Author Topic: Couple brandishing an AR-15 and handgun at protestors  (Read 17091 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Couple brandishing an AR-15 and handgun at protestors
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2020, 10:39:44 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-missouri-ag-files-to-dismiss-charges-against-mccloskeys-i-wont-stand-by-while-missouri-law-is-being-ignored

It will be interesting to see how this power struggle between city and state plays out. Will it go all the way to the Missouri supreme court? Glad I don't live and pay taxes in St. Louis or Missouri. This seems like a waste of time and taxpayers' money.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2020, 05:58:18 AM »
How do you not hold a gun in a threatening manner?  Such bullshit charges against these people.  Another black c u n t trying to make a name for herself.  Maybe she wants to be Biden's VP

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2020, 06:02:10 AM »
How do you not hold a gun in a threatening manner?  Such bullshit charges against these people.  Another black c u n t trying to make a name for herself.  Maybe she wants to be Biden's VP
The 2nd Amendment states that you have the right to keep and bear arms as long as you do it in an unthreatening manner. ;D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2020, 10:50:47 AM »
Missouri attorney general dismissing case against St Louis couple charged with brandishing gun

One of Missouri’s top legal advisers will end a controversial lawsuit against a St. Louis couple who allegedly showed anti-police protesters they were armed.

Republican Attorney General Eric Schmitt is intervening in state Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner’s legal action against Mark and Patricia McCloskey, for brandishing a rifle. The McCloskeys took up arms when extreme “anarchist” demonstrators gathered outside their home on June 28. The weapon was confiscated after the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department searched the property.

“As Missouri’s chief law enforcement officer, I simply will not stand by while Missouri laws are being ignored,” Schmitt said in a video shared on Twitter. “That is why I am entering the case in terms of seeking the dismissal of the case to protect the rights of Missourians to defend themselves in their property under Missouri’s castle doctrine.”

The rule recognizes residents’ right to respond to intruders with force and without a duty to retreat because their home is their “castle.” If someone trespasses and disrupts the “sanctity” of their home, they intend to harm, and residents can ward off their advances according to the FindLaw website.

“The right to keep and bear arms is given the highest level of protection in the Missouri Constitution and their laws, which I am charged for protecting,” Schmitt said. “This includes the Missouri castle doctrine, which provides broad rights for Missourians to protect and defend their personal safety, and property against those who wish to do them harm.”

The attorney general described Gardner’s litigation as nothing more than a politically motivated move.

“The shameless circuit attorney filed suit against a St. Louis couple who, according to published reports, say they were doing just that–defending the safety of their property,” he said. “A political prosecution, such as this one, would have a chilling effect on Missourians exercising their right to self-defense. The law of Missouri is clear and must be protected … enough is enough.”

The remarks came after the Show-Me State Gov. Mike Parson said he would pardon the couple. “By all means, I would [pardon them] and I do think that is exactly what would happen,” he told 97.1FM’s “Marc Cox Morning Show.“

The governor believes Gardner’s intolerance and plans to sue the couple for choosing to exercise their Second Amendment rights appear to be more like a matter of pride than real law enforcement.

“Right now this is all about going after them because they did an awful act,” he said. “If that scenario happened I do not think they are going to spend any time in jail … “Kim Gardner is making the crime problem in St. Louis worse, stating, again, ‘elections matter.'”

https://theliontimes.com/politics/missouri-ag-eric-schmitt-will-dismiss-case-against-st-louis-couple-charged-with-brandishing-gun.html

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2020, 11:12:44 AM »
Missouri attorney general dismissing case against St Louis couple charged with brandishing gun

One of Missouri’s top legal advisers will end a controversial lawsuit against a St. Louis couple who allegedly showed anti-police protesters they were armed.

Republican Attorney General Eric Schmitt is intervening in state Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner’s legal action against Mark and Patricia McCloskey, for brandishing a rifle. The McCloskeys took up arms when extreme “anarchist” demonstrators gathered outside their home on June 28. The weapon was confiscated after the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department searched the property.

“As Missouri’s chief law enforcement officer, I simply will not stand by while Missouri laws are being ignored,” Schmitt said in a video shared on Twitter. “That is why I am entering the case in terms of seeking the dismissal of the case to protect the rights of Missourians to defend themselves in their property under Missouri’s castle doctrine.”

The rule recognizes residents’ right to respond to intruders with force and without a duty to retreat because their home is their “castle.” If someone trespasses and disrupts the “sanctity” of their home, they intend to harm, and residents can ward off their advances according to the FindLaw website.

