Author Topic: Health foods & testosterone  (Read 3384 times)

Heywood

• Getbig IV
Health foods & testosterone
« on: April 29, 2008, 10:24:44 AM »
Are there any health food store products that provide a natural increase in testosterone?

Nicrah

• Getbig II
Re: Natural Testosterone Boosters
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:50:20 AM »
The best I have used is Stak 2 by Universal, Animal Test by Universal, and TZ3 by Scifit.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Health foods & testosterone
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »
no but the grocery store has red meat, whole eggs, and other foods like olives  tha all do wondeful things for testosterone./

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 11:24:19 AM »
I agree, go get yourself a bottle of olive oil and put it on all your food.  Else if you want something that will raise your test levels get Novedex XT by gaspari. Take 2-4 at night before bed.  Within 2 weeks you will notice a big difference.  The stuff also has anti aromatise stuff.  It will wife out any Estrogen in your system. In my expeirence the result is you will have no sex drive and not really care.  If you do anything for a job that requires creativity I would advise against it.  Estogen is needed for emotional creative stuff. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:47:26 AM »
I agree, go get yourself a bottle of olive oil and put it on all your food.  Else if you want something that will raise your test levels get Novedex XT by gaspari. Take 2-4 at night before bed.  Within 2 weeks you will notice a big difference.  The stuff also has anti aromatise stuff.  It will wife out any Estrogen in your system. In my expeirence the result is you will have no sex drive and not really care.  If you do anything for a job that requires creativity I would advise against it.  Estogen is needed for emotional creative stuff. 

it is atd which is an anti aromatase, thats how it works.

nettle root in bulk powder is good, alont with eurycoma longolifia and a few other supps. but nettle root is cheap and effective.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 11:48:55 AM »
nettle root works as anti aromatase?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:19:18 PM »
since ive got nothing else to do at the moment, darksole, and since it seemed like maybe you didnt have a complete understanding of how a product like novadex works..ill take some time and explain it bro.    :)

novadex is made up of ATD. ATD is a rather potent "anti aromatase". aromatase is the name of a enzyme in the body that converts testosterone into estrogen. the male body does not produce estrogen, but rather it produces an abundance of testosterone and uses aromatase to get its estrogen.  an "anti aromatase" like ATD simple "turns off" this enzyme, thus stoppiing your testosterone from being converted into estrogen

this boosts testosterone levels in several ways

a) the simple way...  simply, if your body normall produces 10mg of test, and converts 5 mg into estrogen, then you would have 5 mg test and 5 mg estrogen. but, turn off that conversion, and now youve got 10mg test.

B) now once your body has got 10mg test, and 0mg estrogen, your body senses it has no estrogen, and it starts to produce more testosterone in order to create estrogen. but since your aromatase is shut off, all that new testosterone stays testosterone. so, lets say it produced an extra 5 mg test, now you have 15 mg total test created, where as normally you might only have 5mg.

c) shgb is something in the body that "binds" to testosterone and renders it inneffective. so normall, you might have 20% of your testosteron innefective because it is "bound" to shgb.  but, the cool thing about increases test is that shgb levels are inversely proportional to test levels. so the more test you have, the less shgb you have.  the less shgb you have, the more test you have!

8)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 12:55:16 PM »
nettle root works as anti aromatase?

i beleive it works on LH.

suicide inhibitors are not all peaches and cream however.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 06:24:49 PM »
Thanks I appreciate your more in depth explanation of why the stuff works and how.  But I have a question for you.  Since you state that your body detects that it is lacking estrogen, and it makes more test so it can be converted, does this result is a continous climb of test levels?  Or does it eventually ceiling out?  Its kind of interesting how it works, as it tricks your body into making more test.  Didn't know that. Thanks again for sharing the knowledge

since ive got nothing else to do at the moment, darksole, and since it seemed like maybe you didnt have a complete understanding of how a product like novadex works..ill take some time and explain it bro.    :)

novadex is made up of ATD. ATD is a rather potent "anti aromatase". aromatase is the name of a enzyme in the body that converts testosterone into estrogen. the male body does not produce estrogen, but rather it produces an abundance of testosterone and uses aromatase to get its estrogen.  an "anti aromatase" like ATD simple "turns off" this enzyme, thus stoppiing your testosterone from being converted into estrogen

a) the simple way...  simply, if your body normall produces 10mg of test, and converts 5 mg into estrogen, then you would have 5 mg test and 5 mg estrogen. but, turn off that conversion, and now youve got 10mg test.

B) now once your body has got 10mg test, and 0mg estrogen, your body senses it has no estrogen, and it starts to produce more testosterone in order to create estrogen. but since your aromatase is shut off, all that new testosterone stays testosterone. so, lets say it produced an extra 5 mg test, now you have 15 mg total test created, where as normally you might only have 5mg.

c) shgb is something in the body that "binds" to testosterone and renders it inneffective. so normall, you might have 20% of your testosteron innefective because it is "bound" to shgb.  but, the cool thing about increases test is that shgb levels are inversely proportional to test levels. so the more test you have, the less shgb you have.  the less shgb you have, the more test you have!

