Author Topic: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate  (Read 25960 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2014, 10:40:29 AM »
Selectively quoting someone to try and prove a point is dishonest, when other quotes provide the full context and additional information.

Sheltering in place essentially means staying home (or wherever you happen to be).  We have back-to-back hurricanes/tropical storms rolling through, so the entire state is shut down for the next few days.  But I did get my run in before the rain started.   :)

I agree with you about selective quoting in general but not in this case.  I was only trying to point out how often you'd brought up 3 (bogus) reasons for being anti-Ventura:  1. Lawsuit would put widow in the poorhouse, 2. Fight story didn't help book sales, and 3. All royalties were going to charity so a monetary judgement would take money from dead servicemen's families.

"Sheltering in place" seems a pretty useful phrase for folks that have to deal with monsoons and scary shit like that.  (My wife's family lives in one of the houses on stilts in Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand where they get brutal rainstorms and, due to flooding, they have to use a boat to get from the house to the main road for a couple of months most years.)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
I agree with you about selective quoting in general but not in this case.  I was only trying to point out how often you'd brought up 3 (bogus) reasons for being anti-Ventura:  1. Lawsuit would put widow in the poorhouse, 2. Fight story didn't help book sales, and 3. All royalties were going to charity so a monetary judgement would take money from dead servicemen's families.

"Sheltering in place" seems a pretty useful phrase for folks that have to deal with monsoons and scary shit like that.  (My wife's family lives in one of the houses on stilts in Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand where they get brutal rainstorms and, due to flooding, they have to use a boat to get from the house to the main road for a couple of months most years.)

I mentioned several things about Ventura, including him acting like a butt-hurt sissy, the classless nature of pursuing a widow--much less the widow of an American patriot, the book proceeds being paid to family members as reported in the article I posted, and the fact this was only a few paragraphs in a book that didn't even name him.  The article you posted contradicted the article I posted on the issue of where the book proceeds were going.  Big friggin deal.  Whether all or a portion of the proceeds are going to two other families of fallen service members or just to the family of this particular service member, Ventura is still trying to take money from the family of a deceased service member.  Kyles' wife and kids have lost decades of earned income with the death of their husband and father.  Ventura is a world class douchebag.  But my views on this are stated in this thread (and not just in the portions you selectively quoted). 

We have houses essentially on stilts too.  I passed a guy yesterday who was erecting a rock wall in front of his house.  A little late in the game.  Also, people act a fool whenever we have hurricane or tsunami threats.  Hoarding.  Price gouging.  Gas lines.     

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2014, 11:19:56 AM »
I mentioned several things about Ventura, including him acting like a butt-hurt sissy, the classless nature of pursuing a widow--much less the widow of an American patriot, the book proceeds being paid to family members as reported in the article I posted, and the fact this was only a few paragraphs in a book that didn't even name him.  The article you posted contradicted the article I posted on the issue of where the book proceeds were going.  Big friggin deal.  Whether all or a portion of the proceeds are going to two other families of fallen service members or just to the family of this particular service member, Ventura is still trying to take money from the family of a deceased service member.  Kyles' wife and kids have lost decades of earned income with the death of their husband and father.  Ventura is a world class douchebag.  But my views on this are stated in this thread (and not just in the portions you selectively quoted). 

We have houses essentially on stilts too.  I passed a guy yesterday who was erecting a rock wall in front of his house.  A little late in the game.  Also, people act a fool whenever we have hurricane or tsunami threats.  Hoarding.  Price gouging.  Gas lines.     
What I find most intriguing is that members of the SEAL community (like Ventura was so quick to always throw in with) don't do this kind of shit to each other. It's interesting that he was so quick to go after the same community that he tried to say he was so upset from being made to look bad in...

Thats what makes me scratch my head... he had to have known that the SEAL community would just completely turn their back on him when he went after Kyle, his estate, or his family (however you want to look at it). If he cared so much about them and respected them like they do each other he never would have done this.. he would have gone TO the SEAL community and tried to repair the breach, not make it 100x worse. And it also leads credence to the rumor that he's ran himself into the ground, and is hurting for money because he's basically fucked up every bridge he's ever had.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
What I find most intriguing is that members of the SEAL community (like Ventura was so quick to always throw in with) don't do this kind of shit to each other. It's interesting that he was so quick to go after the same community that he tried to say he was so upset from being made to look bad in...

Thats what makes me scratch my head... he had to have known that the SEAL community would just completely turn their back on him when he went after Kyle, his estate, or his family (however you want to look at it). If he cared so much about them and respected them like they do each other he never would have done this.. he would have gone TO the SEAL community and tried to repair the breach, not make it 100x worse. And it also leads credence to the rumor that he's ran himself into the ground, and is hurting for money because he's basically fucked up every bridge he's ever had.

