Author Topic: any Getbiggers work at IKEA or in retail?  (Read 1147 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
any Getbiggers work at IKEA or in retail?
« on: November 25, 2021, 02:27:45 PM »

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
Re: any Getbiggers work at IKEA or in retail?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 02:38:43 PM »
Yet these idiots want $15 an hour and cry about their job all day.

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "My new company is TOTALLY not a scam."
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 03:08:52 PM »
This is hilarious!

I hate people who talk down to retail workers, restaurant staff too. There's a HUGE worker shortage because of COVID where I live, I have a feeling these customer attitudes will eventually have to change.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 06:25:25 PM »
Yet these idiots want $15 an hour and cry about their job all day.

My grandson works in retail, in the warehouse side as opposed to sales. His 12 hour shift for tomorrow, Black Friday, begins at 4:00 a.m. I didn't ask him if he get compensated above his usual salary for this.

I worked in display in retail when I was still a kid of 18, we got slightly better pay than clerks did. It still sucked though. The benefits weren't too hot either. I don't remember ever getting overtime when setting up Christmas - but then, that was in another century or almost 60 years ago. ;)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 02:36:52 AM »
No Getbigger works at IKEA but maybe one owns it.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 02:37:19 AM »
SF1900 works in retail

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 10:28:41 AM »
Retail work = poverty.
T

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 11:06:08 AM »
Retail work = poverty.
A lot of work for little pay.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 11:17:17 AM »
My grandson works in retail, in the warehouse side as opposed to sales. His 12 hour shift for tomorrow, Black Friday, begins at 4:00 a.m. I didn't ask him if he get compensated above his usual salary for this.

I worked in display in retail when I was still a kid of 18, we got slightly better pay than clerks did. It still sucked though. The benefits weren't too hot either. I don't remember ever getting overtime when setting up Christmas - but then, that was in another century or almost 60 years ago. ;)

It's an hourly job- if you want better get educated.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 11:17:49 AM »

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 11:31:25 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2021, 12:57:05 PM »

Were you ever a kid? Did you work while you were in school?

When I was in college, one of my non-tenured professors had a PhD. She could barely make ends meet on the salary they paid her. My step-dad had an 8th grade education. He was self-employed tradesman. His 1960's income with inflation today would be over $200,000. a year. Peanuts for most Getbigger...right?

Education is great. It is not the be all end all. Ambition plays a huge role in success. A little good luck helps too.

My 22 year old grandson earns around $2,500 a month at his warehouse job. Not great money, but better than he'd get if he was on welfare. I doubt he thinks of this job is a career.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 02:51:31 AM »

When I was in college, one of my non-tenured professors had a PhD. She could barely make ends meet on the salary they paid her. My step-dad had an 8th grade education. He was self-employed tradesman. His 1960's income with inflation today would be over $200,000. a year. Peanuts for most Getbigger...right?

Education is great. It is not the be all end all. Ambition plays a huge role in success. A little good luck helps too.

My 22 year old grandson earns around $2,500 a month at his warehouse job. Not great money, but better than he'd get if he was on welfare. I doubt he thinks of this job is a career.
The good thing about low income jobs is that they are easy to leave. I never took the civil service exam for the post office because I was afraid I would get hired. A totally mind numbing shitty job with great pay and benefits would be torture because you are stuck and feel you can never leave.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 03:53:22 AM »
SF1900 works in retail

I’ve been at Auto Zone for over 8 years.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2021, 03:54:10 AM »

fixed

Hyp, thank you for the correction.
X

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 04:18:21 AM »
I’ve been at Auto Zone for over 8 years.
You are just being humble. You actually own Auto Zone.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 06:10:27 AM »
Worked retail inventory my freshmen year, nothing but girls and happy hour.  Couldn't afford groceries but it was the best job I ever had.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 06:43:32 AM »

Tradesmen are educated in the trades.

Lack of ambition and drive is a success killer.  Most people lack it.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2021, 07:54:27 AM »

This is why I paid attention in class.  8)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2021, 08:19:51 AM »

I told you I had a PhD in past posts. Apparently your memory has gone down the shitter.  And with a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry the market is actually soft. I figured that out at my first job so went off and started my own business in a completely different field.

Anytime you force yourself to learn something new it is an education. If you are a lazy dick - well then accept a shitty life. Sounds like your grandson is all set.

It is VERY EASY to get trained in a new field. My local community college offers 6 month and 1 year programs,  at night, in a variety of skilled trades. The cost is minimal. A freaking welder in my area, not exactly a hot bed of activity, gets $30 an hour. They even pay you, with a high school diploma, to learn to weld at $16 an hour.

No more excuses bro.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2021, 08:21:08 AM »
This is why I paid attention in class.  8)

yep = you applied yourself and reaped the benefits I am sure.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2021, 08:57:24 AM »

I told you I had a PhD in past posts. Apparently your memory has gone down the shitter.  And with a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry the market is actually soft. I figured that out at my first job so went off and started my own business in a completely different field.

Anytime you force yourself to learn something new it is an education. If you are a lazy dick - well then accept a shitty life. Sounds like your grandson is all set.

It is VERY EASY to get trained in a new field. My local community college offers 6 month and 1 year programs,  at night, in a variety of skilled trades. The cost is minimal. A freaking welder in my area, not exactly a hot bed of activity, gets $30 an hour. They even pay you, with a high school diploma, to learn to weld at $16 an hour.

No more excuses bro.

Well said.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2021, 10:46:54 AM »

Goes to college to become a janitor. Nice job Prime.
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2021, 04:42:23 PM »
The good thing about low income jobs is that they are easy to leave. I never took the civil service exam for the post office because I was afraid I would get hired. A totally mind numbing shitty job with great pay and benefits would be torture because you are stuck and feel you can never leave.

I didn't take the civil service exam to work for the USPS because after reading about it, I knew there was no way I had the skills necessary for sorting mail. Too much stuff to remember that just didn't interest me. Also, not being a veteran almost assured one that they'd not get hired. Back when postmen walked their routes, it seemed like  it would be a pretty cool job. But I was young, naïve and easily pleased.

I worked in a position that I didn't like for far too long because it was financially the right thing to do. I don't regret that decision because in the end, it accomplished exactly what I wanted it to which was relative security after retirement. This doesn't mean there weren't days when it felt like torture. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2021, 02:50:40 AM »
I didn't take the civil service exam to work for the USPS because after reading about it, I knew there was no way I had the skills necessary for sorting mail. Too much stuff to remember that just didn't interest me. Also, not being a veteran almost assured one that they'd not get hired. Back when postmen walked their routes, it seemed like  it would be a pretty cool job. But I was young, naïve and easily pleased.

I worked in a position that I didn't like for far too long because it was financially the right thing to do. I don't regret that decision because in the end, it accomplished exactly what I wanted it to which was relative security after retirement. This doesn't mean there weren't days when it felt like torture.
My dad worked at the post office in the 70's and hated it. He quit and went back to college and it was hard times financially for a few years but nothing is worse than doing a job you hate.