Author Topic: Ron Paul  (Read 15430 times)

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Ron Paul
« on: December 02, 2007, 01:18:09 PM »

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »
wrong board twink.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 01:32:29 PM »
Ron Paul 2008!
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 01:35:54 PM »
Ron Paul is the only honest man running for president.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 01:43:28 PM »
Ron Paul is the only honest man running for president.

I agree with that statement but some of his other policy choices aside from his stance on the war and guns makes me scratch my head.  He does exemplify the old school Goldwater conservative principles that I can appreciate though I am far from a conservative or liberal for that matter.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »
I've accepted the inevitability of national mgmt by corporations to ensure longterm viability.  We've seen MEX and RUS declare bankruptcy in last ten years.  Would hate to see it here.  With most of the candidates, we'll have the same cycle of corruption and warmongering and borrowing.  We won't feel it much when the new snake takes over.  But a Ron Paul Presidency would have huge huge impacts on our daily lives - for better or worse, I don't know.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »
I've accepted the inevitability of national mgmt by corporations to ensure longterm viability.  We've seen MEX and RUS declare bankruptcy in last ten years.  Would hate to see it here.  With most of the candidates, we'll have the same cycle of corruption and warmongering and borrowing.  We won't feel it much when the new snake takes over.  But a Ron Paul Presidency would have huge huge impacts on our daily lives - for better or worse, I don't know.
For worse. He is anti gay and pro big business. He is pro christian. He is no better then bush.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 01:51:28 PM »
For worse. He is anti gay and pro big business. He is pro christian. He is no better then bush.

Ron Paul will end the wars, stop the funneling of money to foreign countries, and end the IRS.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 01:52:19 PM »
Ron Paul will end the wars, stop the funneling of money to foreign countries, and end the IRS.

So will Mike Gravel except he won't opress women, gays, and allow unrestricted capitalism.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 02:00:48 PM »
So will Mike Gravel except he won't opress women, gays,

Neither will Paul...  libertarians oppose nearly all forms of government intrusion into people's lives. 

and allow unrestricted capitalism.

What's wrong with that?  You a pinko-commie or something?  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 02:04:18 PM »
How about this man in the oval office?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 02:05:43 PM »
Neither will Paul...  libertarians oppose nearly all forms of government intrusion into people's lives. 

What's wrong with that?  You a pinko-commie or something?  :D
Take a look at China and you will see what happens when unrestricted capitalism occurs. Libertarians hold the same views as social darwinists like John C. Calhoun, Sumner, and other pro slave supporters from his time. In the 1800's the messages of Thomas Paine, Thoreau, and many other advocates of freedom had their message changed from individual freedom to capitalistic freedom.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »
How about this man in the oval office?

He has the same problem Arnold has.

Even if he didn't, no way Americans would elect someone named "Nasser" in the current political climate.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 02:08:29 PM »
Take a look at China and you will see what happens when unrestricted capitalism occurs. Libertarians hold the same views as social darwinists like John C. Calhoun, Sumner, Sumner, and other pro slave supporters from his time. In the 1800's the messages of Thomas Paine, Thoreau, and many other advocates of freedom had their message changed from individual freedom to capitalistic freedom.

Unrestricted capitalism is good for me, therefore I support it.

It's also good for the country as a whole in the long run, but I agree in the short run it can produce some undesirable situations.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 02:08:54 PM »
So will Mike Gravel except he won't opress women, gays, and allow unrestricted capitalism.

Gravel is awesome.  But he attacked the other candidates so disruptively that he was kicked out of the debates by NBC skell Chuck Todd.  

Ron Paul is less obnoxious about it, and is the best choice out of the people running, if you want an honest candidate who will stop the borrowing to conduct elective wars, and end funneling of billions to foreign nations.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »

Unrestricted capitalism is good for me, therefore I support it.

It's also good for the country as a whole in the long run, but I agree in the short run it can produce some undesirable situations.
Is lead polluted toys, arsenic flavored drinking water, and lead polluted air good for you?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 02:10:54 PM »
Gravel is awesome.  But he attacked the other candidates so disruptively that he was kicked out of the debates by NBC skell Chuck Todd. 

Ron Paul is less obnoxious about it, and is the best choice out of the people running, if you want an honest candidate who will stop the borrowing to conduct elective wars, and end funneling of billions to foreign nations.

