Author Topic: Just another reason why I hate "crossfit"  (Read 40026 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: CrossFit - Anyone else Hate it?
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »
This is the founder of crossfit by the way. Fat alcoholic.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »

Don't forget his biggest sponsor/partner is Scott Connelly.  The doctor of snake oil sales. Marketing Arginine as NO2 and charging idiots $50 for a $5 supplement rebranded.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »
It works for the women  :o  Just take a look at the Crossfit women thread.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »

Look at these worthless emo whores hanging onto the walking liver failure's nuts.
Louie Simmons more or less exposes the CrossFit idiocy... but seems subtle enough to not destroy all hopes of additional dime.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2012, 12:14:52 AM »
It works for the women  :o  Just take a look at the Crossfit women thread.

The anavar, clen and doing any workout pretty hard is what works. ;)

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2012, 01:30:11 AM »
3, 2, 1.  Then 3 again.

3 until i can go no longer  ;D

hmontaq

• Getbig II
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2012, 09:34:01 AM »
Crossfit? Nope. Doesnt bother me one bit...

Its the group of guys in their Tapout and Affliction crap rolling around on the matt in my gym that bugs me. MMA training? Whatever... Looks like two gay guys getting it on.
Getbig =Reality Show

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »

Its the group of guys in their Tapout and Affliction crap rolling around on the matt in my gym that bugs me. MMA training? Whatever... Looks like two gay guys getting it on.
train at home?

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2012, 01:20:31 PM »
Concern for Injury

A more pressing concern is the potential for injury. CrossFit WODs sometimes use Olympic lifts, like the snatch, for high repetitions when lifters are in a state of exhaustion. That worries almost everyone I interviewed.

"The problem has to do with fatigue and going to failure," says Stuart McGill, Ph.D., a professor of spine biomechanics at the University of Waterloo, Ontario. "Some exercises are conducive to this and others are not." McGill puts Olympic lifts in the "not" category.

"Repeating movements where form is compromised with fatigue really does not fit the philosophy of Olympic lifting to reduce injury risk and enhance performance."

Then there's the issue of coaching. "You can learn the mechanics of an Olympic lift in 2 days, but you can't develop enough of a proficiency to teach others," Krahn says. "The guy who's teaching you a complex movement may have very little knowledge about it."

Rhabdomyolysis is another health concern that's become associated with CrossFit over the years. "Rhabdo" can occur when muscles are worked so hard that the fibers break down, releasing the protein myoglobin into the bloodstream. In extreme cases, it can lead to kidney damage or even kidney failure. It's commonly seen in people with crush injuries, such as those from auto accidents.

Former U.S. Navy information systems technician Makimba Mimms was awarded $300,000 in damages from his local gym, the CrossFit affiliate training company, and his trainer for injuries he sustained during a CrossFit workout in 2005. Those injuries included rhabdomyolysis.

Rather than refute the association with potentially fatal injury—or at least try to change the subject—CrossFit has used it as proof of its intensity. The WOD that nearly killed Mimms was renamed "Makimba" and recategorized as a children's workout. The derision ignores not just the seriousness of Mimms's injuries but also the fact that no one is immune to rhabdo, including elite athletes. In January 2011, a local paper reported that 13 football players at the University of Iowa were hospitalized with rhabdo after a workout that included 100 squats with 50 percent of their 1-rep max. It wasn't a CrossFit workout, but it was in the same ballpark: a technically complex exercise performed for high repetitions under conditions of extreme fatigue.

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/fitness/inside-cult-crossfit?page=2

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2012, 02:58:34 AM »
It sucks balls across broad time and modal domains

LOLLL!!

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV