:15:25 PM »
Aren't you the asshole who suggested I drink bleach in a thread that I made about holiday "cheer"

Only an idiot would have ANY emotions over someone they don't know and who has zero impact on their actual life

If my posts make you so upset then I suggest you stop reading them

Why not stop making asinine posts and give us all a break?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2021, 02:19:53 PM »
Why not stop making asinine posts and give us all a break?

why don't you just ignore my posts

that's what I do with most of yours

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2021, 03:06:17 PM »

Stop with the attacks and threats.

Depression is serious.  And hard to work on with friends.

I know from real life, having lost someone to depression.

Honestly, it was EXACTLY two years ago today.  Two days before Thanksgiving that year.
 We just visited her grave on Wednedsay. She was 41 when she passed away due to liver failure because of alcohol.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2021, 03:13:20 PM »

Honestly, it was EXACTLY two years ago today.  Two days before Thanksgiving that year.
 We just visited her grave on Wednedsay. She was 41 when she passed away due to liver failure because of alcohol.

well if ol buddy Straw likes to mock depression in this thread as seen with his "this thread makes me depressed" comment, he truly gets what he deserves. He can dish it but bundles up in the fetal position when it comes back to him

sorry about your friend, I lost a buddy 6 days ago to suicide and guesstimate I have lost at least 15 more to it over the years. Sometimes I find it mind blowing I havent done it yet considering it sits in my head as a though every day of the year
"

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2021, 03:41:59 PM »
You're a really really shitty arrogant person. Beyond just talking on this board, you are one who deserves a massive beating. One of my biggest hates in life is arrogance, and you are brutally arrogant. Just a shitty shittty human being. Good move staying anonymous

It's a classic liberal commie trait. He's fit right in in liberal cesspool Canada.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2021, 03:50:31 PM »
It's a classic liberal commie trait. He's fit right in in liberal cesspool Canada.
agreed
I need out of Canada and he can come here and suck Trudeaus dick
"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2021, 03:51:07 PM »
well if ol buddy Straw likes to mock depression in this thread as seen with his "this thread makes me depressed" comment, he truly gets what he deserves. He can dish it but bundles up in the fetal position when it comes back to him

sorry about your friend, I lost a buddy 6 days ago to suicide and guesstimate I have lost at least 15 more to it over the years. Sometimes I find it mind blowing I havent done it yet considering it sits in my head as a though every day of the year

I guess I should have just told you to "drink a case of beer like a man" or "find Jesus" like two other posters in this thread

I assume both of those were jokes too but for some reason you didn't lose fucking mind over them

Then again, I guess it's hard to tell how a mental patient is going to react to any joke

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2021, 04:03:21 PM »
I guess I should have just told you to "drink a case of beer like a man" or "find Jesus" like two other posters in this thread

I assume both of those were jokes too but for some reason you didn't lose fucking mind over them

Then again, I guess it's hard to tell how a mental patient is going to react to any joke

now mocking me cause of my mental health issues
lol this is gold, the shit he says to me on the internet and what would happen in real life

how do you even wrap your head around what a little bitch you are?
"

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2021, 04:04:35 PM »
ohoh hes gonna report to mod again hahahhah
"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2021, 05:34:39 PM »
now mocking me cause of my mental health issues
lol this is gold, the shit he says to me on the internet and what would happen in real life

how do you even wrap your head around what a little bitch you are?

nope, just point out that it's impossible to tell which joke is going to cause a mental patient to snap

now I know that if I tell you to "drink of case of beer like a man" that you'll be just fine with it

you can't blame me for not knowing that ahead of time

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2021, 05:41:48 PM »
nope, just point out that it's impossible to tell which joke is going to cause a mental patient to snap

now I know that if I tell you to "drink of case of beer like a man" that you'll be just fine with it

you can't blame me for not knowing that ahead of time
"

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2021, 06:01:12 PM »
agreed
I need out of Canada and he can come here and suck Trudeaus dick

Take me with you  :'(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2021, 08:03:52 PM »
This tread has become mean spirited and depressing. You may think I'm joking, but I am not. Depression, specially bi-polar disorder is no joke. It is hell for those who suffer it. At least today, people can identify it and get treatment....in previous times they just went crazy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2021, 08:07:01 PM »
I've never been depressed before...until I started reading this thread

You are either lying or you are a sociopath with no feelings. Everyone gets depressed. It's the depth and frequency of it that tears people apart from reality.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2021, 08:11:14 PM »

Thank you Ron for stepping in and bringing some humanity to this thread. It definitely needs it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2021, 08:13:51 PM »

Honestly, this has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative. People either have compassion or they don't.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2021, 10:17:40 PM »
This tread has become mean spirited and depressing. You may think I'm joking, but I am not. Depression, specially bi-polar disorder is no joke. It is hell for those who suffer it. At least today, people can identify it and get treatment....in previous times they just went crazy.

Depression is a biochemical phenomenon. Yes- you can affect it by your thinking process, to some degree. It is well known that we can elicit hormonal changes just by thinking. But there is a limit. Deep depression is overwhelming for many.

I had a college classmate go into depression and ending up committing suicide by jumping to his death. We could see it coming but were limited in what we could do. We reported  his condition to the college health services department but they did little. He died at 19 years old.

Many people do not understand what severe depression is- hence some of the responses in this thread.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2021, 10:20:40 PM »

Depression is a biochemical phenomenon. Yes- you can affect it by your thinking process, to some degree. It is well known that we can elicit hormonal changes just by thinking. But there is a limit. Deep depression is overwhelming for many.

I had a college classmate go into depression and ending up committing suicide by jumping to his death. We could see it coming but were limited in what we could do. We reported  his condition to the college health services department but they did little. He died at 19 years old.

Many people do not understand what severe depression is- hence some of the responses in this thread.

Outstanding and thank you
So many don't have a clue
"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2021, 10:52:15 PM »
Anyone in this thread or anywhere that is old enough to have lived life has experienced mental health problems at one point or another, if they say they’ve haven’t they’re bold faced liars. I know I have mild and at some points severe depression as well as PTSD which has led to night terrors several times a month from a past event(s) in my life dating back to 35 years. My wife has to wake me to calm me down. They don’t go away..you just deal.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2021, 10:57:14 PM »
Brutal if true

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2021, 12:11:12 AM »

Thank you for your thoughtful post.

I was referring to mild depression which is what most of us experience as a result of what is going on in our lives at any given time. Folks who a bi-polar do not have to ability for the most part to control their highs and lows which is why medication is so important.

I'm not a doctor nor a psychologist, but I am someone who is aware of the emotions of those around me. I have immediate family who are diagnosed bipolar. Fortunately, they are currently managing it with medications and therapy. Never the less it is a daily struggle for them.

I am sorry that you lost someone you personally knew to suicide. When someone successfully commits suicide it leaves us with thoughts of why we didn't see it coming or if we did, why we weren't able to do something for them.

I also personally know someone who committed suicide. What I don't know is why they did and of course I never will. Moreover, I have close family who seriously attempted suicide but were lucky enough to not have been successful. My mother being one of those people. She attempted it multiple times in dramatic ways, like stabbing herself in the chest, cutting her wrists and overdosing on meds and alcohol. She ended up dying from emphysema as a result of chain smoking her entire life...which some might view as a form of suicide. Particularly, when that person continues to smoke when they are so sick they can barely breathe.

When I was a teenager, I took entire bottle of my mom's sleeping pills with the intention of killing myself. I waited the entire night to fall asleep which never happened and I have no idea why but today, I am glad that it didn't work.