Author Topic: How hard is life where you live?  (Read 11810 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: How hard is life where you live?
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2020, 02:22:02 PM »
Agreed.  These rankings are bullshit.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »
Thank you all that posted so far. There was a lot of good stories.

I wish I could move to america, but it is not as easy as it seems. My degree will not be worth nothing over there.
I think I could work as draftsman, which I was most of my life, I am really good at that, actually I even teach solidworks and autocad (softwares that we use, they are called CAD computer aided design)
I know how to work with a lot of manual things also, like I am a welder really good at TIG and MIG.
Another thing that I dont know how it is called, but its the guy that works before the welder do his job, the guy that cut, bend, roll the stell sheets, structural components like angle and I-bean, in portuguese it is called "caldeireiro".

I even know how to do nails lol, I am saying because one member mentioned nail saloon lol

All things that I think that having a job to work I could at least live a reasonable life, 10x better than here.

But it is very hard to find a job overseas and the company willing to wait for you to move.
It usually happens but with IT or high level positions, like manager, director...

There are a lot of guys that go to the USA but as visitor or ilegal cross the border.. and when get there they need to find a job to live...
I can not do that, I mean if I was single and all.. but my wife is just to have our baby, I would need to go at least with a job guaranteed, it could be anything, I wouldn't mind doing anything as long as it is licit.

This shithole country really pisses me off.

I didn't even mention the things we are going trough with my father that is fighting cancer because I see a lot of guys don't like new members and have to take their time to get familiarized to... but it is not being easy my friends...

Your degree might not be “accepted” but if you have documented work history and you can verify it, and from the sounds of it you can, you won’t have any issues.

Apply for jobs in the states and see what happens.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2020, 02:30:13 PM »
Well you can toss that ranking survey then, lol. Spend any time in Denmark? You'd kill yourself after a month. I had a Danish pro cyclist stay at my house a few years ago while he raced for an American team. He pretty much admitted Denmark is a shithole and wanted to move to the USA.

Finland Number three? LMAO. You do know they have one of the highest alcoholism rates in the world? And for good reason. It's boring and half the year it's dark for 20 hours.

I've been to a zillion countries on recreational and business travel. They all have their pluses and minuses. I think Switzerland is one of the most beautiful but also one of the most uptight. Germany is nice but heading the wrong way fast. You can keep all of Asia- it truly sucks there.

When you sum it all up, the best place on the planet is the USA. It's so big you can live in any climate you like and don't have to live on top of people if you don't want to. It has opportunity, natural beauty - everything.

Citizens who hate the USA should leave since they are terminally retarded. Spend some time in Russia and let me know how wonderful it is, haha.

You have to take into account who makes these rankings. So much of the world resents America, especially the elites. One only has to ask themselves how many people are risking their lives to move to Denmark or Finland. Remember that kid who use to post here from Finland? Always complained about the weather, women, opportunities... he would jump at the chance to live here.

But I don't mind telling the world America is not the best place to live. Maybe they won't come here.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »
Well you can toss that ranking survey then, lol. Spend any time in Denmark? You'd kill yourself after a month. I had a Danish pro cyclist stay at my house a few years ago while he raced for an American team. He pretty much admitted Denmark is a shithole and wanted to move to the USA.

Finland Number three? LMAO. You do know they have one of the highest alcoholism rates in the world? And for good reason. It's boring and half the year it's dark for 20 hours.

I've been to a zillion countries on recreational and business travel. They all have their pluses and minuses. I think Switzerland is one of the most beautiful but also one of the most uptight. Germany is nice but heading the wrong way fast. You can keep all of Asia- it truly sucks there.

When you sum it all up, the best place on the planet is the USA. It's so big you can live in any climate you like and don't have to live on top of people if you don't want to. It has opportunity, natural beauty - everything.

Citizens who hate the USA should leave since they are terminally retarded. Spend some time in Russia and let me know how wonderful it is, haha.

This is a fairly accurate summary. Norway is the only Scandinavian country where life is pretty decent. Baltic countries are way too high on the list.

Ireland should be higher and Dubai India is a shocking omission!

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2020, 03:16:00 PM »

Weak people want to be trendy and run right out and regurgitate the latest anti-American trope that their tv or college professor propagandizes.

The video below exposes a trendy professor who plagiarized almost word for word from the HBO show the Newsroom "his arguments why America is not the greatest country in the world".

Watch many isolated clips of the entire HBO show's speech with the sanctimonious professor plagiarizing verbatim after each clip:

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2020, 04:29:36 PM »
This is a fairly accurate summary. Norway is the only Scandinavian country where life is pretty decent. Baltic countries are way too high on the list.