The idiot Ventura listened to his lawyer stupidly - and now all the $ is going to lawyer bills .  Ventura not getting spit $ wise and his rep is garbage now

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »
Jesse had every right to defend his character.

Doesn't change the fact that Jesse is a liar too.  Just probably not in this instance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2014, 11:49:09 AM »

Doesn't change the fact that Jesse is a liar too.  Just probably not in this instance.

Just bc he had a right to sue does not make it the smartest thing to have done overall in terms as evidenced how it all panned out. 

He won the court battle but lost overall, big time.   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2014, 11:51:14 AM »

Yeah but the way he did it didn't really defend his character at all, and especially not in the SEAL community he was so concerned about. It accomplished nothing but excommunicating him further. And as I said before, everyone that thought he was a liar still thinks he was a liar, now just more people think he's an asshole and he basically killed any chance he had at reconciling with the SEALs.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2014, 11:52:28 AM »
He didn't "lose" jack shit.  It isn't like he is majorly and richly capitalizing on his name and fame anymore.   He lime light days are behind him.  Doesn't matter if his name is tarnished at this point.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2014, 11:53:30 AM »
Yeah but the way he did it didn't really defend his character at all, and especially not in the SEAL community he was so concerned about. It accomplished nothing but excommunicating him further. And as I said before, everyone that thought he was a liar still thinks he was a liar, now just more people think he's an asshole and he basically killed any chance he had at reconciling with the SEALs.

I know one guy who is a SEAL who is friends w Lutrell and those guys.  They despise Ventura for what and how he went about this.  

There is a certain way to do things and not do them.  Ventura went about it the worst possible way imaginable.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2014, 11:54:21 AM »
He didn't "lose" jack shit.  It isn't like he is majorly and richly capitalizing on his name and fame anymore.   He lime light days are behind him.  Doesn't matter if his name is tarnished at this point.

He said the most important thing to him was his standing in the SEAL community - how did that work out for him? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »
He said the most important thing to him was his standing in the SEAL community - how did that work out for him? 

Seeing how he appears to have lied about being a SEAL in the first place, I can say he is probably still sleeping about the same each night no matter what the real guys think. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »

whats ventura care I thought you said he wasn't a seal  :o

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »
whats ventura care I thought you said he wasn't a seal  :o
He wasnt. UDT was a separate entity until they ceased to exist and everyone that went to BUD/s simple went through the extra training and became SEALs after 83. Both groups are part of the same community, but UDT was very different than SEALs.

Jesse used to speak at graduations and attend regular SEAL events as he was a psuedo celebrity and was grandfathered into the community since UDT ceased to exist anf everyone that graduated BUD/s just went through the extra training and became SEALs, but that didnt mean that Ventura was ever a SEAL.

Especially when he claimed to have been a SEAL during vietnam and he never was on a SEAL team.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2014, 12:47:37 PM »
ROFLAMO

"Da SEAL Camoonity", "Da SEAL Camoonity".

What is it made of, like 37 people wearing hats with pins on them and 42 more teaching GoRucks.

I think Jesse will be allright without Da Camoonity. lololol

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2014, 12:54:35 PM »
ROFLAMO

What is it made of, like 37 people wearing hats with pins on them and 42 more teaching GoRucks.

Its more important to people than you could possibly understand man, and the network is much larger and widesoread than you could ever fathom. They're in every level, from government to military to the private sector.. Those guys generally live for the respect of their peers. Theyre network opens doors for each other at the highest levels...., they live for each other.

Thats what made me scratch my head... as important as he claimed it to be to him, why do the one thing that would basically cut him out forever?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2014, 12:56:47 PM »
ROFLAMO

you are clueless

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »
Its more important to people than you could possibly understand man, and the network is much larger and widesoread than you could ever fathom. They're in every level, from government to military to the private sector.. Those guys generally live for the respect of their peers. Theyre network opens doors for each other at the highest levels...., they live for each other.

Thats what made me scratch my head... as important as he claimed it to be to him, why do the one thing that would basically cut him out forever?
Because Ventura 2016.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2014, 12:57:50 PM »

Greed

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
Because Ventura 2016.
Haha, fair enough.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
Good interview - never knw this stuff

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »
Good interview - never knw this stuff

Didnt watch. Cliffs?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »
Didnt watch. Cliffs?

Don Shipley interviews Jesse's brother who was a SEAL about the early classes and what went on, etc etc.  Their dad was a WW2 Vet and decorated vet. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »
Don Shipley interviews Jesse's brother who was a SEAL about the early classes and what went on, etc etc.  Their dad was a WW2 Vet and decorated vet. 
Yeah, his brother was a SEAL but Jesse wasnt, jesse got placed in a UDT team and didnt volunteer to go over. Much safer than being a SEAL in those days. Still dangerous though.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2014, 02:06:21 PM »
What did he say about Jesse?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
What did he say about Jesse?

Not that much - but he sounds exactly like him vocal wise