8)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 06:34:54 PM »
Thanks I appreciate your more in depth explanation of why the stuff works and how.  But I have a question for you.  Since you state that your body detects that it is lacking estrogen, and it makes more test so it can be converted, does this result is a continous climb of test levels?  Or does it eventually ceiling out?   Its kind of interesting how it works, as it tricks your body into making more test.  Didn't know that. Thanks again for sharing the knowledge

yes there is a definite ceiling.  i am actually no expert man, i only have an elemntary understading of how this stuf works, so i cant give you any kind of "mg" limit that there is to the bodys own production.   and it varies from person to person.

but as i showed you, test is raised three seperate times(inhibits conversion, less shgb, and more production) . so it is a big boost, enough to make a difference.

snobum

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 07:06:18 PM »

8)

Mrs. Snobum here...What does this do to women then and is it effective on women? 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »
Mrs. Snobum here...What does this do to women then and is it effective on women? 
to be honest, i have no idea.

but i would not suggest you mess with your hormones, mrs sno bum. IMO, females look much better with out doing so.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 08:51:42 AM »
Any opinions on Tribulus products:

Quoted from an advertisement:  "Tribulus has been marketed because research performed in Bulgaria and Russia indicates that tribulus increases levels of the hormones testosterone (by increasing luteinizing hormone), DHEA, and estrogen. The design of these research studies, however, have been questioned. "

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 08:31:47 AM »

Quoted from an advertisement:  "Tribulus has been marketed because research performed in Bulgaria and Russia indicates that tribulus increases levels of the hormones testosterone (by increasing luteinizing hormone), DHEA, and estrogen. The design of these research studies, however, have been questioned. "

Trib won't raise test but will help with LH so you will get more WOOD! ;D  It is great for Libido for sure...

Van Bilderass posted a study in the hardcore board that showed Trib did not raise test..

Gotta love advertising  ;)

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 09:58:58 AM »
Am I correct in assuming that one should only take one product at a time, then note the results over 4 to 8 weeks, then try something else is needed? 

Or is there any benefit in taking more than one product at one time?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »
Am I correct in assuming that one should only take one product at a time, then note the results over 4 to 8 weeks, then try something else is needed? 

Or is there any benefit in taking more than one product at one time?

yes, its called synergy

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »

I would rather buy a bottle of peanuts... cheaper and contains more zinc and magnesium than Tribulus...
S

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
I would rather buy a bottle of peanuts... cheaper and contains more zinc and magnesium than Tribulus...
they are not claiminng it raises hormones via eliminating zma defecieny

it goes through lh

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 08:18:48 AM »
Regarding DHEA:

Any pros/cons or advice regarding DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), such as the capsules sold at GNC?

I haven't seen it mentioned much, and was wondering if it is not recommended.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 09:22:35 AM »

8)
Nolva for itself cannot do the trick... I might be wrong, but for nolva to act you have already to have an excess of testosterone being aromatised... isn't it? So with normal test production I don't think nolva can be that effective... but then again I can be wrong... I know for sure that with proviron things don't work that way, because  proviron can actually shut down normal test production in order to start being effective in your system... Once I tried Prov by it self, because I was tired and wasn't having enough testosterone being produced, well the result was catastrophycal, I got even worst... however nolva is EXCELLENT to bring back normal test production after a cycle and avoid aromatase even at 10mg day...
S

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 10:18:17 AM »
Nolva for itself cannot do the trick... I might be wrong, but for nolva to act you have already to have an excess of testosterone being aromatised... isn't it? So with normal test production I don't think nolva can be that effective... but then again I can be wrong... I know for sure that with proviron things don't work that way, because  proviron can actually shut down normal test production in order to start being effective in your system... Once I tried Prov by it self, because I was tired and wasn't having enough testosterone being produced, well the result was catastrophycal, I got even worst... however nolva is EXCELLENT to bring back normal test production after a cycle and avoid aromatase even at 10mg day...
NOLVADEX is an anti estrogen, NOVADEX is an anti aromatase. your talking about something different bro.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 10:23:18 AM »
NOLVADEX is an anti estrogen, NOVADEX is an anti aromatase. your talking about something different bro.

I thought you were talking about nolva... I never heard about "novadex"... well now your explanation makes sense.
S

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 10:54:11 AM »
Trib won't raise test but will help with LH so you will get more WOOD! ;D  It is great for Libido for sure...

Van Bilderass posted a study in the hardcore board that showed Trib did not raise test..

Gotta love advertising  ;)

MidniteRambo and I discussed something similar awhile back. He posted a study that said that Trib didn't raise testosterone levels. However, in this study, the "large dose" of Trib that the subjects were taking was 1.5 mg per lb. of bodyweight (that would be 300 mg for a 200-lb. man).

That's less than half of the average Tribulus capsule. Nobody who has reported any success with that supplement uses that little. I've used 1000-1500 mg of it per day, when I take it. Others have used even more.

If you're looking for inexpensive Tribulus products, Ultimate Nutrition is a great one. 2 capsules yield 1500 mg of Tribulus and a bottle usually runs for $25 or less.

Another product you might wish to consider is Vitamin Shoppe's Python. A 60-tablet bottle is about $10; a 120-tablet bottle goes for $16. 2 tablets give 500 mg of Trib, along with 200 mg of Avena Sativa, 400 mg of Urtica diocia, along with other ingredients. However, these tablets are more like large pills and taste quite bitter. I've used 4-6 tablets per day.

Give either product a try and see what you think.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »

So for what I have been seeing NOVEDEX (that is how it is presented) is even better than nolvadex... hummm... Even to be used as an anti-estrogen...hummm ... On its description it says that its use should be descontinued after 8 weeks... If it works the way you described it is the best supplement ever created... hummm again... ???
S

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 12:02:02 PM »
So for what I have been seeing NOVEDEX (that is how it is presented) is even better than nolvadex... hummm... Even to be used as an anti-estrogen...hummm ... On its description it says that its use should be descontinued after 8 weeks... If it works the way you described it is the best supplement ever created... hummm again... ???
  it works differently than nolvadex.  nolvadex stops estrogen from taking its effect. novadex stops your body from ever creaing that estrogen to begin with.

IMO, yes i would prefer to take novadex (anti aromatase) than nolvadex(anti estrogen). because in both cases, your body gets nothign from estrogen. but with ai, your body has more testosterone.