Author Topic: Johnny Apollo...  (Read 20580 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Johnny Apollo...
« on: May 03, 2006, 11:15:25 PM »
So what exactly is your view on God/afterlife, etc?

Is it basically that it is impossible for humans to know anything about the spiritual world because it is beyond our comprehension or means of finding things out?

Nihilism?

or plain atheism
Valhalla awaits.

Johnny Apollo

Re: Johnny Apollo...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 02:43:23 AM »
I'm an atheist.

I don't believe a God/gods exists. However I don't say that a God doesn't exist absolutely.

I don't believe anyone can know wether a God does or does not exist either. We're too limited in preception or technology.

I am also a Skeptic. I am skeptical of anything paranormal or supernatural. Ghosts,Bigfoot,UFO's,Yeti,Lochness monster...All fairy tales.

I'm also a critique of pseudo-science including intelligent design or scientology.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 06:06:02 AM »
I'm an atheist.

I don't believe a God/gods exists. However I don't say that a God doesn't exist absolutely.

I don't believe anyone can know wether a God does or does not exist either. We're too limited in preception or technology.

I am also a Skeptic. I am skeptical of anything paranormal or supernatural. Ghosts,Bigfoot,UFO's,Yeti,Lochness monster...All fairy tales.

I'm also a critique of pseudo-science including intelligent design or scientology.

Basically you're a liar and scared llittle boy

Post your picture Johnny...............sca red little boy

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 06:21:01 AM »

Basically you're a liar and scared llittle boy

Post your picture Johnny...............sca red little boy

Are you saying that a person who do not buy into a religious doctrine or are sceptical to "god" (since we really have no way of telling if he exists) automatically qualitfy as a "scared little boy"?   :-X

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 06:41:32 AM »
Are you saying that a person who do not buy into a religious doctrine or are sceptical to "god" (since we really have no way of telling if he exists) automatically qualitfy as a "scared little boy"?   Lips sealed

No, no, not at all.  What i'm saying is:  Johnny is a liar and a scared little boy.  Read the last couple of pages on the "The real Johnny Apollo" threads.

As for his reply:

Who knows what he believes....  he lies alot. 

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 07:01:20 PM »
Ozmo is a pseudo intellectual who is angry I outwit him everytime he posts. He asks me to post pictures but if I do he'd just say they are photoshopped and fake. Not to mention the fact that posting a picture is completly irrelevant to any conversation.

BTW he won't post a pic and he's asking me to.

Can you say double standard?

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 08:03:30 PM »
you sound like more of a nihilist than an atheist
Valhalla awaits.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 08:06:57 PM »
you sound like more of a nihilist than an atheist

There are different types of Nihilism.

Do I believe there is some "divine" purpose to everything? No.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 08:51:05 PM »
Just wondering Apollo:  Do you believe in a soul?  Or does a soul depart upon death?

Not that I care about your personal beliefs (why would I?), but I was just wondering if you had any particular philosophical arguments for or against such beliefs.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 08:53:51 PM »
Just wondering Apollo:  Do you believe in a soul?  Or does a soul depart upon death?

Not that I care about your personal beliefs (why would I?), but I was just wondering if you had any particular philosophical arguments for or against such beliefs.

Don't believe in souls. No evidence they exist.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 09:39:30 PM »
What about psychic phenomena, such as astrual projection.  Many people have testified to having outer body experiences.  Some leave their bodies and upon return give detailed statements to what they saw on leave.  If strong psychic phenomena occur, then typical materialism is false.

Do you believe you are fully conscious?

Or how about a little Descartes?  Cartesian Dualism

1.  Descartes supposed his body to be nonexistent. (Rational: Dream Argument)

2.  Descartes did not suppose himself to be nonexistant.  (Rational:  Cogito ergo Sum)

3.  Therefore, 1 and 2.  [1,2 Conjuction]

4.  If 1 and 2, then Descartes was not identical to his body

5.  If Descartes was not identical to his body, the Typical Materialism is false. (Rational: 4 rejects TM (A))

6.  Therefore, TM is false [3,4,5 MMP]

Typical Materialism:
A.  Each person is just a physical object
B. There are no minds/souls
C.  Each functioning person has mental as well as physical properties

x is a mind/soul = df- x is a spatially unextended thinking substance.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 09:40:26 PM »
Sorry that was a lot of questions... feel free to pick and choose.

I'm hoping to see evidence that souls don't exist.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 10:17:01 PM »
What about psychic phenomena, such as astrual projection.  Many people have testified to having outer body experiences.  Some leave their bodies and upon return give detailed statements to what they saw on leave.  If strong psychic phenomena occur, then typical materialism is false.

None of the above exists. "Many people testifying" doens't mean anything. Anecdotes aren't science.

There's no scientific evidence for astral projection,psychics..ect.

Ever hear of the James Randi million dollar challenge?

Do you believe you are fully conscious?

What does this mean? Fully conscious? Fully aware of everything? No. I can't sense everything. I'm only human. I can't sense for instance X-rays or Gamma rays with my 5 senes without technology.

