Author Topic: A bodybuilding role model: Jeff King  (Read 23077 times)

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: A bodybuilding role model: Jeff King
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2017, 09:11:08 PM »
I put them up...I don't see them now?? Anyway, do a google search on (DeMayo) and you shall see the similarities. Paul is of course bigger, but otherwise they have the same physique!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2017, 09:49:29 PM »
Jeff deserves his own thread:

Jeff's move from bodybuilding to a career in Physical Therapy/allied health may well be the most impressive and respectable path I have ever seen one take through and beyond this sport.  Going from bodybuilding to movie stardom is like winning the lottery: it's not gonna happen for most wannabes, but using your interest in, and passion for, physique culture and training to transition into something like physical therapy, occupational therapy, or professional athletic training is a model for most of these guys to follow.  When you stop to consider how most muscle boys end up (kidney, colon, dead), Jeff is an example for everyone to follow.  Bay likey! 8)

that pic of him in the blue trunks and trophy is the exact same pic that was in the book on steroids i read for the first time in the school library when in was in the 2nd grade. probably read that book a few dozen times from 2nd grade to the 5th grade. i'd show that pic to my gf and other girls and they'd do the typical "ugh that's gross" blah blah lol. i thought it was cool as fuck. haha.... i had no clue who the dude was till about a year or two ago when i recognized the pic online.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2017, 01:54:34 AM »
that pic of him in the blue trunks and trophy is the exact same pic that was in the book on steroids i read for the first time in the school library when in was in the 2nd grade. probably read that book a few dozen times from 2nd grade to the 5th grade. i'd show that pic to my gf and other girls and they'd do the typical "ugh that's gross" blah blah lol. i thought it was cool as fuck. haha.... i had no clue who the dude was till about a year or two ago when i recognized the pic online.

Great book.  You read it in 1989?  I read it in 1999.  I bought it at the Salvation Army up my street for $0.50!  Great book.  I plan to order another copy again soon:

http://www.gmv.com.au/default.asp?pageid=products&template=PRODUCTCAT&catid=11&prodid=2960&site=1

Simple Simon

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2017, 02:42:22 AM »
Great book.  You read it in 1989?  I read it in 1999.  I bought it at the Salvation Army up my street for $0.50!  Great book.  I plan to order another copy again soon:

http://www.gmv.com.au/default.asp?pageid=products&template=PRODUCTCAT&catid=11&prodid=2960&site=1

that's not the same book, that's Joe Meeko...

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2017, 02:45:40 AM »

No no.. Mine was part of some 4 or 5 book series on various drugs.. Steroids.. Cocaine, heroin, inhalants or something.

Fuck..you had my hopes up. Thought you found the book. Lol

Simple Simon

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2017, 02:58:20 AM »
Staff office in a typical American primary school

"Ok headmaster we need to order some stock books for the library"
"Great, what do we need, remember we have to watch our budget this year, only the essentials"
"I would like the works of Shakespeare, some books on popular mechanics and engineering and a steroid manual"
"A steroid manual, why would we need that?"
"Why headmaster its essential reading for 2nd graders to improve their understanding of steroids and their usage"
We cant afford all those, tell you what, cancel the Shakespeare volumes and get some additional books on substance abuse to go with the steroids, we should really start churning out some well adjusted individuals"

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2017, 04:52:14 AM »
I've wrote a lot about Jeff on here through the years and trained with him a few times.

Here is his linkedin

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffrey-king-3491644a/

He is a Dr of physical therapy and a part time police officer.

Attached bio link. He is very lean/thin now and had some residual spine issues from bodybuilding.

http://point-foundation.org/uploads/2014King.pdf

Dr. of physical therapy, then a police officer?  I figure a Dr of physical therapy would make bank, why would you want a shit job like being a cop?