Author Topic: IFBB PROS SWITCHING TO PRO DIVISION  (Read 7999 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
IFBB PROS SWITCHING TO PRO DIVISION
« on: March 02, 2006, 02:03:29 PM »
1. Gunter - If there is one guy to build an organization around, Gunter is probably the guy. He has been successful in landing a number of commercials. With his handsome mug, his charisma, and great smile, I think he is a sure bet to switch over. He believes he deserves better than he's gotten from the IFBB and certainly would give PDI a better and more impressive spokesperson than Ronnie "Marblemouth" Coleman.

2. Mustafa - This guy has a big underground following who are convinced this arab simply cannot get a fair shake in an IFBB contest. He's got more muscle than everyone else and no weak bodyparts, except for a wide waist -- which usually guarantees first and second in the Olympia.  Except when your name in Mohammed and we're at war with a guy named Mohammed.

3. Freeman - A big guy with great shape and room to grow, Freeman is stuck behind a large line of guys who have paid their dues for the past four-five years (Martinez, James, Anthony, Charles, Priest, etc.) plus the hot newbies (Alves, Dim, and Warren) and there's no way he surpasses those guys regardless of his condition or size. A switch for this guy would be a smart move.

4. Rockel - Frankly, this guy is a better looking and better balanced Lee Priest. He has no weaknesses and should kick ass, except: 1) He's not American; 2) He has no American sponsor; 3) He doesn't have American support. But his physique speaks for itself. He would be a good face and physique for a new organization.

5. Downing - Another guy who was always overlooked in the IFBB, he has an upper body as good as anyone's and his legs aren't much worse than Darrem's. He doesn't compete much lately, but he's another guy with a good smile, nice physique, and personality to be a good rep for the new org.

6. Sarcev - Milos, though not competitive anymore, has a lot of credibility in the industry and would be a good guy to bring to the new org as a head judge or upper management type. He wields influence and is respected by a lot of pros for his honesty. He also was treated unfairly by the IFBB and often abused by Weider into competing regardless of his health.

7. Kamali - The new org needs personality and this guy has it. His notoriety would add credibility to the PDI and as everyone on the inside already knows, the IFBB judges are tired of him and won't be giving him any more money ever again, regardless of his condition.

8. Arntz - Another guy who's been screwed by the IFBB, he also has a nice look and a physique that is worthy of placement in the top 10, but is purposely overlooked by the judges because of past indiscretions and deteriorating relationships with select judges.

9. Cormier - A guy on the downswing? Yes, but with the upside of having a lot of name recognition, great past placings, and a classic physique. The IFBB has already begun to put him into retirement (a la Nasser), so now would be the right time to make a swtich for Chris.

10. Caprise Murray - Every organization needs a freak and this guy is as freaky as they come. He doesn't have the physique that will get rewarded by the IFBB because he's a short freak and his lines aren't so pleasing, but he's got ridiculous proportions and is IMHO a guy destined to be relegated to 8th place at the big shows. He would be a good guy to bring over and it would be a smart move for him because the IFBB will never have him beat Branch (no matter how much better Caprise is).

There. I said it. Some of the above have been confirmed. Some have been rumored. And some should consider the switch.

Seacrest Out.

Special "Insider" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: IFBB PROS SWITCHING TO PRO DIVISION
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 02:20:31 PM »
Man I would love to see that but...:
1. I get the impression that Wayne D does not want to do this thing alone without any real backing.

2. I don't see any major $$$ market for a 2nd pro bodybuilding organization.

Trust me I think it would be great, but bodybuilding needs a better image to build a major $$$ fan base and TV contracts, etc
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 02:22:56 PM »
Man I would love to see that but...:
1. I get the impression that Wayne D does not want to do this thing alone without any real backing.
2. I don't see any major $$$ market for a 2nd pro bodybuilding organization.
Trust me I think it would be great, but bodybuilding needs a better image to build a major $$$ fan base and TV contracts, etc

