Author Topic: woah! best form on heavy barbell curls ive ever seen!  (Read 4903 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: woah! best form on heavy barbell curls ive ever seen!
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 03:53:09 PM »

HAHA!

I didn't even watch the clip but the Title had me cracking up!

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 04:00:13 PM »

I like "Pheasent under Glass" myself...  ;D

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 04:35:57 PM »
I like "Pheasent under Glass" myself...  ;D

haha, thx. posted it on my FB page..

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
haha, thx. posted it on my FB page..

Link?

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here

Genius

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 05:47:09 PM »
OFF-Topic:

"Rydell" - Swedish relatives?

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 05:49:31 PM »
OFF-Topic:

"Rydell" - Swedish relatives?

VERY GOOD! Yes Swedish...also Larsson.. half Finnish too.

Genius

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 05:56:30 PM »
Not a bad recombination at all! 

Good gene-pool!  :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »
The EZ bar, because it isolates the biceps much better, and puts the joints in a more natural angle. Having said that though..not all EZ bars are created equal. Some of them suck, the newer ones especially. Gimme an old-school one.  :)

i wouldnt say the ez bar isolates the bicep bette, it hits the brachialis more effectively, but not the bicep as a whole. barbell is more effective for the bulk of the bicep, as far as biomechanics is concerned.

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 10:48:56 PM »
your missing my original point, dipshit  ???

his form is good, I never said it wasnt..& this might be great for working the biceps, as we all have our own way of doing things.. however, the abdominal strain and pressure this is causing will lead to a abdominal wall tear. wearing a belt may prevent this, IMO

You don't have a fucking clue. If you think puny 135 barbell curls are going to cause an abdominal wall tear what would
a 500lb squat or deadlift would do to you? I think we can both agree that there would be greater abdominal pressure
with those movements right? I mean after all, you're a personal trainer. Oh wait, I forgot...you guys don't know shit either. If anything he might strain his lower back if he was doing the barbell curls/power cleans that I see guys doing in the gym. I do think you have good taste for a chick...Love almost any Martin Scorcese, Francis Ford Coppola, Stanley Kubrick film. Love Clint Eastwood, Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, to name a few. How many girls do you meet who say they love Marty, Bobby and Al. Don't worry you're a female personal trainer I don't expect you to know anything about training. Just keep training those fatties with your balls and all the other garbage you guys use.  More horizontal push ups on the smith machine fatty.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 12:18:32 AM »
Look, if my advice based on my own personal experience and the experience of others i train around doesnt mean shit to you all, thats ok w me. Ive seen it happen more times than I care to though. When your doing those heavy curls (doesnt even have to be that heavy) straining and hoisting that dead weight up from the bottom..then you feel a 'pop' just above your navel, and then a sharp pain that wont go away & gets worse, .. u can literally feel the split in your abdominal wall w ur finger..dont come whining to me.  ::)  --all I'm saying is that wearing a belt during heavy curls will help prevent this. Last f*cking time I'm gonna say it  :D  (some of you, I hope you go and learn this the hard way, sooner the better  ;D)

Now, all you 'certified personal trainers' in here can go back to studying your anatomy charts & your ACE books.

Hope this helps! :D

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
i wouldnt say the ez bar isolates the bicep bette, it hits the brachialis more effectively, but not the bicep as a whole. barbell is more effective for the bulk of the bicep, as far as biomechanics is concerned.

I hear you, but it is the un-natural and painful position of the wrists that concerns me. It is worse in some people more than others. The joint pain and possible injury and aggravation isnt worth it.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 12:22:05 AM »
I hear you, but it is the un-natural and painful position of the wrists that concerns me. It is worse in some people more than others. The joint pain and possible injury and aggravation isnt worth it.
ez bar sure is easy on the wrist, it depends on how wide you grip the bar if the barbell style is gonna be a problem.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 12:31:16 AM »
ez bar sure is easy on the wrist, it depends on how wide you grip the bar if the barbell style is gonna be a problem.

the shape of the bar too, where it bends..it seems most of the newer ones are designed to look shiny & pretty rather than be functional.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 12:32:09 AM »
Insomnia knows her stuff, you better get used to it little tits.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 12:39:43 AM »
Insomnia knows her stuff, you better get used to it little tits.

Thank you, Mars.

btw, your avatar is disturbing..

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 12:56:08 AM »
Thank you, Mars.

btw, your avatar is disturbing..

i'm still not convinced that women can actually be politically conservative.... just like I'm not convinced that they actually care about football (they don't even pretend with baseball for the most part0

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 01:03:56 AM »
VERY GOOD! Yes Swedish...also Larsson.. half Finnish too.

