Author Topic: Gustavo Badell, Roc Shabazz guest post at NPC southeastern  (Read 2715 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Gustavo Badell, Roc Shabazz guest post at NPC southeastern
« on: June 17, 2007, 09:54:29 AM »
I attended the NPC Southeastern held each June in Gadsen, AL. It is a GREAT show and one of the best run in the area.
Gustavo was the headline guest poser. Overall he was a big disapointment I am sad to say.
He came out on stage white/pale as a sheet with no tan or pro tan on at all. He wore these little white socks on his feet which looked pretty bad. He was not in very good shape and lacked charisma or crowd appeal. I was surprised to see just how bad his pecs looked. I heard some remark how he looked NOTHING like his pics , which he did not seem to sell a lot of. He may be a great, decent man. But he failed to make any real effort to connect with this crowd.

Roc Shabazz is a new lower tier Atlanta based pro , starting his pro career after winning the recent Lt HVy class at the nationals. What a huge difference between his attitude and personality and Gustavo Badell's.
Roc still serves as an NPC judge and is very involved with the amatuer bodybuilding.I have judged with him a couple of time here in Ga.  He is now active in the dvelopment of youth fitness with a formal program. He has been featured in the recent FLEX and the next M&F. Roc had a really friendly demeanor and stole the show at this event. He did a creative routine useing 2 new pro fitness girls who served as opening act and dancers to add to his routine. He came out in a full cape with a neat looking batman face mask.Granted he was NOT in great shape, but he was BIGGER than ever and had awesome stage pressence. It was a valid attempt to bring some much needed , well thought out, entertainmnet value to a guest posing routine. He also exhibts an aura of modesty and not taking himself too seriously while still looking confident and together. I think Roc Shabazz exhibits what EVERY pro needs to do in order to make this sport better. Despite Badell's top tier pro rank standing ,his display table paled in comparison to Roc's. Badell satt there, with the a few 8x10  pics and his DVD. Roc on the other hand had a couple huge posters pics, his lovely wife, a huge selction of pics and some cool  t-shirts . I bought a t-shirt off him and they were a very reasonable 10 bucks .

Roc may not ever place as high in the O as Badell, but, I bet he will have more lucrative and memorable career.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Gustavo Badell, Roc Shabazz guest post at NPC southeastern
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 10:23:32 AM »
Great pics!!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 10:41:12 AM »
Overall he was a big disapointment I am sad to say.
He came out on stage white/pale as a sheet with no tan or pro tan on at all. He wore these little white socks on his feet which looked pretty bad. He was not in very good shape and lacked charisma or crowd appeal. I was surprised to see just how bad his pecs looked. I heard some remark how he looked NOTHING like his pics , which he did not seem to sell a lot of. He may be a great, decent man. But he failed to make any real effort to connect with this crowd.

Of course he looked like crap, he is too damn far from the Olympia to give two shits about his overall look.  Didn't you just see how Ronnie and Martinez looked on that 240 thread?  Too far out to care about what they look like due to bodyfat.

He came out in a full cape with a neat looking batman face mask.

Did you happen to read what you wrote?  A "neat" batman face mask!?!  WTF type of pro needs to go out wearing a "neat" batman face mask?

Roc may not ever place as high in the O as Badell, but, I bet he will have more lucrative and memorable career.

More lucrative and memorable career?  Keep dreaming.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 11:06:21 AM »
pics anybody?...
-

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 11:48:14 AM »
This thread is useless without pics.  Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 11:52:14 AM »

Not if he continues to get his head cracked open sitting in his car in the gym parking lot for pushing HCG off as HGH.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 11:55:57 AM »
'Howie W', why do you give a shit what kind of socks Gustavo was wearing? Are you into feet or something?