Ron Paul seems like a great candidate I like his idea we stay out of foreign affairs , after the war of 1812 the founder fathers wanted no more headaches from other counties problems and it worked well for a long time .

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 02:13:13 PM »
Gravel is awesome.  But he attacked the other candidates so disruptively that he was kicked out of the debates by NBC skell Chuck Todd.  

No, he was not kicked out for questioning the other candidates. He was kicked out because he is against the war in Iraq and GE has a huge investment in it along with MSNBC. Article 8 of the North Carolina State constitution states that if you do not believe in God you are disqualified from office. Soo much for states rights aye 240  :-\
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Legislation/constitution/article6.html

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 02:14:03 PM »
Ron Paul seems like a great candidate I like his idea we stay out of foreign affairs , after the war of 1812 the founder fathers wanted no more headaches from other counties problems and it worked well for a long time .
Do you want unfunded police and fire departments too? What about universitys. I mean MY GOD!!! Look at them violating our constitution. Such a horrible thing!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 02:16:29 PM »
No, he was not kicked out for questioning the other candidates. He was kicked out because he is against the war in Iraq and GE has a huge investment in it along with MSNBC.

Ron Paul has received extensive coverage on NBC and MSNBC despite being vehemently anti-war, and even suggesting Bush will use a fake attack to get us into war with Iran, ala 911.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »
Is lead polluted toys, arsenic flavored drinking water, and lead polluted air good for you?

No one is talking about completely dismantling consumer protection, just cutting out cumbersome, bureaucratic regulation that goes too far and does nothing but act as a drag on the parts of the economy that actually produce (unlike bureaucrats and lawyers, who produce nothing).

Ron Paul would be a huge step in the right direction.  Keep in mind, congress would still be the "status quo" lifers that are there now, so it's not like he as president could change things radically... he would just be in a position to influence things in the right direction.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 02:27:19 PM »
Ron Paul has received extensive coverage on NBC and MSNBC despite being vehemently anti-war, and even suggesting Bush will use a fake attack to get us into war with Iran, ala 911.

Uhhhhh did you just recently watch the debates? He got called on probably 3 times.

No one is talking about completely dismantling consumer protection, just cutting out cumbersome, bureaucratic regulation that goes too far and does nothing but act as a drag on the parts of the economy that actually produce (unlike bureaucrats and lawyers, who produce nothing).

Ron Paul would be a huge step in the right direction.  Keep in mind, congress would still be the "status quo" lifers that are there now, so it's not like he as president could change things radically... he would just be in a position to influence things in the right direction.
So you think publicy funded fire, police depratments, and universitys is a bad thing? Have you read the history books? This is the exact reason why we had a civil war. It might be a step forward for businesses but for science, technology, education, and the overall well being of the united states it is a step backwards. People like Hitler came to power from isolationist policies.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 02:37:49 PM »
Uhhhhh did you just recently watch the debates? He got called on probably 3 times.

Which debate?

On the Repub CNN debate from this week, he had way more than 3 chances to speak.  Probably 10 or 12 from best estimate.  He had some good exchanges and was allowed to go back and forth with McCain. 

As far as money, more military men donate to RP cause they want to come home.

In a new poll today, he's destoying Thompson 8% to 2% in Iowa and many insiders predict him to get 3rd.   This was Chris Matthews this morning on NBC. 

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 02:40:42 PM »
Mike Gravel is better.  Ron Paul is a republican.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 02:42:46 PM »
Which debate?

On the Repub CNN debate from this week, he had way more than 3 chances to speak.  Probably 10 or 12 from best estimate.  He had some good exchanges and was allowed to go back and forth with McCain. 

As far as money, more military men donate to RP cause they want to come home.

In a new poll today, he's destoying Thompson 8% to 2% in Iowa and many insiders predict him to get 3rd.   This was Chris Matthews this morning on NBC. 
He was not called on as much as the other candidates. Hell, Mitt Romney got more chances to speak and he sucks. Mccain is sucks too and he was destroying him. Don't get me wrong. I believe Ron Paul is a good guy and has honest intentions but to take us back in time before the Civil War is just silly. You still have not addressed the issues of losing public funding for police and fire departments, universites, technology and research, etc... Don't give me the 10th amendment bs either. Do you honestly think the state of Lousiana can fund itself? The only thing that will happen under Ron Paul politics is polarization of this country. Economic inequality has 9 out of 10 times been the main cause of war throughout history.