Author Topic: Bob Chick please discuss the rampand usage of Steroids and the side effects  (Read 5008 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
I bashed you recently, but I'm on your side now.

Can't take this pathetic whining from these people.

Hope this helps.

sucking up to the boss

donation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
this post requires chick to "man up" and not dance around the truth.

therefore he will not respond.

Chick,
Would you let your son or daughter ever compete in competitive bodybuilding knowing that it takes so many drugs to get to the highest level?  What someone does to his or her own body to get to their goal is one thing.  But when it is your own flesh and blood I think a parent takes on a different approach.  As you already know as a parent, not much of a day or night goes by without thinking about the health and welfare of your child.  It's only normal to want better for your child or children then your parents were able to do for you.  As they get older the concerns just become more complicated but the worrying never stops.  Just wonder what you would tell your son or daughter if they ever were to come to you regarding this or any other sport that they might consider taking performance enhancing drugs?

Stark

• Getbig V
this post requires chick to "man up" and not dance around the truth.

therefore he will not respond.

I don't think he can even if he wants to

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Don't ask the Hard questions TIMEOUT could be you next post.Bob has the Power just Don't ask about IFBB Drug Rule or G4P or Contest Prize money and or any IFBB Rules.All these years here and Bob MELTS like a Child when asked about Normal IFBB behavior. :'( Oh and DON'T mention Milos.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Chick,
Would you let your son or daughter ever compete in competitive bodybuilding knowing that it takes so many drugs to get to the highest level?  What someone does to his or her own body to get to their goal is one thing.  But when it is your own flesh and blood I think a parent takes on a different approach.  As you already know as a parent, not much of a day or night goes by without thinking about the health and welfare of your child.  It's only normal to want better for your child or children then your parents were able to do for you.  As they get older the concerns just become more complicated but the worrying never stops.  Just wonder what you would tell your son or daughter if they ever were to come to you regarding this or any other sport that they might consider taking performance enhancing drugs?

I have a daughter...the chances of her becoming a female BB are zero.....dont have a son, so I guess I dont have to worry about it

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
Yes...I think it's a tragedy that all these football players, baseball players and other athletes have to resort to the use of anabolic steroids...especially since it's not like they're on stage showing their physique and getting judged on it..!

Oh...and for the record...I think Prostitution should be made legal

It is in England, but soliciting is illegal, no pimping or anything. I assumed it was the same in america.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
I have a daughter...the chances of her becoming a female BB are zero.....dont have a son, so I guess I dont have to worry about it
Good answer, Chickster. Foresee any awkward questions in a 'parents day' at school, one day? Maybe, little Billy Martinez in the front row asking what gauge needle to pin with?  ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Good answer, Chickster. Foresee any awkward questions in a 'parents day' at school, one day? Maybe, little Billy Martinez in the front row asking what gauge needle to pin with?  ;D

If "Little Billy" is asking about needles, it's HIS parents that need to be delt with

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
If "Little Billy" is asking about needles, it's HIS parents that need to be delt with
Ouch. Chickster's Tough Love: 1     dr. c's smartass: 0

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
It was a hypothetical chick.  Obviously your daughter is too young to worry about at this time regarding this particular issue.  But many competitive sports do involve performance enhancing drugs.  So the question is if your daughter or future son was ever to consider using these drugs, what would your response be to them?  Example your son is a sophomore in high school and wants to be the starting running back on the varsity football team next year.  He knows that the current starting running back has been using steroids and feels that the only chance he has of competing for the starting position is by leveling the playing field by taking steroids himself.  How would you respond to him?

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
Yes...I think it's a tragedy that all these football players, baseball players and other athletes have to resort to the use of anabolic steroids...especially since it's not like they're on stage showing their physique and getting judged on it..!

Oh...and for the record...I think Prostitution should be made legal
I agree. Baseball players taking steroids?? im sorry, but thats fuckin pathetic, they need to take steroids to swing a 5lb wooden bat? or however much a bat weighs. I understand steroid usage in other sports such as football, track, etc...but baseball players have no reason to be taking steroids at all.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
It was a hypothetical chick.  Obviously your daughter is too young to worry about at this time regarding this particular issue.  But many competitive sports do involve performance enhancing drugs.  So the question is if your daughter or future son was ever to consider using these drugs, what would your response be to them?  Example your son is a sophomore in high school and wants to be the starting running back on the varsity football team next year.  He knows that the current starting running back has been using steroids and feels that the only chance he has of competing for the starting position is by leveling the playing field by taking steroids himself.  How would you respond to him?