DeMilla will get the $ as sponsors see the sport revitalized.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 02:25:13 PM »
Nice initial list.  This will be very interesting.  I bet Priest will be involved somehow,  I get the impression he does not give a shit about the IFBB but I think he and demillia have had a couple of disagreements in the past.  I bet alot of the European guys that show up for the Eurotour switch, hell they don't stand a chance in the IFBB so why not.  I'm hoping some ametuers that have gotten the shaft make the switch as well.  
nasser=piece of shit

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 02:36:35 PM »
Nice initial list.  This will be very interesting.  I bet Priest will be involved somehow,  I get the impression he does not give a shit about the IFBB but I think he and demillia have had a couple of disagreements in the past.  I bet alot of the European guys that show up for the Eurotour switch, hell they don't stand a chance in the IFBB so why not.  I'm hoping some ametuers that have gotten the shaft make the switch as well.  

That almost begs the question--will Federov sign up?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 02:52:24 PM »
Why would Fedorov sign up? He's a Weider/IFBB creation. I would suspect we won't see any Weider crossovers, with one notable exception...

Special "Deepthroat" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 02:54:34 PM »
Muscle Mayhem has a 71min audio interview with Wayne that you can listen to. I sounds like he has everything in line.

seanashbrook

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 02:54:41 PM »
nice list. like to see ruhl go too. think he could dominate with freaky size ala no ronnie.
personalfitnessconsulting

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 03:04:13 PM »
He is going to have the Night of Champions this year....it will be good for the athletes...competition between the organizations can only help!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 03:11:34 PM »
Weider has been greedy.  Time to reap what they so.   Wayne helped put everyone else out of business. He has the skills and he has the motivation.

seanashbrook

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 03:15:08 PM »
weider is the anti-christ.makes billions on his magazine;makes dollars and pays dimes. the master blaster will kick the can soon tho and someone else will f*ck the althletes out of money. hope the new division lasts longer than mcmahons "XFL"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 03:17:56 PM »
weider is the anti-christ.makes billions on his magazine;makes dollars and pays dimes. the master blaster will kick the can soon tho and someone else will f*ck the althletes out of money. hope the new division lasts longer than mcmahons "XFL"

yep. he did the math, and realized keeping the winning lineups stead is good for their prima donna egos, and allows weider to pay them less.

demilla is going to beat them down.  Hello, gunter.  You are the perfect face for this new league.

The interesting part- which top amateurs and world champs will jump to Pro Division?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 03:19:28 PM »

The Weiders don't own the mags anymore. How old are they, 80's? Like you said, neither one of them will be living that much longer.

What this situation is really about is who gets to f*ck the athletes out of money in the future: Jim Manion or Wayne Demillia.
Ron: "I am lazy."

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 03:29:01 PM »
Some of these comments seem to infer that competitive bodybuilders will be banned from the IFBB for competing in a new organzation.

Many years ago the NPC lost that fight in court which allowed the amateurs to compete in any organization's contest without banishment from the NPC, but the court "failed" to consider the same situation among the pro ranks (IFBB).

Can anyone provide the facts regarding this past legal battle and how it affected the pros (if it did at all)?

Thanks

seanashbrook

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 03:32:29 PM »
even if they passed it for the pros they would NEVER get judged fairly again. not that they do now...but it would be magnified.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 03:37:26 PM »
Great list, but you guys need to realize that there a lot of up and coming amatuers that will also try to turn pro and will also get their pro cards from the past shows that they ahve already won. Of course, THERE IS NO NEW ORGANIZATION! IT'S ALL HERESAY.  ::)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 04:49:24 PM »
Listened to the mayhem podcast...

I think wayne will get many guys VERBALLY promising to compete in his night of champions in september.

I think wayne will get SOME guys putting pen to paper to commit to competing in it.

I think he'll have a LOT less of either group actually turn up on the day.

We all know that these contracts to enforce guys to compete are basically worthless from the lee preist incident.

And since pro division is a corporation and not a sports federation the only recourse for wayne will be to sue these guys for breach of contract as an individual.

That raises another question...

If pro division is a corporation and not a federation then the athletes would have to be considered employees of that corporation wouldn't they? and as such would/should be PAID for their employemnt from the start shouldn't they?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 05:03:01 PM »
If pro division is a corporation and not a federation then the athletes would have to be considered employees of that corporation wouldn't they? and as such would/should be PAID for their employemnt from the start shouldn't they?

