Author Topic: How hard is life where you live?  (Read 11855 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: How hard is life where you live?
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2020, 02:08:05 PM »
where in brazil?

i know somebody in belo horizonte and they seem to like it

E
E

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2020, 04:23:54 PM »
Nice text Mr.Hawaii !.

I still think to live on the beach in 1970 restored VW Kombi , new electric version sucks with only 200km battery capacity !.

+ free outdoor gym & free coconuts life is goooood !!!!.

;D

Pasita

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2020, 02:16:38 AM »
My area is not as calm as I would like, besides, by the fall the situation worsened, there are more robberies in recent months. I don't want to move from this area, I like it, but still, I had to install the Ajax system so that I could monitor the situation and sleep more peacefully. Our city is quite calm, I still think that this is due to the fact that many have lost their jobs in 2020. The police react quickly enough, but the security system makes me calmer.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2020, 05:18:52 AM »
Hello getbiggers!
It is a pleasure to have you to take time to read my topic, I really appreciate it!

I want to know how hard is to live in your country, in terms of work, like how hard is to find one?
how much money you make?
how good you can live with that money?

how many % of people can live with a decent life, have a nice car and afford to rise their children without having money problems for basic things, like education, health, toys?

how is the security around your city?

Can you safely, lets say, walk around the street at 2:00AM without having to worry about being robbed? when you park your car, can you leave the windows open without worry?

How is the national level of education in your country? the majority of people are educated enough to know, at least lets say, a little about politics, economy, history?

In my case, I live in Brazil, a very poor country, to find a job is really hard, except for doctors.
The money paid is very little, for you to have an general idea of the level of the country:

I have a bachelor degree in mechatronics engineering, with almost 10 years of experience in my field, being 4 since the degree.
Far for trying to brag about, but I am very good in what I do, I could safely say that no even 10% of the engineers of the whole country have the level of expertise in my field, that is making industrial machines and tools, like a whole production line, or a moulding tool that injects lets say your keyboard or the plastic thing in your car, or forging tools that makes lets say wrenches...
Hope you get the idea, I make anything the client wants in terms of industrial production. If you want to produce a pen, you give just the concept of the pen and I will make the entire production process to you to be able to produce that pen, all the machines, tools, assembly line and quality control.
Or just a part of the process, like you already make pens and just have trouble with the injection mould that injects the cap of the pen, I can make you a mould that will be much better in terms of quality and in terms of time.

Even so, I get paid not so much money, around R$5.000 a month (about 1k usd) and with that I cannot live very well, although i can live better than 80% of population (minimum wage is R$1.000 about 200bucks usd), so you can imagine that the majority of the country have trouble just to buy food to eat, it is really sad.

I also was never able to get a job as a real engineer like in the contract saying that, because engineers here have a least amount that they have to be paid, by law, about R$8.000 (1.600$)... So to get away from the law and pay less, they say that you are an analyst, an draftsman...

I live in a shit hole, really really bad place and it costs R$1.200 or 240$, for eat reasonable well and better than 90% of the country I spend around R$1.800 or 360$. That leaves me with less than R$2.000 or 400bucks to go through the entire month, pay the bills like energy, internet, tv and very little amusement, trip for a near city is a luxury that I can plan and have at the max once every 3 or 4 months.

My car is an old shitty one, that in the USA for example would not even be accepcted as a gift I think (this one https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Celta or google chevrolet celta 2010).
But again its a fair car around here, since the majority of people struggle to have money to take a bus (very sad my friends!)

Education is non existent, only if you have money to pay private schools. Majority of people around literally have trouble with sum and subtraction, with simple native words. Politics? what is that? the majority of people being ignorant and very poor will vote for any candidate that gives them bread with cheese (literally a true story, very sad).

Walk around the streets at 2AM? If you dont get robbed or rapped by any criminal you will be beat up or be murdered by the police itself. lol

For what I take in countries like the USA you can live reasonable well with a physical labour job, have a nice home, a nice car, kids, education, food and get some amusements.

Here a manual labour is the lowest jobs around, like a roofman or a gardner, it is the jobs left for the ones that can not get a job in a company and usually are very poor fellas, that barely have that to eat or clothes to wear.

Sounds like a small price to pay for chics with big asses

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2020, 05:28:04 AM »
Any place sucks if you are broke.

If you are rich you live well in the same place.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2020, 05:40:46 AM »
Sweden, Brazil, UK, US, France, South-Africa, it's all the same.

If you are rich you live in a decent neighbourhood/area, if you are poor, it sucks no matter where you are.

You couldn't believe it back in the 80s, but even Sweden have Ghettos now.
Concrete ghettos of Peace aka No Go Zones where the Police do not enter and avoid like the plague.
Q

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2020, 05:49:24 AM »
Any place sucks if you are broke.

If you are rich you live well in the same place.

x2

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »
I wonder what's with all the new <10 post accounts?

Does Ron approve a batch at Xmas or something..?  ???
T

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2020, 02:50:37 PM »
Sweden, Brazil, UK, US, France, South-Africa, it's all the same.

