Author Topic: I have been asked at work to state my goals...  (Read 9073 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
I have been asked at work to state my goals...
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:37:58 AM »
the only thing is i dont have any Goals..they want me to bring in a pic of something i'd aspire to, i dont really care for material things as i have a car, home etc....what should i say to them

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Re: I have been asked at work to state my goals...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »
the only thing is i dont have any Goals..they want me to bring in a pic of something i'd aspire to, i dont really care for material things as i have a car, home etc....what should i say to them

Relax man, it's the first quarter, you management is just trying to get a gauge on what you want to accomplish professionally this year.  Set your professional goals low and hit them this way you'll look like you have realistic expectations and have kept them in mind through out the year and accomplished your tasks, If you set them high and don't you look like a delusional over achiever that talks shit and makes excuses for not getting it done. 

All of this is take into consideration at the end of the year when they are caluculating the employees worth to the company and that employees salary.  At least that is partially how I evaluate the people that work for me.   
\

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:01:30 AM »

i wished my boss was less of an asshole  ;D

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 05:10:31 AM »
i wished my boss was less of an asshole  ;D

Don't we all?  ::) ;D 8)
\

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 06:14:03 AM »
Why in the hell do they want a picture? If it were me I'd bring in a fucked up picture just to mess with them.

omg

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 06:34:39 AM »
Why in the hell do they want a picture? If it were me I'd bring in a fucked up picture just to mess with them.

heres an idea, bring a picture of squadfather, and say one day i hope to be like this monster...haha ;D

omg

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 06:36:13 AM »

heres an idea, bring a picture of squadfather, and say one day i hope to be like this monster...haha...and watch the tiny tits in office wear fall off their chairs

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 08:04:03 AM »
Your boss is going to fire you because you are surfing the net and wasting his time. Wake up to yourself.

Tell him you want to look like this and have a girlfirend like in the second photo. Should get you a promotion.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 02:31:27 PM »
Relax man, it's the first quarter, you management is just trying to get a gauge on what you want to accomplish professionally this year.  Set your professional goals low and hit them this way you'll look like you have realistic expectations and have kept them in mind through out the year and accomplished your tasks, If you set them high and don't you look like a delusional over achiever that talks shit and makes excuses for not getting it done. 

All of this is take into consideration at the end of the year when they are caluculating the employees worth to the company and that employees salary.  At least that is partially how I evaluate the people that work for me.   

You just stated a management style known as Management by Objectives (MBO)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_by_objectives read the last paragraph in the link because it points out the flaw in the style.

Quickerblade you might consider searching and reading more about this management system so you’ll better understand how to give your employer what they are looking for. 
and keep moving!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 03:14:06 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_by_objectives read the last paragraph in the link because it points out the flaw in the style.

Quickerblade you might consider searching and reading more about this management system so you’ll better understand how to give your employer what they are looking for. 

thanks for that man, i'l read up on it now

body88

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 03:20:35 PM »

1.) Money

2.) Hoes

4.) Keepin it real

word!

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »

Yes Max Rep, that is exactly what we do.  Friday I fininshed explaining the MBO's for each of my workers.  I have to create a one for each employees.  It's time consuming but it actually works out pretty good for the employee.  He doesn't have to compete with his/her co-workers, he just has to worry about hitting their goal.  If you do (or exceed it) gainsharing, if not you get the Box and that goes for me too.  So I run my group tight!!!  It's a win win.  They work hard for me cause they want that check, and them meeting their MBO's get's me a check.  

So like applebee's it's all good in the neighborhood.
\

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 03:29:04 PM »
the only thing is i dont want to make up a goal just for the sake of it, if worse comes to worse im just going to bring in this picture

Miami to win in 2007..thats my goal

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 03:33:01 PM »
I thought you was a Lakers fan  >:(

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 03:34:28 PM »
I thought you was a Lakers fan  >:(
Im a kobe fan, my hearts with the Heat..

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »
im going to bring in this picture

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »
Do you work as a prison guard? Do you drive a truck? Maybe you are a clerk in the bank? Are you in the cleaning business?

I love the way dudes post questions here and expect miracles when they give us no information at all. If you have to ask a question like that you are in serious trouble. Get off the internet and go to a library or church.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 04:50:05 PM »
the only thing is i dont want to make up a goal just for the sake of it, if worse comes to worse im just going to bring in this picture

agh, that's an awful mix!! :-\  I know Kobe fans all over than aren't Laker fans...but a Heat fan?!  Everyone in Miami HATES Kobe!!! :o
just not good enough

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 06:05:40 PM »
Do you work as a prison guard? Do you drive a truck? Maybe you are a clerk in the bank? Are you in the cleaning business?

I love the way dudes post questions here and expect miracles when they give us no information at all. If you have to ask a question like that you are in serious trouble. Get off the internet and go to a library or church.

I dont want help from a fat fuck like you..i'd rather be face first in the gutter then take your useless advise son

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 06:14:38 PM »
Yes Max Rep, that is exactly what we do.  Friday I fininshed explaining the MBO's for each of my workers.  I have to create a one for each employees.  It's time consuming but it actually works out pretty good for the employee.  He doesn't have to compete with his/her co-workers, he just has to worry about hitting their goal.  If you do (or exceed it) gainsharing, if not you get the Box and that goes for me too.  So I run my group tight!!!  It's a win win.  They work hard for me cause they want that check, and them meeting their MBO's get's me a check.  

So like applebee's it's all good in the neighborhood.

What is "the box"?

I worked as en management trainee for a company that used MBO and I found it to be flawed because it causes people to set low standards. It penalizes people if they do not meet the goals they set and rewards them if they do reach their goals so people set their goals low on purpose. My boss (this goes back to 1990) actually told me to lower my goals before he turned them in as being “official”.

It's a game of cat and mouse and I don’t believe in lowing my standards. They (the management) wanted to play psychological games with the employees but they came loaded with a peashooter.  ;)

and keep moving!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 06:19:56 PM »
Hey, Quickerboy, you can give it but you can't take it. Go eat a chocolate bunny and get a life.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 06:44:49 PM »
Remove this irrelevant thread from the gossip board. No bodybuilding content at all. Stop wasting our time with nonsense.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 06:46:02 PM »

Print out your profile from Getbig and tell 'em you're working on your 5th Star!  :D

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »
Hey, Quickerboy, you can give it but you can't take it. Go eat a chocolate bunny and get a life.
maybe i should i should just take photos of unsuspecting juveniles at the beach Vince...or maybe i should just report you to the proper authorities

Its gonna be a interesting year Vince.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 01:11:19 AM »
What is "the box"?

I worked as en management trainee for a company that used MBO and I found it to be flawed because it causes people to set low standards. It penalizes people if they do not meet the goals they set and rewards them if they do reach their goals so people set their goals low on purpose. My boss (this goes back to 1990) actually told me to lower my goals before he turned them in as being “official”.

It's a game of cat and mouse and I don’t believe in lowing my standards. They (the management) wanted to play psychological games with the employees but they came loaded with a peashooter.  ;)

The box is what all your personal stuff that was on your desk is contained in, when your badge is deactivated and you can't make into the building past the security desk as a result of being fired.  That is "the box."

You don't have to lower your standards, That is what I thought at first, It gives you a chance to really raise the bar for your star performers while motivating your lower skilled workers who'd normally be choking on their dust if they tried to compete with them based off of numbers alone.  It provides you with a way to keep everyone on task. 
\