Author Topic: How hard is life where you live?  (Read 11772 times)

ghcard

• Getbig II
How hard is life where you live?
« on: September 17, 2020, 05:43:44 AM »
Hello getbiggers!
It is a pleasure to have you to take time to read my topic, I really appreciate it!

I want to know how hard is to live in your country, in terms of work, like how hard is to find one?
how much money you make?
how good you can live with that money?

how many % of people can live with a decent life, have a nice car and afford to rise their children without having money problems for basic things, like education, health, toys?

how is the security around your city?

Can you safely, lets say, walk around the street at 2:00AM without having to worry about being robbed? when you park your car, can you leave the windows open without worry?

How is the national level of education in your country? the majority of people are educated enough to know, at least lets say, a little about politics, economy, history?

In my case, I live in Brazil, a very poor country, to find a job is really hard, except for doctors.
The money paid is very little, for you to have an general idea of the level of the country:

I have a bachelor degree in mechatronics engineering, with almost 10 years of experience in my field, being 4 since the degree.
Far for trying to brag about, but I am very good in what I do, I could safely say that no even 10% of the engineers of the whole country have the level of expertise in my field, that is making industrial machines and tools, like a whole production line, or a moulding tool that injects lets say your keyboard or the plastic thing in your car, or forging tools that makes lets say wrenches...
Hope you get the idea, I make anything the client wants in terms of industrial production. If you want to produce a pen, you give just the concept of the pen and I will make the entire production process to you to be able to produce that pen, all the machines, tools, assembly line and quality control.
Or just a part of the process, like you already make pens and just have trouble with the injection mould that injects the cap of the pen, I can make you a mould that will be much better in terms of quality and in terms of time.

Even so, I get paid not so much money, around R$5.000 a month (about 1k usd) and with that I cannot live very well, although i can live better than 80% of population (minimum wage is R$1.000 about 200bucks usd), so you can imagine that the majority of the country have trouble just to buy food to eat, it is really sad.

I also was never able to get a job as a real engineer like in the contract saying that, because engineers here have a least amount that they have to be paid, by law, about R$8.000 (1.600$)... So to get away from the law and pay less, they say that you are an analyst, an draftsman...

I live in a shit hole, really really bad place and it costs R$1.200 or 240$, for eat reasonable well and better than 90% of the country I spend around R$1.800 or 360$. That leaves me with less than R$2.000 or 400bucks to go through the entire month, pay the bills like energy, internet, tv and very little amusement, trip for a near city is a luxury that I can plan and have at the max once every 3 or 4 months.

My car is an old shitty one, that in the USA for example would not even be accepcted as a gift I think (this one https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Celta or google chevrolet celta 2010).
But again its a fair car around here, since the majority of people struggle to have money to take a bus (very sad my friends!)

Education is non existent, only if you have money to pay private schools. Majority of people around literally have trouble with sum and subtraction, with simple native words. Politics? what is that? the majority of people being ignorant and very poor will vote for any candidate that gives them bread with cheese (literally a true story, very sad).

Walk around the streets at 2AM? If you dont get robbed or rapped by any criminal you will be beat up or be murdered by the police itself. lol

For what I take in countries like the USA you can live reasonable well with a physical labour job, have a nice home, a nice car, kids, education, food and get some amusements.

Here a manual labour is the lowest jobs around, like a roofman or a gardner, it is the jobs left for the ones that can not get a job in a company and usually are very poor fellas, that barely have that to eat or clothes to wear.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: How hard is life where you live?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 06:10:00 AM »
what are you trying to sell?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 06:24:10 AM »
Hello getbiggers!
It is a pleasure to have you to take time to read my topic, I really appreciate it!

I want to know how hard is to live in your country, in terms of work, like how hard is to find one?
how much money you make?

how many % of people can live with a decent life, have a nice car and afford to rise their children without having money problems for basic things, like education, health, toys?

Can you safely, lets say, walk around the street at 2:00AM without having to worry about being robbed? when you park your car, can you leave the windows open without worry?

How is the national level of education in your country? the majority of people are educated enough to know, at least lets say, a little about politics, economy, history?

In my case, I live in Brazil, a very poor country, to find a job is really hard, except for doctors.
The money paid is very little, for you to have an general idea of the level of the country:

I have a bachelor degree in mechatronics engineering, with almost 10 years of experience in my field, being 4 since the degree.
Far for trying to brag about, but I am very good in what I do, I could safely say that no even 10% of the engineers of the whole country have the level of expertise in my field, that is making industrial machines and tools, like a whole production line, or a moulding tool that injects lets say your keyboard or the plastic thing in your car, or forging tools that makes lets say wrenches...
Hope you get the idea, I make anything the client wants in terms of industrial production. If you want to produce a pen, you give just the concept of the pen and I will make the entire production process to you to be able to produce that pen, all the machines, tools, assembly line and quality control.
Or just a part of the process, like you already make pens and just have trouble with the injection mould that injects the cap of the pen, I can make you a mould that will be much better in terms of quality and in terms of time.

