Author Topic: Contest Dieting  (Read 34730 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Contest Dieting
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2007, 01:54:49 PM »
Well your right, Im really there right now.  weighed 193 yesterday I just have to lose the water and will be ready to roll.  I drop weight like crazy right now so I have cut back on my cardio and actually ate a little more yesterday.  I will just watch the mirror now, as I will make my weight no problem but just dont want to drop too much weight now.

My bud who is also doing this show and has one some titles (you may have seen him in that altoids ad that said "nice altoids" it was an ad they had that showed a BB in a front lat spread I think)  but anyhow the dude was trying to get me to understand that I cant be afraid to eat right now.  And hes right people sometimes really cut cals at this point and flattenout.  So we will see.  Just wanna keep the stress away and be relaxed and do what I do.  Cause I know what it takes.    :)

Hope to get somemore pics up this week!
Just a few more days L2H!!!  :D
:D Weee

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2007, 02:15:57 PM »
Just a few more days L2H!!!  :D

Thanks Laura! I know its down to the wire. But I have done my homework and will be ready to roll.  :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2007, 09:01:46 PM »
Some pics from tonight, Time to do this for real!  8)  I know I post this pose a lot but it is a good one for me to evaluate my conditioning.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »
A couple more. pics are not uploading too good tonight.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2007, 03:55:12 AM »
WOW Luv, you are covered in veins!!   :o
Abs are in, legs are SICK, back looks great, and your waist looks nice and small from behind.

Slap some color on and get on stage baby!!!   8)

:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2007, 04:52:04 AM »
WOW Luv, you are covered in veins!!   :o
Abs are in, legs are SICK, back looks great, and your waist looks nice and small from behind.

Slap some color on and get on stage baby!!!   8)

;D Thanks rip!  Yeah after I get on my color and dry out the rest of the way.....its on!

BTW way a ? for the ladies what kind of tanning dye do you guys like the most and why.  I have always used Pro Tan but have heard Jan Tana is very good?  Any others you guys might like and what is your preference?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »
;D Thanks rip!  Yeah after I get on my color and dry out the rest of the way.....its on!

BTW way a ? for the ladies what kind of tanning dye do you guys like the most and why.  I have always used Pro Tan but have heard Jan Tana is very good?  Any others you guys might like and what is your preference?

I have used both...both have their plus's and minus's and I have gone back and forth as to which one I like better, but in the end, I think it's Protan for me, esp for BB.  If you use Jan Tana, go with the "On Stage."

Pro tan is a total pain in the ass to apply and it takes alot of coats.  But it soaks into the skin WAY better than Jan Tana, which is good for BB, as you don't have to worry about sweating it off during the show, and sometimes stuff that sits on your skin can smooth you out a little. 
Jan Tana is much easier to apply and takes fewer coats.  It also has a self-tanner in it, so you get nice and dark from that too, which makes it really even, and it wears off A LOT better than Pro tan.

I think the way to go is LOTS of coats of Pro Tan, starting maybe two days before the show and showering a couple of times before the final coats.  At Jr Nats, I did the Pro Tan spray application and it was awesome.  I put a couple of coats on before, and then I did five spray coats over the course of two days, with a shower after the first two.

I know alot of people use Dream Tan as a top coat...I would only use the red color (#2, I think), not the bronze.  And for BB, be careful and don't apply it real heavy...I have seen sooooo many people literally melt on stage from Dream Tan.   :-\

Pro Tan also makes a GREAT finishing product, I can't remember what it's called, but it's a goop like Dream Tan that you put on before you go on stage as a top coat, and it serves as your oil....so you don't need to put on any oil at all. 

My other strong recommendation is to go VERY DARK.  If you are generally fair skinned, it's really hard to make yourself too dark on stage.  It's MUCH better to be on the dark side than the light side.  If you have any question about whether you are dark enough, put another coat on.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2007, 01:48:41 PM »
Hey Luv,

whats ur supplement regimine like????

Your very lean btw, good luck

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2007, 01:52:23 PM »
looking killer bro, you're gonna do some damage

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2007, 02:20:19 PM »
Hey Luv,

whats ur supplement regimine like????

Your very lean btw, good luck

looking killer bro, you're gonna do some damage

Thanks guys!  I really appreciate it  :)

Flex my supps are really just a multi-vit, whey powder, EFA, extra E & C.  A fat burner, thats about it. 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »

I have used both...both have their plus's and minus's and I have gone back and forth as to which one I like better, but in the end, I think it's Protan for me, esp for BB.  If you use Jan Tana, go with the "On Stage."

Pro tan is a total pain in the ass to apply and it takes alot of coats.  But it soaks into the skin WAY better than Jan Tana, which is good for BB, as you don't have to worry about sweating it off during the show, and sometimes stuff that sits on your skin can smooth you out a little. 
Jan Tana is much easier to apply and takes fewer coats.  It also has a self-tanner in it, so you get nice and dark from that too, which makes it really even, and it wears off A LOT better than Pro tan.