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 11:58:41 AM »

::)

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »

How could a 48 year old man type this ?  ;D

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 03:30:28 PM »
Not if he continues to get his head cracked open sitting in his car in the gym parking lot for pushing HCG off as HGH.
:o
Ron Paul 2012

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 03:56:19 PM »
'Howie W', why do you give a shit what kind of socks Gustavo was wearing? Are you into feet or something?
Ok sorry about the lack of pics but I forgot my digital cam.
You folks are missing the pt here. I am NOT saying Gustavo be in perfect shape, NOBODY expects that in this sport. It was a simple matter of his apparent lack of giving a rats azz and putting on a good show for the fans.
Wearing lil' socks and having no pro tan or any tan while being paid good $$ to guest pose is bad for us ticket buying fans. He gave me (and many others) the impression he was going thru the motions.
It is like having a singer make an appearnce , sing lowly and off key and come out dressed in a bathrobe and slippers with a "who cares" attitude.

Roc made a sincere effort to put on a good show and engage the fans. He was NOT in top shape either but his attitude made all the difference.

I have seen Ronnie come out with no oil on and wearing the same boots he walked in with on when he guest posed. Overall thse kind of "guest posing" makes pro bodybuilding look bad.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 04:08:01 PM »
This thread is useless without pics.  Discuss.
yes

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »
Why isn't the issue of very out of shape pro guest posers an important issue for fans?
Oh wait a minute??? Most here rarely go to shows, so obviously they could care less.
Howard

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 04:22:11 PM »
Why isn't the issue of very out of shape pro guest posers an important issue for fans?
Oh wait a minute??? Most here rarely go to shows, so obviously they could care less.
Howard
this sounds like a rare occurance Howard, to be honest every bb'ing show i've ever been to i've gone solely to see the pro guest posers and i've seen Levrone, Coleman, Nasser, Flex, Gunter, Claude Groulx and every one of them was in decent condition.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 04:26:37 PM »
howard, what is the best night show you've attended

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 04:28:25 PM »
this sounds like a rare occurance Howard, to be honest every bb'ing show i've ever been to i've gone solely to see the pro guest posers and i've seen Levrone, Coleman, Nasser, Flex, Gunter, Claude Groulx and every one of them was in decent condition.
I would say about 2/3 of the pros I have seen do a decent job as guest posers, but about 1/3 make the sport look bad in my opinion. The above guys with the exception of  Ronnie Coleman are all good guest posers from what I observed.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 04:32:20 PM »
I would say about 2/3 of the pros I have seen do a decent job as guest posers, but about 1/3 make the sport look bad in my opinion. The above guys with the exception of  Ronnie Coleman are all good guest posers from what I observed.
we met Ronnie in 2000 at Chad Nicholls Mo. State Championships in Springfied, MO and he told us he was 310 and he looked very good at that weight, remember that this is maybe two months before he filmed the Unbelievable and you know how he looked in that, i was VERY impressed with Claude Groulx of all people, very nice guy, very quiet and would not take a dime except for the guest posing fee from anyone, wouldn't even accept a ride to the restaurant from his hotel room and paid for his own food, very nice guy to talk to.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »
howard, what is the best night show you've attended

Best pro night show: 2004??? I think that was the yr,  GNC pro here in ATL where Dexter won, Jay took 2nd and Levronne was 3rd. The sound ,lights and MC along with the very deep quality of the lineup was awesome, great excitement.

Best small amatuer show I ever saw was a pretty obscure show that had the ol "wild child" David Dearth guest pose held in Morgan City ,La.He came out on a Harley and was dressed as a bad azz biker type and really put on an unreal routine. It was the NPC southern Louisiana about 12 yrs ago and the place rocked.
It was packed to the rafters , lots of local -rival gyms and everyone going for bragging rights, etc.
They sold mixed drinks and beer and it was like a fun but under control kind of party.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 04:55:43 PM »
Best small amatuer show I ever saw was a pretty obscure show that had the ol "wild child" David Dearth guest pose held in Morgan City ,La.He came out on a Harley and was dressed as a bad azz biker type and really put on an unreal routine
.      ;D