There are plenty of jobs where you don't get paid until you deliver the service. 

The new division could give them all a dollar a year salary to get around it anyway, if they felt the need.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 05:21:22 PM »
Listened to the mayhem podcast...
I think wayne will get many guys VERBALLY promising to compete in his night of champions in september.
I think wayne will get SOME guys putting pen to paper to commit to competing in it.
I think he'll have a LOT less of either group actually turn up on the day.
We all know that these contracts to enforce guys to compete are basically worthless from the lee preist incident.
And since pro division is a corporation and not a sports federation the only recourse for wayne will be to sue these guys for breach of contract as an individual.

Dude, give it up already. You're clueless and showing how very dumb you are.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 05:26:58 PM »

The IFBB pro division is a corporation, not a federation.   Some bodybuilders are under contract with the IFBB. 

and regarding the Weiders, Joe owned the magazine empire, but sold it, Ben has the IFBB.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 05:29:15 PM »
There are plenty of jobs where you don't get paid until you deliver the service. 
The new division could give them all a dollar a year salary to get around it anyway, if they felt the need.
Thats a good example...

A guy does his service for this corporation (ie. spends HIS money and competes in the night of champions) and then has to WIN his salary?

Would you do some plumbing for a building company then have to compete against the other plumbers on the contruction site and only the one plumber with the best work as deemed by the CEO of the building company gets ALL the wages owed to all the plumbers?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »
The IFBB pro division is a corporation, not a federation.   Some bodybuilders are under contract with the IFBB. 
and regarding the Weiders, Joe owned the magazine empire, but sold it, Ben has the IFBB.

I'd like to see the legal papers on that one... I'd bet the IFBB is all under one blanket sports federation

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 05:33:33 PM »
Dude, give it up already. You're clueless and showing how very dumb you are.
I think your belief that your friend Shari is a good bodybuilder shows your intelligence...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 05:45:32 PM »
Thats a good example...
A guy does his service for this corporation (ie. spends HIS money and competes in the night of champions) and then has to WIN his salary?
Would you do some plumbing for a building company then have to compete against the other plumbers on the contruction site and only the one plumber with the best work as deemed by the CEO of the building company gets ALL the wages owed to all the plumbers?

Sure.  Suppose Ronnie Coleman wanted a website.  He could email me and ten competitors, and tell us all to give him a sample workup of what our product would look like.  We'd all give him a sample page, and a price.  He'd only choose one of us.  The rest of us would have lost time, money, and other resources on TRYING to win the deal.

It's like that with advertising too. We all spend the dollars, but only some of us get a return on this investment.

These men are all working on a product (their physique) to present a bid for a win and a cash prize. In addition, they also receive an avenue for delivering their physique to the public, which gives them more bargaining power in negotiating endorsement money and winning jobs in other area.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 05:54:20 PM »
Sure.  Suppose Ronnie Coleman wanted a website.  He could email me and ten competitors, and tell us all to give him a sample workup of what our product would look like.  We'd all give him a sample page, and a price.  He'd only choose one of us.  The rest of us would have lost time, money, and other resources on TRYING to win the deal.
It's like that with advertising too. We all spend the dollars, but only some of us get a return on this investment.
These men are all working on a product (their physique) to present a bid for a win and a cash prize. In addition, they also receive an avenue for delivering their physique to the public, which gives them more bargaining power in negotiating endorsement money and winning jobs in other area.
Yeah but they aren't bidding on a job they are doing the job.

They've signed a contract to do the work for a corporation.

Thats why pro division should register as a sports federation and be open to the same laws/benefits of such such as annual general meetings, votes on the board etc.

Obviuosly the IFBB is hopelessly corrupt and looks like staying that way but the athletes need to be wary of all the possible negatives under the pro division structure as it stands (ie. one person owns it...) For the current structure to be fair wayne should put people under employment contracts to perform a service for him (ie. compete in HIS shows and make HIM money above what he pays them...).

Sh1t that's what my little corporation that I'm the sole shareholder of is all about...