Author Topic: Just to clarify: THERE IS ONLY ONE REAL MR OLYMPIA CATEGORY  (Read 2680 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Just to clarify: THERE IS ONLY ONE REAL MR OLYMPIA CATEGORY
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2020, 03:01:50 PM »
You look like dogshit. Hope that helps. He’s the real Mr Olympia. You’re the Mr. oh simp ia.
You have no idea what I look like.  The real Mr. Olympia is Big Ramy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2020, 05:13:49 PM »
I respect both athletes bodybuilders, but some people like living past 50, so I don't put this topic in the same category as "Everyone gets a trophy" - it's more like a weight class distinction.

A lot of IFBB pros are over 50. Dex just retired at 51; Dennis James is well over 50. Vince Taylor competed at the 2006 Mr. O at 50.

"The Jetman" Tony Pearson is over 60 and still looks great! In fact, I just learned that he won the AAU Masters Mr. Universe last month.

I guess there was plenty of social distancing at that show, since it was held in Vegas.;D ; whereas, the Olympia got moved to Orlando.

Nonetheless, the Jetman has competed and/or won shows in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s, and now the 2020s.

By the logic of the OP, Georges St-Pierre falls into the "Everyone gets a trophy" category, because he is only a weight class champion, and not the overall champion.

Not everyone person who lifts weights, or lifts weights and juices, wants to push it to the absolute limit.  It doesn't always end well:

I think a lot of bodybuilders, croaking before 50, are doing a lot more stuff than just anabolics. In far too many cases, it's narcotics or foreign substances being injected into their muscles.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2020, 07:40:34 PM »
Another bodybuilder who looked awesome well after age 50 was 5-time Mr. Universe, Serge Nubrej.

Courtesy of American Muscle from 1993.

Guest posting in 1991