Author Topic: Mark Rippetoe can suck my dick  (Read 13795 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Mark Rippetoe can suck my dick
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
There is a ton of strength guys similar to Rip just as there is a ton of YouTube gurus like Blaha.

What separates Rip and Blaha from the rest is they seemingly have that "it" factor that makes them interesting once a camera is placed on them.

They could probably be talking about gardening and still make it somewhat bearable to watch.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »
weren't you the one who said you don't need to squat?

??? I squat once a week, minimum.

Find the post where I said people don't need to squat?

Reading doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

Fucking idiot.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »
Doesn't Rippetoe charge almost a $1000 for his seminars? :-\

Even a getbigger got shafted:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=545556.0

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2015, 10:50:48 AM »
as a beginner/intermediate squatter myself, I have found his stuff really helpful. 

especially the basic philosophy of building strength first, then worrying about physique goals.

I haven't seen him being a dick to anyone. 

on his forum I've seen him laughing at a young kid with a disc herniation and his 'my way is the only way' annoys the fuck out of me. Layne Norton is pretty much the only lifter I've seen who puts up big weights with his style, most of the IPF big lifters (and the monster oly lifters obviously) squat way differently. High bar / more upright is imo the way for 99% of people to squat in training THEN swap to low bar for competition to add another 50lb of leverage

guys like Chris Duffin don't have an ego at all and they are way way stronger than riptoe in his wettest dream.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2015, 11:30:04 AM »
on his forum I've seen him laughing at a young kid with a disc herniation and his 'my way is the only way' annoys the fuck out of me. Layne Norton is pretty much the only lifter I've seen who puts up big weights with his style, most of the IPF big lifters (and the monster oly lifters obviously) squat way differently. High bar / more upright is imo the way for 99% of people to squat in training THEN swap to low bar for competition to add another 50lb of leverage

guys like Chris Duffin don't have an ego at all and they are way way stronger than riptoe in his wettest dream.

Duffin is a fucking beast.  I may try some time training hi bar and then switch back to low come meet time.