Or how about a little Descartes?  Cartesian Dualism

1.  Descartes supposed his body to be nonexistent. (Rational: Dream Argument)

2.  Descartes did not suppose himself to be nonexistant.  (Rational:  Cogito ergo Sum)

3.  Therefore, 1 and 2.  [1,2 Conjuction]

4.  If 1 and 2, then Descartes was not identical to his body

5.  If Descartes was not identical to his body, the Typical Materialism is false. (Rational: 4 rejects TM (A))

6.  Therefore, TM is false [3,4,5 MMP]

"Supposing" doesn't mean anything. I can suppose my body not to exist but that doens't mean it does not exist. Which nullifies all of the rest of the conclusions.

Do you really believe these absurd things or is this a test?

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »

Do you really believe these absurd things or is this a test?

Does it really matter if I believe these "absurd" things?  It doesn't matter to me if you do.  I'm just trying to get a better conception of other's methods of thought.  No test here my didactic philosopher.

P.S.  Look further into Descarte's argument.  The rationales run a lot deeper than "supposing."  Not saying that the argument is sound, though.  Descarte is just a little more advanced than "supposing," especially when it involves Epistimic Purity.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 10:41:26 PM »
The James Randi Challenge was interesting (and very debatable) Thanks.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 10:44:07 PM »
Does it really matter if I believe these "absurd" things?  It doesn't matter to me if you do.  I'm just trying to get a better conception of other's methods of thought.  No test here my didactic philosopher.

P.S.  Look further into Descarte's argument.  The rationales run a lot deeper than "supposing."  Not saying that the argument is sound, though.  Descarte is just a little more advanced than "supposing," especially when it involves Epistimic Purity.

You're the one who put "suppose".

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 10:45:58 PM »
The James Randi Challenge was interesting (and very debatable) Thanks.

Debatable?

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 10:51:27 PM »
Yes, you are correct, my bad.  What should I have put?  Believed, felt, theorized, deduced, inferred, considered?  No matter what I put you will get into semantics.  Semantics will be debated forever...  Look at Descartes.  He was far greater than my intelligence and your intelligence (no offence) combined.  I can't put all his thouhts down on a bodybuilding internet board, sorry.  Look at Meditations on First Philosophy

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 10:53:03 PM »

Debatable?

www.alternativescience.c om/james-randi.htm

Some of Randi's "assumptions" are not as scientific as one would hope.  I know how you don't like assuming.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 11:02:23 PM »
www.alternativescience.c om/james-randi.htm

Some of Randi's "assumptions" are not as scientific as one would hope.  I know how you don't like assuming.

That's a kook website that even denies evolution. Something I don't have time or patience to deal with.

Post your objections to james randi's challenge in your own words and i'll address them that way.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 01:02:31 PM »
Ozmo is a pseudo intellectual who is angry I outwit him everytime he posts. He asks me to post pictures but if I do he'd just say they are photoshopped and fake. Not to mention the fact that posting a picture is completly irrelevant to any conversation.

Outwitted?  You haven't outwitted anyone.  All you've done is expose yourself.  And you're still scared to post a real picture of your self.  Instead you just lie, lie, lie.

He asks me to post pictures but if I do he'd just say they are photoshopped and fake

You haven't posted a real one yet, so how do you know what i would say?

Again, Johnny you are a scared lonely 15 year old boy who lies about who he really is.  Who needs a non-scientific forum to feel superior.

You are nothing but pathetic.

And you still haven't answered my gene question with scientific evidence.

Go on boy get working.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »
Outwitted?  You haven't outwitted anyone.  All you've done is expose yourself.  And you're still scared to post a real picture of your self.  Instead you just lie, lie, lie.

You haven't posted a real one yet, so how do you know what i would say?

Again, Johnny you are a scared lonely 15 year old boy who lies about who he really is.  Who needs a non-scientific forum to feel superior.

You are nothing but pathetic.

And you still haven't answered my gene question with scientific evidence.

Go on boy get working.

1.I've posted plenty of "real pictures".

2.How many have YOU posted?

3.My posting or not posting pictures is irrelevant.

MIAMI BLUE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 03:51:55 PM »
johnny, from your description I  would say you are more of a agnostic atheist like I, almost having a deist type of dogma.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 03:58:24 PM »
johnny, from your description I  would say you are more of a agnostic atheist like I, almost having a deist type of dogma.

I'm an agnostic and an atheist..But Deist? No.

Deism is the belief in a God. Just a God. I do not believe in any Gods,Which is how i'm an atheist.

Atheism can't go with Deism or Theism.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 04:08:42 PM »
1.I've posted plenty of "real pictures".

2.How many have YOU posted?

3.My posting or not posting pictures is irrelevant.

You know i meant real pictures of yourself.

Stop trying to deflect or skirt the issue.  Like your gym thing, or morals in our genes. 

You are the one who said you would post your pic as soon as OldSchool did.  And you cheesed out like a little boy.   And now you're are trying to flip it by telling me to post a pic.

POST YOUR PIC!  or are you scared everyone's gonna find out you are really a 15 year lonely boy who lies about what he does to make himself feel better inside.