“The right to keep and bear arms is given the highest level of protection in the Missouri Constitution and their laws, which I am charged for protecting,” Schmitt said. “This includes the Missouri castle doctrine, which provides broad rights for Missourians to protect and defend their personal safety, and property against those who wish to do them harm.”

The attorney general described Gardner’s litigation as nothing more than a politically motivated move.

“The shameless circuit attorney filed suit against a St. Louis couple who, according to published reports, say they were doing just that–defending the safety of their property,” he said. “A political prosecution, such as this one, would have a chilling effect on Missourians exercising their right to self-defense. The law of Missouri is clear and must be protected … enough is enough.”

The remarks came after the Show-Me State Gov. Mike Parson said he would pardon the couple. “By all means, I would [pardon them] and I do think that is exactly what would happen,” he told 97.1FM’s “Marc Cox Morning Show.“

The governor believes Gardner’s intolerance and plans to sue the couple for choosing to exercise their Second Amendment rights appear to be more like a matter of pride than real law enforcement.

“Right now this is all about going after them because they did an awful act,” he said. “If that scenario happened I do not think they are going to spend any time in jail … “Kim Gardner is making the crime problem in St. Louis worse, stating, again, ‘elections matter.'”

https://theliontimes.com/politics/missouri-ag-eric-schmitt-will-dismiss-case-against-st-louis-couple-charged-with-brandishing-gun.html

THIS!
Q

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2020, 11:31:14 AM »
I see both sides.

That couple in that instance were stupid. IF they were truly in fear, the smart thing to do would be call 911 and remain inside with weapons if you felt that necessary. To go out and stand in the yard without any cover IF you were concerned is ridiculous. Other neighbors have said they certainly didn't feel the concern this couple had. No indication that I'm aware of anyone stepped foot on their property. Something tells me they just aren't right in the head

Prosecuting them for their stupidity is just stupid. They were on their own property. While it was a peaceful crowd marching from point A to point B by all accounts, it could easily have turned into a violent mob as has been the case in other places. No one was slightly injured and if the protesters were concerned they should have left and called 911. To me prosecution is political

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2020, 12:20:13 PM »
I see both sides.

That couple in that instance were stupid. IF they were truly in fear, the smart thing to do would be call 911 and remain inside with weapons if you felt that necessary. To go out and stand in the yard without any cover IF you were concerned is ridiculous. Other neighbors have said they certainly didn't feel the concern this couple had. No indication that I'm aware of anyone stepped foot on their property. Something tells me they just aren't right in the head

Prosecuting them for their stupidity is just stupid. They were on their own property. While it was a peaceful crowd marching from point A to point B by all accounts, it could easily have turned into a violent mob as has been the case in other places. No one was slightly injured and if the protesters were concerned they should have left and called 911. To me prosecution is political

Cops wouldn't be there in time, they heard the gate crash and had to act in the now.

If i had an AR-15 and was in his place i'd fire at the Hoodlums feet. Leave or else i'd shout.
Q

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2020, 02:04:49 PM »

I'm confused: the article describes dismissal of a lawsuit but does not address the felony charges against the two.
The criminal case appears to be going forward.  >:(

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2020, 03:48:43 PM »
I see both sides.

Love your posts, Agnostic007, but it's sort of like a mosquito I want to squish debating with me on the philosophy of not doing it.

Might makes right, and in this case - the whole weight of state and federal law was on the side of the homeowners.

It is what it is.

I don't personally own a gun, but I am, at any given time, 48 hours away from acquiring one illegally should I want to.  And because in Canada, our pussy government is too moronic to grasp that 70% of American gun violence is Black and Hispanic, and that Caucasians whether unarmed, or armed to the tits, have a homicide rate of roughly 2.0 per 100,000 citizens per year, it makes it VERY hard to get a gun in Thunder Bay.

And WTF difference does it make HOW people die or commit suicide?  For example, in the USA, the White American and White Canadian suicide rates are almost identical [literally, no statistical disparity in the rates] - but it's somehow a good thing that White people in Canada slit their wrists improperly and bleed out painfully or screw up trying to hang themselves, and end up with brain damage when someone finds them 10 minutes later turning blue?

Bottom line - more guns in the hands of Whites DOES NOT increase homicide under North American conditions.  And it works wonders from preventing political actors from overstepping boundaries and violating our rights.

And in defense of Black Americans, I suspect that roughly 50% of Black homicides are drug- or gang-related.

I would go out and buy a gun and post it on Getbig with a note that said "VINCE GOOD GUY" on it, if it tickled my fancy, but then it would just take one asshole reporting it to the Thunder Bay Police and having my home raided.