I think the way to go is LOTS of coats of Pro Tan, starting maybe two days before the show and showering a couple of times before the final coats.  At Jr Nats, I did the Pro Tan spray application and it was awesome.  I put a couple of coats on before, and then I did five spray coats over the course of two days, with a shower after the first two.

I know alot of people use Dream Tan as a top coat...I would only use the red color (#2, I think), not the bronze.  And for BB, be careful and don't apply it real heavy...I have seen sooooo many people literally melt on stage from Dream Tan.   :-\

Pro Tan also makes a GREAT finishing product, I can't remember what it's called, but it's a goop like Dream Tan that you put on before you go on stage as a top coat, and it serves as your oil....so you don't need to put on any oil at all. 

My other strong recommendation is to go VERY DARK.  If you are generally fair skinned, it's really hard to make yourself too dark on stage.  It's MUCH better to be on the dark side than the light side.  If you have any question about whether you are dark enough, put another coat on.

Thanks rip awsome stuff there!  :) You had spectacular!! color for the JR Nats so your recommondations are very appreciated.  I always have gone with pro-tan too.  I will try for about 4 coats, 2 on thursday, shower friday morning and 2 more friday.  Im thinking that should do me, last show I did just 3 coats and want to be a touch darker this time. And you are right the darker the better, hard to be too dark.

I have always used pam for the oil and it works really well, spray it on light and blot it in even.  To be honest I go really light on the oil, some people go overboard with it IMO and end up looking smoother.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »
Thanks guys!  I really appreciate it  :)

Flex my supps are really just a multi-vit, whey powder, EFA, extra E & C.  A fat burner, thats about it. 

yea I dont think u need too much more than that for supps, I do like creatine though, and Im a big fan of dave palumbos lypolyze fat burner. Have u ever tried it, it works wonders.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2007, 05:33:35 AM »
yea I dont think u need too much more than that for supps, I do like creatine though, and Im a big fan of dave palumbos lypolyze fat burner. Have u ever tried it, it works wonders.

No, but have heard great things about it.  A figure comp I know uses that stuff and loves it!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2007, 07:07:26 AM »

Does it give you the jitters?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2007, 10:08:29 AM »
Looking ripped Luv!  Thanks for the updates and pics!  Will you have a friend taking pics at the show?  Please do and post them here!
R

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2007, 02:23:47 PM »
Looking ripped Luv!  Thanks for the updates and pics!  Will you have a friend taking pics at the show?  Please do and post them here!

Thanks STella, Yes there will be pics from the show  :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2007, 10:58:38 PM »

not at all, your body just gets a bit hot though............also the somalyze works great, u sleep like a baby on it, while your burning fat,cant really beat that

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2007, 05:05:38 AM »

"the jitters"  ;D  The fat burner I use seems to give me a little bit of jitters like a shake to some degree.  Especially at first but after you start to get used to it they are not bad.  See the thing is you want a fat burner that works round the clock, like what I use.  The ECA stacks do not.  The ones based on caffeine and herbs and that kind of stuff get my head spinning and I feel terrible when taking them.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2007, 10:19:34 AM »
You look great luv...can't wait to meet you next weekend.  If you want me to spray you with Jan Tana I am spraying people on Friday and Saturday morning at my house...  :) 
Jennifer

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2007, 02:08:02 PM »
You look great luv...can't wait to meet you next weekend.  If you want me to spray you with Jan Tana I am spraying people on Friday and Saturday morning at my house...  :) 

Well thank you very much BEAST!  Looking very forward to meeting you too!!  :)  And thank you big time for the offer!!  The show should be lots of fun!!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »

haha and here I was telling Luv how much more I like Pro tan!   ;D

Actually, Beast sprayed me at Team U for some photo shoots, and the Jan Tana is good for sure.  It's a bit oranger, maybe, than Pro Tan. 
Anything that you can get sprayed on is well worth it IMO, it's SO much easier.  Plus, you would have Jenny spraying you and that's a bonus in itself.   ;)

That somalyze sounds interesting as long as it doesn't make you feel like you do with the ECA stacks, I can't handle that.  I may give it a try, but Gaspari's Ctyolean is first on my list to try out.  Sources have confirmed that that one makes you feel high.   ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2007, 05:47:49 PM »
Plus, you would have Jenny spraying you and that's a bonus in itself.   ;)

You got that right Rip baby!

hoey

• Getbig I
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »
hi it's  hoey ::)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2007, 04:46:35 AM »
hi it's  hoey ::)

LOL Hi "hoey"   ::)

Luv...one more week!  More pics please!!   ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2007, 05:03:46 AM »

LOL Hi "hoey"   ::)

Luv...one more week!  More pics please!!   ;D

Well sure Rip here are a couple from last night  ;D  I had a high calorie day the other day cause I need to stay very close to this BW.  Wednesday I did no weights just some light cardio and I walked a little yesterday on treadmill after I trained arms.  I will train my body one more time till the show now, last training day will be Wednesday when I will just do a pumping arm work out and that will be it till comp.  Man that leg work out I did on Sunday had my legs relatively smooth till yesterday!  But they are popping again LOL