I would discourage him, since I never took them while in HS...actually, I was 21 when I decided to take the next step.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
I agree. Baseball players taking steroids?? im sorry, but thats fuckin pathetic, they need to take steroids to swing a 5lb wooden bat? or however much a bat weighs. I understand steroid usage in other sports such as football, track, etc...but baseball players have no reason to be taking steroids at all.

They have every reason to take them, as do many other athletes from practically every sport you can think of.....mainly, recovery and money.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
They have every reason to take them, as do many other athletes from practically every sport you can think of.....mainly, recovery and money.
I wish everyone would understand this

donation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
When do you plan to confess to your daughter about how you routinely broke the law (i.e. shooting illegal drugs) to make your "career"?

or will you lie about (requirement of drug users)

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
When do you plan to confess to your daughter about how you routinely broke the law (i.e. shooting illegal drugs) to make your "career"?

when do you plan to confess to your daughter about the randy antics in that men's restroom stall last night

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

or will you lie about (requirement of drug users)

laws do not always equal morals

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Bingo. Imagine being a top athlete and losing an olympic gold medal and all the trappings that come with it, or missing out on an olympic team, to an athlete far less talented who takes sh it loads of gear !! You are effectively ruining your chances of setting yourself up for life

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bingo. Imagine being a top athlete and losing an olympic gold medal and all the trappings that come with it, or missing out on an olympic team, to an athlete far less talented who takes sh it loads of gear !! You are effectively ruining your chances of setting yourself up for life

That applies ONLY to the Olympics and only a handful of Olympic athletes in certain sports get any fame and fortune (Kurt Angle won a gold medal in Olympic wrestling; he didn’t make JACK, which is why he joined WWE).

Plus, in America, there is no stripping people of anything. That is why players who win the Super Bowl always use the line, “They can NEVER take it away from us”. Jose Canseco used steroids during his baseball career. Did he get stripped of his World Series rings or the millions of dollars made during his career?

NO!

This may come as a shock to you. But, you can take steroids and STILL SUCK in athletic competition. If there’s a large gap between competitors, as far athletic ability and (perhaps) work ethics, no amount of drugs will compensate for it.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
That applies ONLY to the Olympics and only a handful of Olympic athletes in certain sports get any fame and fortune (Kurt Angle won a gold medal in Olympic wrestling; he didn’t make JACK, which is why he joined WWE).

Plus, in America, there is no stripping people of anything. That is why players who win the Super Bowl always use the line, “They can NEVER take it away from us”. Jose Canseco used steroids during his baseball career. Did he get stripped of his World Series rings or the millions of dollars made during his career?

NO!

This may come as a shock to you. But, you can take steroids and STILL SUCK in athletic competition. If there’s a large gap between competitors, as far athletic ability and (perhaps) work ethics, no amount of drugs will compensate for it.

You dont say ?
 ::)

knny187

• Getbig V

Call me inquisitive...but how does a parent tell a child what they can & can't do & they will listen to you 100% of the time?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You dont say ?
 ::)

You missed the point (the bulk of it, anyway). American athletes (in sports like basketball, baseball, especiall football) don't bite their nails about steroid use the way Olympic athletes do, because their titles and fortunes don't go away, once their anabolics use comes to light.

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
I would discourage him, since I never took them while in HS...actually, I was 21 when I decided to take the next step.
Would you discourage him after he hits his 20's from ever doing them?  Or would you tell him the proper way to use them?  Also what would you do if you found out while he was in high school that he was on them?  Obviously kids find ways of hiding things from parents.  You make it sound like well once you reach 21 its ok to take them.  I think the long term effects regardless of what anyone else says are far more detrimental than what the short term benefits are.   

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.

They always have the option of getting a JOB...like everyone else

So Chick.....were you a good friend to Tom P, back in your training partner days....and admonish him to get a real job instead of relying on g4p for fast cash?

M!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
So Chick.....were you a good friend to Tom P, back in your training partner days....and admonish him to get a real job instead of relying on g4p for fast cash?

M!

TP had contracts from when he was an amateur with Met-Rx...