Larry Wheels is living high in Dubai.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2020, 09:34:02 PM »

I wish I could move to america, but it is not as easy as it seems. My degree will not be worth nothing over there.
I think I could work as draftsman, which I was most of my life, I am really good at that, actually I even teach solidworks and autocad (softwares that we use, they are called CAD computer aided design)
I know how to work with a lot of manual things also, like I am a welder really good at TIG and MIG.
Another thing that I dont know how it is called, but its the guy that works before the welder do his job, the guy that cut, bend, roll the stell sheets, structural components like angle and I-bean, in portuguese it is called "caldeireiro".

I even know how to do nails lol, I am saying because one member mentioned nail saloon lol

All things that I think that having a job to work I could at least live a reasonable life, 10x better than here.

But it is very hard to find a job overseas and the company willing to wait for you to move.
It usually happens but with IT or high level positions, like manager, director...

There are a lot of guys that go to the USA but as visitor or ilegal cross the border.. and when get there they need to find a job to live...
I can not do that, I mean if I was single and all.. but my wife is just to have our baby, I would need to go at least with a job guaranteed, it could be anything, I wouldn't mind doing anything as long as it is licit.

I didn't even mention the things we are going trough with my father that is fighting cancer because I see a lot of guys don't like new members and have to take their time to get familiarized to... but it is not being easy my friends...

It's too bad. You'd easily get a job here once the china virus plays out. Easy 40 grand a year job wth your background and, after a couple of years, maybe even just one year pulling 60 grand. My niece is in a similar field with not nearly your experience. Right out of college at 22 year old she got a 45,000/yr job and after just six months they promoted her and she's pulling 60 grand. She still lives at home and pays maybe $300/month to her parents for rent and the only fixed expenses she has is her phone as he car is paid off.

And employers like hiring immigrants because they work harder and don't complain as much as Americans if at all. Most are just happy or grateful just to be here. If you're good looking and in good shape, hang out at the beach where there are a lot of tourist. Hook up with an American woman.

So much of a person's life is limited by their circumstances.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2020, 10:04:34 PM »

Sorry you cannot use your skills to earn a good living in America

Your countrymen sold you down the river and stabbed you in the back.

I’m sorry they no not have honor or pride where you are, but wars were fought and won . We cannot give it to losers who let their own country sell them out. Just can’t do it I’m sorry . But to many have died to give us this greatness to give it away

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2020, 10:16:47 PM »
Brazil is 49% White, and 51% Black and Brown.  No wonder it's an inferior shit-hole.

Karpaasi

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2020, 02:38:51 AM »
You have to take into account who makes these rankings. So much of the world resents America, especially the elites. One only has to ask themselves how many people are risking their lives to move to Denmark or Finland. Remember that kid who use to post here from Finland? Always complained about the weather, women, opportunities... he would jump at the chance to live here.

But I don't mind telling the world America is not the best place to live. Maybe they won't come here.

I'm from Finland and these are my pros and cons.

+free healthcare and education for everybody
+safe
+there is no extreme poverty
+nature
-high taxes (my tax bracket is 38% + 8 % mandatory for 401k)
-everything is expensive and taxed to the max
-cold most of the year
-it's really hard to make a big buck

Always love to travel to US. Last year I drove from LA to New York with my buddy. Lots of Denny's and Gatorades  ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2020, 03:07:57 AM »
In Sweden, life is EASY

if you are a Somali family with 7 children (8th on the way) without any desire to learn Swedish, since everything will be paid for by the Swedish Government, or if you are a 30+ year old Afghan-man saying you have lost your ID and are 14-16 years of age and get placed in a schoolclass with other 14 year olds, where the rapeprobability is off the charts.

You also get near free dental-care for around 50 Swedish Kronas while us others who are born in Sweden have to pay 1500+

Just wonderful.

Hidden camera during dentist-visit pretending to be "paperless immigrant"

How to fix teeth for free - our reporter tries dental care for illegals

Q

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2020, 03:57:33 AM »
I'm from Finland and these are my pros and cons.

+free healthcare and education for everybody
+safe
+there is no extreme poverty
+nature
-high taxes (my tax bracket is 38% + 8 % mandatory for 401k)
-everything is expensive and taxed to the max
-cold most of the year
-it's really hard to make a big buck

Always love to travel to US. Last year I drove from LA to New York with my buddy. Lots of Denny's and Gatorades  ;D

Isn't it dark for half the year?

Would you choose to live in the state of your choice in America if you could? Not every state is like New York or Los Angeles.

ghcard

• Getbig II
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2020, 04:23:03 AM »
Hello pellius and Dave D

I was very happy seeing your replies, believe-me it's a great comfort just to hear that my job would be worth something in a decent place.
Living in my circumstances makes a man feel like he is worth nothing and sometimes question the reason for living. Knowing that most of that is just a result of living in the wrong place brings some comfort.

