Author Topic: RIP PAUL BEARER  (Read 7892 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: RIP PAUL BEARER
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 07:54:45 PM »
Seems like he did a few promos under the Percy Pringle name.

That's to be expected. There are a few old school guys that worked with him back in the day.

Of course, Moody couldn't call himself "Paul Bearer" on their telecast.

Is there a video of the TNA tribute?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 08:00:59 PM »
Well, he's been Paul Bearer for over 20 years and is largely responsible for the one of the most awesome wrestlers of all time (so much for Ole Anderson's prediction about Mark Callaway).

Not only that, quite frankly, he and 'Taker pretty much saved Glen Jacobs from utter obscurity, with the Kane character. How else could Jacobs have overcome "The Black Knight" (from Lawler's/Michaels' 1993 Survivor Series team), "Isaac Yankem, DDS", and imitation "Diesel"?

You could argue that Moody was Hall of Fame worthy, before he became Paul Bearer. But, NOW........there's no question.

In fact, on YouTube or the "Internet Wrestling Community" (as it's called), the only debate is WHEN he should be put in the Hall.

Should it be this year, immediately after his death, ala Eddie Guererro?

Or, should it  next year, since WrestleMania 30 is in New Orleans, about two hours from Bearer's hometown of Mobile, Alabama?

Hahaha "imitation diesel"

I guess the 6 moves(including the hair flip) weren't enough to put Glen over  :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »
Hahaha "imitation diesel"

I guess the 6 moves(including the hair flip) weren't enough to put Glen over  :D

Anyone who tried to imitate Nash would have been jeered into oblivion.

Slightly off topic, what was the official name of the Beverly Brothers' finisher, the Shaker Heights Spike or the Beverly Bomb?

Or is it called "OOOOOOHHHH NOOOOO!!!", as Vince McMahon likes to say?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 03:25:22 PM »

I recently came across this link I'd saved in my archives. In it, Mr. moody recalls some fond memories of his friendship with "Ravishing" Rick Rude, who we lost in 1999.

http://percypringle.com/hall/rick_rude.html

R.I.P. to two legends, and two genuinely good men on all counts.

I first met Richard Rood in 1985, in The Championship Wrestling From Florida territory. The chemistry between us both in and out of the ring was instantaneous. He was a fantastic performer, and a dear friend as well. We left Florida for Dallas and World Class Championship Wrestling together, and shared an apartment for several months until I moved my Family there to be with me.

I have several stories in the STORYTIME archives section of my website that include Rick. Without repeating them here, there is absolutely no doubt that Rick was responsible for my break into The World Wrestling Federation. I will never be able to thank him enough for that. Who would have ever thought what the future held in store?

Rick passed away on April 20, 1999. I've lost way too many friends in this business.

Without a doubt, Rick left an everlasting impression on my heart. I am proud to add Rick's name to my Personal Hall Of Fame. I miss him dearly. May God Bless his fine Family.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 12:20:44 PM »
Michael Moody, the son of the late Paul Bearer, has posted the following on his Facebook page, reacting to Monday night's closing segment of Raw featuring The Undertaker, CM Punk and Paul Heyman:

"If anyone is wondering, yes, WWE did come to us wanting approval for tonight's storyline. The way it was presented to us was ok. Seeing it on screen was a different story. I don't even know what to say."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »
Fucking awesome