If you are rich you live in a decent neighbourhood/area, if you are poor, it sucks no matter where you are.

You couldn't believe it back in the 80s, but even Sweden have Ghettos now.
Concrete ghettos of Peace aka No Go Zones where the Police do not enter and avoid like the plague.
I'm guessing those are "diverse" neighborhoods?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
No matter where you live, live is what you make of it.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2020, 03:13:58 PM »
I'm guessing those are "diverse" neighborhoods?
Indeed
Q

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2020, 03:18:14 PM »
No matter where you live, live is what you make of it.

Tell that to people in North Korea or the Congo. It's easy for you to talk in your, lily White, crime-free prosperous neighborhood.

I remember my mother, who grew up in a third world country, use to turn on the water faucet and tell me, "You think this is normal? To just turn a knob and have fresh, clean, drinking water served up to you?"

Diarrhea is one of the leading causes of death and disease of children in the world and the vast majority is caused by just not have clean drinking water. Tell them that life is what they make of it as flies cover their entire face.

So many of your posts here make it clear that you have lived such a sheltered and coddled life and are so clueless to the realities of the world which is typical of Liberals.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2020, 07:09:26 PM »
Puts a cheeseburger near pellius as bait

Come and take it mother f u c k e r

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2020, 04:14:40 AM »
Tell that to people in North Korea or the Congo. It's easy for you to talk in your, lily White, crime-free prosperous neighborhood.

I remember my mother, who grew up in a third world country, use to turn on the water faucet and tell me, "You think this is normal? To just turn a knob and have fresh, clean, drinking water served up to you?"

Diarrhea is one of the leading causes of death and disease of children in the world and the vast majority is caused by just not have clean drinking water. Tell them that life is what they make of it as flies cover their entire face.

So many of your posts here make it clear that you have lived such a sheltered and coddled life and are so clueless to the realities of the world which is typical of Liberals.

Truth.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2020, 08:56:10 AM »

Truth!  We are all very fortunate.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2020, 11:23:23 AM »
Truth!  We are all very fortunate.

I feel very fortunate in very many ways. It's far better than feeling like you've been let down throughout your life.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2020, 11:33:13 AM »

That's why it's only going to get worse. I remember when they had cassette players and landline telephones. Most kids in developed countries don't know what "wanting" is.

But who do you blame? The Kids? The parents? The technology? I don't think that most kids are spoiled, it's literally all they have ever known.

The generational gap has never been more prevalent. From grandparents to grandchildren, it's like going from the stone age to Star Trek.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2020, 12:12:35 PM »
I was born in a trunk.
Mama died and my daddy got drunk.

Left me here to die alone
In the middle of Tobacco Road.

Grow up in rusty shack
All I had was hangin' on my back.

Only you know how I loathe
This place called Tobacco Road.

But it's home, the only life I ever known.

I live my life like there's no tomorrow
And all I've got I had to steal

Least I don't need to beg or borrow
Yes, I'm living at a pace that kills

I found the simple life ain't so simple
When I jumped out on that road

I got no love, no love you'd call real
Ain't got nobody waiting at home

I`m doing OK !

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2020, 12:31:17 PM »
The generational gap has never been more prevalent. From grandparents to grandchildren, it's like going from the stone age to Star Trek.

Imagine the generational gap between great-grandparents and their great-grandchildren. The oldest of my great-children had his 5th birthday last November. He is already a tall lanky fellow who could pass for twice his age.

Presently, there are four generations living in this house. My great-granddaughter is still an infant so there's not much worry about being able to relate to her just yet. Every time she and I are in the same room, she looks and me and breaks out in the huge grin. Guess I must be pretty funny looking to her being as how I am the only person around here with a bald head.

When you are raising your kids, you feel a lot of responsibility for them and how they'll turn out as adults. With grandchildren, it's different because you can spoil them and let their parents deal with the results. Great-grandchildren have two older generations indulging them...hopeless.

I think I am fairly computer savvy until I talk technology with my grandson who getting an education, preparing for work in cyber security. This is a field of employment, I didn't even think about before he got interested in it.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2020, 06:16:29 PM »
Imagine the generational gap between great-grandparents and their great-grandchildren. The oldest of my great-children had his 5th birthday last November. He is already a tall lanky fellow who could pass for twice his age.

Presently, there are four generations living in this house. My great-granddaughter is still an infant so there's not much worry about being able to relate to her just yet. Every time she and I are in the same room, she looks and me and breaks out in the huge grin. Guess I must be pretty funny looking to her being as how I am the only person around here with a bald head.

When you are raising your kids, you feel a lot of responsibility for them and how they'll turn out as adults. With grandchildren, it's different because you can spoil them and let their parents deal with the results. Great-grandchildren have two older generations indulging them...hopeless.

I think I am fairly computer savvy until I talk technology with my grandson who getting an education, preparing for work in cyber security. This is a field of employment, I didn't even think about before he got interested in it.
Meltdown.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2020, 06:18:54 PM »
Meltdown.

I've been doing a lot of that lately.  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2020, 08:45:07 PM »
Meltdown.

LOL. I see what you're doing here. Well played.