Author Topic: ARNOLD at his HEAVIEST  (Read 39554 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: ARNOLD at his HEAVIEST
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2008, 05:32:41 AM »
Great shots, Mr. Arnold Afficionado. He really looks freaky there.

I gotta say, he bulked up quite a bit for Hercules in NY, too. Around the same size as above. Quads appear to be slightly smaller though.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2008, 05:34:53 AM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2008, 05:43:17 AM »
he looked real big for that movie,a time when having muscle like that was acceptable and not considered just a drugged up look.he got on talk shows and was in regular magazines,cause he was interesting esp his personality ,he sold himself to public.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2008, 05:52:05 AM »
pollocks..that single bi shot w number 18 on  trunks same days as 68 U? he looks better there

also is this around same time giroonda called him a "Fat F---"?

Yeah, Moosejay. That pic is from the same day at the '68 IFBB Universe. Shot was taken backstage actually.

Moosejay

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2008, 05:53:40 AM »
Yeah, Moosejay. That pic is from the same day at the '68 IFBB Universe. Shot was taken backstage actually.

wow...looks leanner there...surprised its same day

Moosejay

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2008, 05:55:02 AM »
OK, GoneAway, you wanna go with "looking" the heaviest? Well, to me, his '68 IFBB Universe is where he looked the heaviest.

Shortly after the '68 IFBB Universe...

Pollux...who are the two gusy he's onstage with?

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2008, 05:57:37 AM »
wow...looks leanner there...surprised its same day

Yeah. He looks really good in that shot. Here's another backstage photo from the same event...

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2008, 05:59:06 AM »
Pollux...who are the two gusy he's onstage with?

I'd have to open up my Arnie Vault and grab the Muscle/Builder Power issue to tell you that. I don't know off the top of my head.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2008, 05:59:35 AM »
he looked real big for that movie,a time when having muscle like that was acceptable and not considered just a drugged up look.he got on talk shows and was in regular magazines,cause he was interesting esp his personality ,he sold himself to public.

exactly. can never express how much of a role PERSONALITY plays in life in general. i mean, if Arnold had a very regular personality and was trying to break into the movie industry and whatnot, as good a  movie star he was or physique he had, life may have been a bit harder to win people's affection and become the star he is today. but Arnold never had a problem winning anyone's affection. very charming guy from a very young age. i think it came natural to Arnold.

Moosejay

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2008, 05:59:43 AM »
Pollux...he is likely 2-3 weeks of hard dieting away from being the winner at that show.....didn't he lose to Zane by only one judge's vote or something?

Moosejay

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2008, 06:01:21 AM »
exactly. can never express how much of a role PERSONALITY plays in life in general. i mean, if Arnold had a very regular personality and was trying to break into the movie industry and whatnot, as good a  movie star he was or physique he had, life may have been a bit harder to win people's affection and become the star he is today. but Arnold never had a problem winning anyone's affection. very charming guy from a very young age. i think it came natural to Arnold.

GA...THAT is the whole deal in life.

It ain't whatcha know or how proficient you are...people will gravitate to you due to likeability.

If people like you...that is the #1 reason they will do business with you.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2008, 06:03:02 AM »
Pollux...he is likely 2-3 weeks of hard dieting away from being the winner at that show.....didn't he lose to Zane by only one judge's vote or something?

By one judge's vote? Ummmm...I can't recall off the top of my head. I'd have to read the July '69 issue of Muscle Builder/Power again. It has the '68 IFBB Universe report. I'll see if I get around to it.

Moosejay

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2008, 06:08:37 AM »
may have been a few...didn't look that close due to cuts vs no cuts

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2008, 06:09:52 AM »
THATS why arnold is considered the greatest bbing personality of all timeno one comes close,lee haney seems like a great guy and vince taylor ect,but they would never be in movies or shaking hands with anybody else other than bbers.due to the freak factor they have/had,the industry is looked down upon due to the obvious,in arnolds time it was a california free spirit subculture,and considered cool and not some oddity sideshow.arnold knew from young age how to suceed.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2008, 06:17:53 AM »
GA...THAT is the whole deal in life.

It ain't whatcha know or how proficient you are...people will gravitate to you due to likeability.

If people like you...that is the #1 reason they will do business with you.

agree with that for the most part. it pays big time to have a likable personality, and great point that people will gravitate to you. being likable = more friends, more friends = more connections, more connections = more success and so on.

Moosejay

« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2008, 06:36:36 AM »
Yes.

Let's say there are two dentists...both no more proficient as a dentists as the other.

The more likeable guy does much better than  the one who is less likeable.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2008, 07:35:29 AM »
By one judge's vote? Ummmm...I can't recall off the top of my head. I'd have to read the July '69 issue of Muscle Builder/Power again. It has the '68 IFBB Universe report. I'll see if I get around to it.

segio beat him by 1 vote at the 69 olympia. not sure the margin Zane beat him by in 68

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2008, 07:37:39 AM »

remember that pic of him in the chariot in this movie?? what a freaky chest. originally called "Hercules in New York" with his voice dubbed,; then re-released as Hercules goes Bananas.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2008, 09:11:58 AM »

I know that at the '66 NABBA Universe against Chet Yorton, Arnold only got first place votes from 2 judges - Wag Bennett and Bert Loveday.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2008, 12:03:28 PM »
No way was his heaviest competition weight only 235 pounds. His first Mr. Olympia (1969), which he lost, he had come in at 250 pounds. He realized that he was TOO big, so the following year he cut down to 230 pounds and won it (1970). From that point onwards, his weight ranged from 235-240ish in competition. 1974 being his all-time high since the late 60's. In 1968 he had competed in his low 250's. He has stated on Letterman that he weighed 250 pounds for his role in Hercules in New York. He still had some serious size in 1984 while filming Terminator. He stated he was 240 pounds there. By 1988 he was down to 230 pounds and by 1991 (T2) he was down to 215 pounds and I read 210 by the time he filmed True Lies. Not sure what he weighs now (195-200???).

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2008, 12:24:10 PM »
this is me at 234.5lb. on stage. 5'10". no where near Arnold and he was 6'2". he looks 50lb. heavier than i did.

TSPARK

• Getbig I
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2008, 12:29:17 PM »
ARNOLD IS GREAT BUT WHY HE TOOK FASHION ADVICE FROM MY GRANDFATER ON WEARING HIS PANTS SO HIGH I WILL NEVER KNOW. ABOVE PIC.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »
ARNOLD IS GREAT BUT WHY HE TOOK FASHION ADVICE FROM MY GRANDFATER ON WEARING HIS PANTS SO HIGH I WILL NEVER KNOW. ABOVE PIC.

i noticed that! nothing more hideous than an exposed belly button.

Moosejay

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2008, 05:54:49 PM »
THATS why arnold is considered the greatest bbing personality of all timeno one comes close,lee haney seems like a great guy and vince taylor ect,but they would never be in movies or shaking hands with anybody else other than bbers.due to the freak factor they have/had,the industry is looked down upon due to the obvious,in arnolds time it was a california free spirit subculture,and considered cool and not some oddity sideshow.arnold knew from young age how to suceed.

Yes, and I bet Arnold could do the same today, too. He'd transcend the times if he had to.

Moosejay

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2008, 05:55:27 PM »
this is me at 234.5lb. on stage. 5'10". no where near Arnold and he was 6'2". he looks 50lb. heavier than i did.

Looking good, Hazbin.