Even so, I get paid not so much money, around R$5.000 a month (about 1k usd) and with that I cannot live very well, although i can live better than 80% of population (minimum wage is R$1.000 about 200bucks usd), so you can imagine that the majority of the country have trouble just to buy food to eat, it is really sad.

I also was never able to get a job as a real engineer like in the contract saying that, because engineers here have a least amount that they have to be paid, by law, about R$8.000 (1.600$)... So to get away from the law and pay less, they say that you are an analyst, an draftsman...

I live in a shit hole, really really bad place and it costs R$1.200 or 240$, for eat reasonable well and better than 90% of the country I spend around R$1.800 or 360$. That leaves me with less than R$2.000 or 400bucks to go through the entire month, pay the bills like energy, internet, tv and very little amusement, trip for a near city is a luxury that I can plan and have at the max once every 3 or 4 months.

My car is an old shitty one, that in the USA for example would not even be accepcted as a gift I think (this one https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Celta or google chevrolet celta 2010).
But again its a fair car around here, since the majority of people struggle to have money to take a bus (very sad my friends!)

Education is non existent, only if you have money to pay private schools. Majority of people around literally have trouble with sum and subtraction, with simple native words. Politics? what is that? the majority of people being ignorant and very poor will vote for any candidate that gives them bread with cheese (literally a true story, very sad).

Walk around the streets at 2AM? If you dont get robbed or rapped by any criminal you will be beat up or be murdered by the police itself. lol

For what I take in countries like the USA you can live reasonable well with a physical labour job, have a nice home, a nice car, kids, education, food and get some amusements.

Here a manual labour is the lowest jobs around, like a roofman or a gardner, it is the jobs left for the ones that can not get a job in a company and usually are very poor fellas, that barely have that to eat or clothes to wear.

Here in Brazil we are an emerging country, even today we don't have a lot of what the rest of the world has.

For you to have an idea, it is just a few years ago that we had our first KFC.

With that in mind, you can imagine that more than a decade ago we did not have any sushi available nearby.

Of course there was sushi in brazil, but just in fancy restaurants that 90% of brazilians would never dream of eating, since a simple dinner would cost about half of the minimum wage (in around 2010 the minimun wage was about R$500 (reais, our currency) and a dinner in a sushi restaurant at the time would cost nothing less than R$250-300

Around the time gh15 started talking about the sushi thing, guess what happend? the sushi restaurants started to open in every corner, specially close to the gyms.
In fact even a owner of a gym that I went opened ah sushi restaurant during that time.

Today you can check out for yourself that here in brazil the sushi restaurants are the most popular foreign food around.

If you have the opportunity to one day come to brazil, pm me and I will gladly take you for dinner at one of those restaurants.

I'm sure the first thing you will notice when you enter the place will be that 80% of the customers are gym rats.

Very easy to find work if you have degree in Optimus Prime Engineering or have fountainpens in your trailer.

We also have a lot of facilities if you want Queen Vissys.

About the pineapple, here we never had those little cans gh15 talked about.

The reason is that in brazil we have almost any fruit in large scale, so the real fresh pineapple is largely available, you can find it for about $1 a fruit that weighs about 1.5kg.

If you buy in bulk, like the distribuidos that sell box of fruits, you could get 20pinapples for about 0.3cents a piece.

bananas are about 0.5cents a pound in the supermarket
Q

ghcard

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 06:27:18 AM »
what are you trying to sell?

why do you ask? did I give this impression?

I would really like to know, since english is not my native language, I had to teach myself actually.
Perhaps I am sounding like I have other intentions by the way I write. I would really like to know so I can improve my english.
Believe me the little tips one native speaker can give, even if it's making fun, help a lot to understand how the language works. The book lessons tend to make the person robotic, thats why its easy to spot a non native.

ghcard

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 06:29:57 AM »
Here in Brazil we are an emerging country, even today we don't have a lot of what the rest of the world has.

With that in mind, you can imagine that more than a decade ago we did not have any sushi available nearby.

