Author Topic: Bast's Training  (Read 16691 times)

Bast175

Re: Bast's Training
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 05:11:58 PM »
Bast why do you shrug? Its useless! I can do 500 pounds like its nothing but been getting better results with deads!

Yes but when doing deads you only work them indirectly.  You have to do shrugs to get full range of motion.

Also do them strict, you shouldn't be doing 500lbs. 

Bast175

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2006, 05:17:37 PM »
Max OT is good but I don't think you should be doing as low as 4 reps too often like they do.  The reason is you're gonna be more prone to cheating.

Their 'acclimation sets' (doing 2 reps) to warm up works well for me.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2006, 06:20:05 PM »
Yes but when doing deads you only work them indirectly.  You have to do shrugs to get full range of motion.

Also do them strict, you shouldn't be doing 500lbs. 

Excuuuuuuuuuuse me!!! I have the strictess form known to man and I am all mighty on traps exercises since I was a little boy holding groceries in each hand and walking miles home!!!

The bodybuilders with the best traps are usually super strong on deads take Ronnie or Johnnie!! Which do you think is better 800 pound deadlifts or 340 pound shrugs?

just push some weight!

Bast175

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 10:15:30 PM »
Excuuuuuuuuuuse me!!! I have the strictess form known to man and I am all mighty on traps exercises since I was a little boy holding groceries in each hand and walking miles home!!!

The bodybuilders with the best traps are usually super strong on deads take Ronnie or Johnnie!! Which do you think is better 800 pound deadlifts or 340 pound shrugs?

Ronnie does shrugs too.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2006, 08:30:33 AM »
just push some weight!

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2006, 08:02:20 AM »
Yes ur right he does! Which proves what ??? alexx once again talks, but says nothing ;)
We don't need u to make ppl feel insecure, the Mags already do that job better than u do!
P

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »
Hey, great training log! I'm impressed with a lot of your lifts. I'm creeping up on ya though! Too bad about your knee, man. How much longer do you (or your doctor) expect the knee to be effecting your workouts?

You have a very well developed physique, that's for sure, but I hope you're giving special attention to your back, traps and neck. You're back lifts are great though. Both chins and rows are very impressive. I'm totally jealous of your chins. That's one thing I'm not good at because I havn't given the lift quality attention until recently. It's been rows and deadlifts and then chins after all that.

And are you dieting for contest shape for the Mr. Getbig? I wonder how many competitors actually are doing that. I'm only trying to stay lean because I had just got off a grueling low carb diet a few weeks before I entered the Mr. Getbig.
~

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2006, 12:49:29 PM »
Hey Bast, i'm not sure if you mentioned this or not but how many years have you been training consistantly?

thanks

8)

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2006, 07:16:38 PM »
Yea I agree.  I'm not sure if I can improve my form on rear lateral or what.

I just weighed in at 181lbs (up 2lbs).   :)
To work rear delts best:
reverse pec-deck fly machine. Grad the machine handles if you can like you would a barbell [palm down] and pull, flexing your shoulders, and not your middle back.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2006, 06:02:45 PM »
hey bast dude. your delts are thick and traps are high. but i think u would benifit more doing presses then side raises first and traps at the end. your traps look like they are way ahead side heads. anyway not meant to flame just suggestion.  and have u been tackling brining up lower body for next years mr getbig?

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2006, 03:34:54 AM »
BAst bro im not as bit as u mass wise (taller tho), but i did do an exercise which made my rear delts alot bigger fairly quickly.
put bench on slight incline, lie face down on it with arms hanging down and grab to Db's. pull them straight up so ur bodys at angle but ur arms are travelling verticly up and down, this really hits rear delts hard!!

Do u train alone or with partner(s)?

You are alnost doing HIT with the single sets per exercise? I think i train as intensly as i can for sum1 that trains alone with with moderate volume. I do about 12 sets (or less) for big muscles and 9 sets or k=just less for arms/traps.

Just not sure if i could really do 1 set per body part?!
But all power to u bro, u look good!!

davie
It isn't the mountains ah