I have already made it clear, on Facebook, that I can acquire a firearm illegally within 48 hours, and IF any police officer raids my home because I have such access, I WILL buy firearms, post photos of them on Facebook, store them elsewhere, go through another raid, JUST TO TAUNT THEM AND PROVE TO THEM I CAN GET A GUN WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT.

My fundamental rights and freedoms will NOT be fucked with, and the mere fact that homeowners defending themselves when they were in fear for their lives, who did not harm a fly would even for a SECOND be so much as considered being charged, absolutely disgusts me.

And here I was thinking the USA has more rights than here in pussy Canada.  Guess not.

Shoot - even LEGAL gun owners in Canada get their homes raided over this BS!

My point is - I'm happy that I live in a country that still has some remnants of gun rights, and failing that, I'm happy that I - while having to pay double the price - could acquire a firearm illegally if needed.  Because - fuck all that red tape!  Or red and white tape.  To think that even red, white, and blue tape is a thing these days.  WTF has the USA become?!

But - back to your point: yes, we can discuss the nuance of this all we want, but it just doesn't matter.  What the couple did was legal, shitty firearm handling and everything [and I saw that as the #2 marksman with the C7 Assault rifle, Canada's M-16, in my Basic Training course for the army in the year 2000].

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »
Love your posts, Agnostic007, but it's sort of like a mosquito I want to squish debating with me on the philosophy of not doing it.

Might makes right, and in this case - the whole weight of state and federal law was on the side of the homeowners.

It is what it is.

I don't personally own a gun, but I am, at any given time, 48 hours away from acquiring one illegally should I want to.  And because in Canada, our pussy government is too moronic to grasp that 70% of American gun violence is Black and Hispanic, and that Caucasians whether unarmed, or armed to the tits, have a homicide rate of roughly 2.0 per 100,000 citizens per year, it makes it VERY hard to get a gun in Thunder Bay.

And WTF difference does it make HOW people die or commit suicide?  For example, in the USA, the White American and White Canadian suicide rates are almost identical [literally, no statistical disparity in the rates] - but it's somehow a good thing that White people in Canada slit their wrists improperly and bleed out painfully or screw up trying to hang themselves, and end up with brain damage when someone finds them 10 minutes later turning blue?

Bottom line - more guns in the hands of Whites DOES NOT increase homicide under North American conditions.  And it works wonders from preventing political actors from overstepping boundaries and violating our rights.

And in defense of Black Americans, I suspect that roughly 50% of Black homicides are drug- or gang-related.

I would go out and buy a gun and post it on Getbig with a note that said "VINCE GOOD GUY" on it, if it tickled my fancy, but then it would just take one asshole reporting it to the Thunder Bay Police and having my home raided.

I have already made it clear, on Facebook, that I can acquire a firearm illegally within 48 hours, and IF any police officer raids my home because I have such access, I WILL buy firearms, post photos of them on Facebook, store them elsewhere, go through another raid, JUST TO TAUNT THEM AND PROVE TO THEM I CAN GET A GUN WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT.

My fundamental rights and freedoms will NOT be fucked with, and the mere fact that homeowners defending themselves when they were in fear for their lives, who did not harm a fly would even for a SECOND be so much as considered being charged, absolutely disgusts me.

And here I was thinking the USA has more rights than here in pussy Canada.  Guess not.

Shoot - even LEGAL gun owners in Canada get their homes raided over this BS!

My point is - I'm happy that I live in a country that still has some remnants of gun rights, and failing that, I'm happy that I - while having to pay double the price - could acquire a firearm illegally if needed.  Because - fuck all that red tape!  Or red and white tape.  To think that even red, white, and blue tape is a thing these days.  WTF has the USA become?!

But - back to your point: yes, we can discuss the nuance of this all we want, but it just doesn't matter.  What the couple did was legal, shitty firearm handling and everything [and I saw that as the #2 marksman with the C7 Assault rifle, Canada's M-16, in my Basic Training course for the army in the year 2000].

Agree
Q

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2020, 09:15:21 PM »
Cops wouldn't be there in time, they heard the gate crash and had to act in the now.

If i had an AR-15 and was in his place i'd fire at the Hoodlums feet. Leave or else i'd shout.

I'm not sure you thought that through. Had you done so you probably wouldn't have said it.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2020, 09:52:30 PM »

Also, Cops wouldn't be there in time, the couple heard the gate crash and had to act in the now.