Of course there was sushi in brazil, but just in fancy restaurants that 90% of brazilians would never dream of eating, since a simple dinner would cost about half of the minimum wage (in around 2010 the minimun wage was about R$500 (reais, our currency) and a dinner in a sushi restaurant at the time would cost nothing less than R$250-300

Around the time gh15 started talking about the sushi thing, guess what happend? the sushi restaurants started to open in every corner, specially close to the gyms.
In fact even a owner of a gym that I went opened ah sushi restaurant during that time.

Today you can check out for yourself that here in brazil the sushi restaurants are the most popular foreign food around.

If you have the opportunity to one day come to brazil, pm me and I will gladly take you for dinner at one of those restaurants.

I'm sure the first thing you will notice when you enter the place will be that 80% of the customers are gym rats.

Very easy to find work if you have degree in Optimus Prime Engineering or have fountainpens in your trailer.

The reason is that in brazil we have almost any fruit in large scale, so the real fresh pineapple is largely available, you can find it for about $1 a fruit that weighs about 1.5kg.

If you buy in bulk, like the distribuidos that sell box of fruits, you could get 20pinapples for about 0.3cents a piece.

lol
I actually think it was funny lol

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 06:37:19 AM »
 I have two average to above average vaginas on rotation and two cars. Both cars are awesome so I'm pretty happy.

Two cars too drive two pussies too tap... I'm set brazzie.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 06:50:38 AM »
Tldr but life is very hard here. Just a few days ago the server at the coffee shop forgot to put sprinkles on my iced frappe latte

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 08:52:44 AM »
Life is "oh so hard" in the USA for millennial Libs. Trump wins, they cry, scream, riot.
Phone breaks they cry, scream, riot.
Convicted gun felon (Pink Floyd) dies, they cry, scream, riot.
Parents tell them to get a job they cry, scream, riot.
They see weak old people or kids in MAGA hats, they cry, scream, riot and attack.
They see legit tough people in MAGA hats, they cry, scream, riot (just not to the hat-wearer of course). Mainly to the interwebz.

Yup, very tough/hard life.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 08:57:52 AM »
'I COULDN'T STOP CRYING WHEN TRUMP WON' Generation Snowflake… hysterical cry babies.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3224797/truth-generation-snowflake-hysterical-cry-babies-millennial-activists/

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 09:08:21 AM »
Where i live its 90 percent white and some mexicans out in the poorer areas

our mayor is being recalled

lots of white people here who hate themselves

mainly young fat ugly green haired women

florida is my home for next 3 weeks as of tommorow though

long live palm beach

gonna drive by donnies house just for fun

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 09:08:37 AM »
Hello getbiggers!

how much money you make?

Nice life history.  No one cares.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 09:10:53 AM »
dont hit the quote button any more

its off limits to you

you quote the longest shit

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 09:12:58 AM »
Hello getbiggers!

how much money you make?

Jail for criticising Islam
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=379101256449069

Q

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 09:18:14 AM »
Answer from a libturd:

"HOW HARD IS LIFE?!?!?!? ITS ALL TRUMPS FAULT IM A LOSER!!!!

Answer from a repub:

Life is fine, job is fine, house paid off, retirement fund loaded, thank you "me".

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 09:21:00 AM »
dont hit the quote button any more

its off limits to you

you quote the longest shit
Sorry, didn't want anyone think I was talking to anyone but him. ;D

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:02 AM »
i know broskie

i dont use the quote button and you knew i was talking to you

see its not needed

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 09:55:52 AM »
I am talking to THIS member now.
Q

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 10:47:29 AM »
All getbiggers are billionaires living on 100 foot yachts in the Mediterranean.   ;)

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 10:55:58 AM »
Anda para Portugal se vens para ter uma vida decente.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2020, 11:07:40 AM »
Anda para Portugal se vens para ter uma vida decente.

Decent life in Portugal?
Q

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 11:11:52 AM »
London, it's pretty crap but at least I can walk the streets at 2am, you see I'm a bodybuilder therefore people can see not to mess with me

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 11:25:29 AM »
Life in America is easy compared to anywhere else.  All you have to do is try and you can do just about anything unless you are mentally ill or handicapped.

I worked in Venezuela off and on for a couple years.  We were building some large bridges and infrastructure projects.  The engineers there didn't make hardly any money and almost everyone lived in poverty or very near it.  It was much worse than Mexico.  This one lady who was the local Project Manager for the project had two degrees in engineering, a masters in engineering AND physics.  She also taught at the local university.  She didn't make shit for money, lived in a 2 bedroom shack with 4 other people.  Her tv set looked like what i had in the 90's with bunny ears on it.  It was a crazy experience to live there for a while.

Very eye opening experience, but the people were generally very nice.  I didn't experience any crime but i also didn't go out without a couple locals with me.  The beaches were amazing and the women are insane; i've never seen so many gorgeous women in my life.