You do know that Swedes are complete morons (jævla skitstøvler hele gjengen!) and that Finns are primitive fucks? :D

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 01:20:06 AM »
Wow, I've really gotten under your skin havent I?  :o  calm down Gloria..sounds like you may have an inferiority complex with the 'competitor stars'. Its ok grasshopper, you will get there someday  ;)

I'm only giving advice based on my own personal preferences, injuries, experiences in the 14 years I've been training as a natural bodybuilder.  :)  Not everything can be learned in a anatomy textbook, sweetheart   :-*...some will disagree w me...but take it or leave it! As you said earlier.. my advice is 'free' .. so your feelings shouldnt be hurt too bad.  :-[  :'(

BTW..Tell me how someone with the name 'disco-stu' should be giving out training advice   ???

<---(epic overuse of smileys--meltdown)

the only reason people like yuourself get under my skin is that there's a whole load of your types around- and a major proportion of them post here.

my handle has nothing to do with whtehr i should or could give advice, however my 25 years training and sports science degree says that you are a moron.

thats why. oh, and the fact that what i wrote can be tracked down to be actually correct- factual, on the internet under the scrutiny of not only monkey BB's, but also experts whereas, yours is easily argued away by a gym monkey.

you can get together with your groupies and spoon each other if that makes you feel good.

still doesnt change the fact that you are dishing out crap advice for free... thats the bit that really shits me.

the guy in the video's doing everything right and you rag on him..

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 01:27:17 AM »
The idea behind the EZ bar is that is does not compromise the elbow joints as much as a straight bar. The EZ Curl bar is useful for any exercise that puts excessive pressure on the wrists or elbows.

If you are curling a straight bar with heavy weights, or weights that may be too heavy for you, the tension on the biceps is minimized and is placed elsewhere. This "elsewhere" would be the wrist and elbow joints. The elbow joint does not just move the  arm straight up and down. If the wrists are supinated, the elbow travels upward and away from the body in its natural path of direction. A straight bar with heavy weights will force the arms to move straight up and down, taking away from the natural directional preference of the elbow joint. The joints of the elbows are then "compromised" and forced to do something that is unnatural and dangerous.

When you are young and full of cum... I mean test and D-bol, you won't notice. When you get older and you've stuck to your straight arm heavy bar curls, your elbows will be lettin' you know fo sho.

One of you bastages is gonna be crowned the next training board mod... I can see it now.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 01:29:01 AM »

more bullshit.

there's only a small portion of the ROM that puts the wrist in a mechanically disadvantageous position. not the entire ROM. Also, it can be exacerbated by the spacing of the hands. Work within those restrictions and your'e fine. The total time spent in that uncomfortable position does not outweigh the limitsations of using an EZ curl bar, which is most definitely an arm builder, but its split across biceps and brachs.

the only natural movement is using DB or handles with cables, and even then the cables apply too much weight throughout the ROM.

as Nautilus always said- there is a CAM for every single individual.

i love how anyone who hasnt got any formal qualifications always goes for the "books" insult. OK, so how do we understand how the body works without books then?...or anything for that matter?... do we dig up corpses?...its not 1735 you know!

there's a thing called - not reinventing the wheel..it means that we learn from fact that others have discovered. There is a difference in that we dont learn from other's speculation and guesswork..which is what "experience" is unless it is structured.

you really need to learn to question your assumptions and conclusions more thoroughly and not just rely on what you think..as its often wrong. you need to combine your experience with research, and then test to make sure that you actually do understand it.

shall i go on schooling you sweetie?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 01:30:05 AM »
the only reason people like yuourself get under my skin is that there's a whole load of your types around- and a major proportion of them post here.

my handle has nothing to do with whtehr i should or could give advice, however my 25 years training and sports science degree says that you are a moron.

thats why. oh, and the fact that what i wrote can be tracked down to be actually correct- factual, on the internet under the scrutiny of not only monkey BB's, but also experts whereas, yours is easily argued away by a gym monkey.

you can get together with your groupies and spoon each other if that makes you feel good.

still doesnt change the fact that you are dishing out crap advice for free... thats the bit that really shits me.

the guy in the video's doing everything right and you rag on him..

Shit, how old are you? ;D

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2009, 01:30:52 AM »
The idea behind the EZ bar is that is does not compromise the elbow joints as much as a straight bar. The EZ Curl bar is useful for any exercise that puts excessive pressure on the wrists or elbows.

If you are curling a straight bar with heavy weights, or weights that may be too heavy for you, the tension on the biceps is minimized and is placed elsewhere. This "elsewhere" would be the wrist and elbow joints. The elbow joint does not just move the  arm straight up and down. If the wrists are supinated, the elbow travels upward and away from the body in its natural path of direction. A straight bar with heavy weights will force the arms to move straight up and down, taking away from the natural directional preference of the elbow joint. The joints of the elbows are then "compromised" and forced to do something that is unnatural and dangerous.

When you are young and full of cum... I mean test and D-bol, you won't notice. When you get older and you've stuck to your straight arm heavy bar curls, your elbows will be lettin' you know fo sho.

One of you bastages is gonna be crowned the next training board mod... I can see it now.

exactly. which is why the straight bar is fine for a limited ROM as it fits into that "path".

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009, 01:31:49 AM »

Shit, how old are you? ;D

do you need help?

surely you can work it out...i would have to be over 40, right?