If i had an AR-15 and was in his place i'd fire at the Hoodlums feet. "Leave or else!" i'd shout.
Q

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #213 on: July 30, 2020, 10:45:13 PM »
We have a similar problem of Soros lawyers and judges in the UK, all western countries need to pull together to purge these people by any means necessary.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2020, 11:40:38 PM »
We have a similar problem of Soros lawyers and judges in the UK, all western countries need to pull together to purge these people by any means necessary.

Yes!
Q

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2020, 02:03:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/JabariBrisport/status/1288935032908926996/photo/1

"A beautiful day to visit the homes of billionaires in the Hamptons with @marcelaforny
. The socialists are coming for your purses."

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2020, 08:40:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/JabariBrisport/status/1288935032908926996/photo/1

"A beautiful day to visit the homes of billionaires in the Hamptons with @marcelaforny
. The socialists are coming for your purses."

Hopefully, the walk to the billionaires home will help her drop some weight.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2020, 02:41:48 PM »
Hopefully, the walk to the billionaires home will help her drop some weight.

Q

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2020, 08:14:22 AM »
St. Louis' top prosecutor says she's charging couple who flashed guns at crowd marching to mayor's home

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner said Monday she's charging the couple who flashed guns at a crowd marching to the mayor's home last month, further igniting the gun-rights debate.

Gardner, the city's top prosecutor, said Mark and Patricia McCloskey will be charged with felony unlawful use of a weapon following the June 28 incident.

"It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner -- that is unlawful in the city of St. Louis," Gardner said in a statement. She added that she was recommending a diversion program as an alternative to jail.

In a statement to Fox News, the couple's attorney, Joel Schwartz, called the charges "disheartening."

"I, along with my clients, support the First Amendment right of every citizen to have their voice and opinion heard.," Schwartz said. "This right, however, must be balanced with the Second Amendment and Missouri law, which entitle each of us to protect our home and family from potential threats."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-mccloskey-charged-prosecutor-gardner-guns

Shut down.

Judge dismisses St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner from Mark McCloskey case

A St. Louis judge has disqualified Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner and her office from prosecuting Mark McCloskey's case, saying campaign fundraising emails she sent before and after issuing charges against the couple “raise the appearance of impropriety and jeopardize the defendant’s right to a fair trial.”

Judge Thomas Clark’s ruling comes about 6 weeks after the attorneys for Mark and Patricia McCloskey argued their motion to disqualify Gardner and her office from the case, saying her emailed solicitations for campaign contributions demonstrated she and her office have a personal interest in the case and jeopardized Mark McCloskeys’ right to a fair trial.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/kim-gardner-mccloskey-case-judge-dismiss/63-779eab2f-32d7-4f8e-b171-5d77307b89b7

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2021, 05:36:32 PM »
Missouri governor pardons St. Louis couple Mark, Patricia McCloskey after guilty pleas in gun-waving incident

The St. Louis couple who was famously pictured wielding guns as Black Lives Matter demonstrators marched outside their property last year received a pardon from Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, his office announced Tuesday.

The pardons for Mark and Patricia McCloskey, two attorneys in their 60s, were granted July 30. In total, Parson, a Republican, granted 12 pardons and two commutations.

"It's a correction of something that should have never happened in the first place," Mark McCloskey told Fox News of the pardons. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-pardons-st-louis-mccloskey-gun-waving

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2021, 05:50:00 PM »
Missouri governor pardons St. Louis couple Mark, Patricia McCloskey after guilty pleas in gun-waving incident

The St. Louis couple who was famously pictured wielding guns as Black Lives Matter demonstrators marched outside their property last year received a pardon from Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, his office announced Tuesday.

The pardons for Mark and Patricia McCloskey, two attorneys in their 60s, were granted July 30. In total, Parson, a Republican, granted 12 pardons and two commutations.

"It's a correction of something that should have never happened in the first place," Mark McCloskey told Fox News of the pardons. 

The governor said he would pardon them if convicted.  I hope that they have since taken a firearms training course.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2021, 06:04:45 PM »
Those people did the right thing..........I could go on with a long litany but it was just the plain old right thing to do.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2021, 07:48:25 PM »

Good for them. A step in the right direction

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2021, 07:53:41 PM »
I hope that they have since taken a firearms training course.

Looks like what they did had the intended effect.

Joggers take note. Don't start a civil war or risk running into some Eminems and Larry Birds that don't give a shit.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2021, 09:18:16 PM »
While it was a peaceful crowd marching from point A to point B by all accounts, it could easily have turned into a violent mob as has been the case in other places.

Did this peaceful crowd destroy a wrought iron gate to get into where they were?
Y