I still talk to a few of the people i worked with down there.  They have been forced to shelter in place for months due to Covid.  Makes you realize the differences in their daily structure.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »
You can do anything in the US with hard work. The trouble is that kids bought up in the US do not want to work hard. They were led to believe if they got a college degree people would be so impressed with that they would give them an office and a secretary. Their 80K car would be in the parking lot. After work they would go to their big house with a beautiful pool in the back. The reality is they work cash register jobs because no one will hire them.

The reality is that percentage wise foreigners that come to this country are making it big because they see the opportunity. I will give you two examples. Two Polish brothers came to this country with nothing. They saw Mexicans doing roofing for their white boss who hung back and watching them work on a roof in 90 degree weather like dogs. They asked the Mexicans what they were being paid looking for work and it was $100 a day which the Mexicans  were really happy about. They asked what the boss charged for the roof and they found it was $6K for the two day job on a medium house. The next week the two Polish guys were roofers on their own. Today they have a staff and drive monster pick up trucks. Both live in nice houses. They do mainly commercial roofs now.

Another is this Vietnamese guy. He came to this country almost like an indentured slave and worked in a nail salon.  He learned the business front and back. Saved enough with another nail worker to get a store front. The women come in and out all day dropping $40 plus bucks. Soon they had nail salons all over the place. The one guy I talk to lives in a very rich town where the cheapest house is well over 700K.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 11:49:18 AM »
This is true.  Most people have no idea how good they have it here.  Most are just too lazy to go for it.

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2020, 11:56:29 AM »
In Bangkok - it's mixed.

It's really hard to find a good job - but really easy to find a $1000 a month crappy teaching support job and live like a pauper.

I came on a contract, then got offered a position to stay and be a director in a company. When I quit that (decided against joining a buyout) - there was NOTHING for me. I had to persuade a Japanese company to let me start a company for them here.

Visas are a pain till you hit 50. Security-wise - very safe, but you know - there's idiots everywhere. And there is a chance of marrying a young chick that wants to take all your money then bump you off.

You can't own land and the laws seem anti-foreigner but I find that people are nice to you if you are nice to them. You cannot pull the "angry American here" but it's fun to watch when people do.

The country pretty much runs on "if you do something and hurt yourself - it's your fault". So you can do adventurous stuff that wouldn't be allowed (or they'd have taken the fun out of) in more 'developed' countries. This does of course lead to occasional deaths but whatever.

Road rage is rare, everyone in Bangkok drives like an asshole - by the time you got angry and finished shouting at the guy that just cut you off - 2 other people already did the same. So fuck it. Drive like an asshole too.

Food is amazing and cheap. Western food is a bit expensive. Bangkok has 1000s of restaurants - so whatever you want, you can get. Houses are cheap. Cars are very expensive - I have 3 cars and the combined price I paid for the 3 was $350k but my main house in Bangkok cost $250k and the upcountry house cost a ridiculous $25k to build a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom spacey bungalow.

International schools are expensive but local schools are terrible - figure in about $15k a year minimum per kid - but don't be daft and start paying that when they are 3 yrs old in an international pre-school. Thai school till 5 is fine.

There is nobody here to tell you to put the brakes on - so if you survive the first few years, it's a nice life. There is a lot of tempation and you need to slow things down.

You can't own land and the laws seem anti-foreigner but all laws here are just guidelines and money can see you walk away from any indiscretion. There's this idea that traffic accidents and the like will always see the foreigner blamed - but I just haven't experienced it -just don't be an asshole and shout at everyone and you will be treated equally.

What I like - you still have to double-take all the time, there's so many crazy things going on.

One that sticks in my head was one night I was driving and drinking - I stopped drinking at 10pm and we left the place about 1am and I drove straignt to a checkpoint on Sukhumvit Rd. They took me out of the car and got be to blow into the machine. The threshold was 80 at the time. So I blew and they put it on the table to watch. Up it went 40-50-60... then got to 70 and was slowly creeping up. 75 passed and I thought I was screwed till it stopped at 78.1. We all sat and stared for a few seconds - to see if it would go any higher and when it didn't all the cops around screamed in delight - laughing, patting me on the back, calling me "lucky man". asking me what I thought the lottery number would be on Saturday.

Absolutely hilarious - where I am from they would have given me a 30-minute lecture for being so close but I think it made these cops night.

It's not for everyone but after 22 years, I doubt I'd live anywhere else.

Just don't sell up your shit at home and buy a bar here 'cause you met some young fuckpiece that says she loves you. She doesn't - you are one of many and it's likely she has a Thai husband.