I know that is asking too much for a guy that you guys don't know very well, but any of you would mind to give me some guidelines in how could I apply for these jobs?

If fact as I mentioned it doesn't have to be even in my field, I would happily go for any job that I can get guaranteed before living my country, I think that you didn't see my previous post I mentioned that my wife is pregnant, so there is no way of moving and look for a job after. 

I tried many times in the past applying for USA companies, but for a non native is difficult to find the ways. A little help from the inside maybe seems like nothing, but could definitely change one results.

Like you mentioned that there are employers that are happy to hire immigrants. The main difficult for me is how could I find those employers.
I know that someone would like my experience, which is hard to find, especially because I have that Knowledge that start at the manufacturing and goes into the design.
The most common thing is people only knowing design thus not having much idea of how it will work his ideas, how the parts are going to be manufactured and things like that.. resulting in really shit things.

Like when you are going to clean your blender and wonder why there is spots that are so difficult to clean.
You want to believe that the reason is because the design needed to be that way because of whatever.
But chances are that the guy who did the design didn't knew right from left, the guy that approved even less...

The result is that the difficult spot to clean started to give headaches long before you bought it. The guys who made the injection mould fist found that problem you better believe it, because if it's hard to clean you can imagine how hard was to make that shit into the mould to begin with.

Karpaasi

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2020, 06:28:03 AM »
Isn't it dark for half the year?

Would you choose to live in the state of your choice in America if you could? Not every state is like New York or Los Angeles.

Yeah it's also dark here half the year. I could see myself living in America. Culture wise Finland and US are quite similar except we don't care about guns that much ;D We have the same fast food chains, same music, movies.. Everybody here speak English. It is not that much of a culture shock to visit Scandinavian countries as an american.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2020, 06:37:39 AM »
Yeah it's also dark here half the year. I could see myself living in America. Culture wise Finland and US are quite similar except we don't care about guns that much ;D We have the same fast food chains, same music, movies.. Everybody here speak English. It is not that much of a culture shock to visit Scandinavian countries as an american.

Truth, here in Sweden we grew up with Dallas, Magnum PI, Falcon Crest, Star Trek, North and South, Dynasty, Macahan family (Zeb Macahan was a rolemodel for many here back in the day), Little house on the Prairie etc, and movies like E.T, Jaws and such.

McDonalds ; Coke/Pepsi ; British and American music/bands also were very popular for us growing up. Did we listen to many swedish bands when we grew up? Not much, it was things like Kiss, Ozzy Osbourne, Van Halen etc

We also had many British series on the telly like Onedin Line etc, which is why every swede growing up in the 70s and 80s are so good at understanding English.

I very much enjoy the dark half of the year and it is very tranquil when the snow has covered the houses and you see all the christmaslights out.

The older i got, the less addicted to summertime i got.

North and South in 1985

Back in the 70s to 90s, Sweden, Finland and the US were much more similar and compatible.

An american coming to Sweden (let's say Stockholm, Gothenburg or Malmö) today though, would be a bit shocked i think! :D
It's not like it was back in the good old days.

My favorite ex was half-finnish.
Q

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2020, 07:28:12 AM »

I am considering immigrating to Dubai, India, the greatest place on Earth!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2020, 11:19:08 AM »
bro, why you answering questions nobody asked?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2020, 12:55:12 PM »
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2020, 01:18:07 PM »
Why are you telling me this? I know you like to display your skills with google but I can do that if I was interested, and being that I actually live here I am well aware of the cost of housing and the minimum wage,

I would hope you are aware of the cost of housing and the minimum wage in Oahu. Other people besides you read what is posted here and they might be just as interested in these things as I was.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2020, 01:30:06 PM »
Truth, here in Sweden we grew up with Dallas, Magnum PI, Falcon Crest, Star Trek, North and South, Dynasty, Macahan family (Zeb Macahan was a rolemodel for many here back in the day), Little house on the Prairie etc, and movies like E.T, Jaws and such.

McDonalds ; Coke/Pepsi ; British and American music/bands also were very popular for us growing up. Did we listen to many swedish bands when we grew up? Not much, it was things like Kiss, Ozzy Osbourne, Van Halen etc

We also had many British series on the telly like Onedin Line etc, which is why every swede growing up in the 70s and 80s are so good at understanding English.

I very much enjoy the dark half of the year and it is very tranquil when the snow has covered the houses and you see all the christmaslights out.

The older i got, the less addicted to summertime i got.

North and South in 1985

Back in the 70s to 90s, Sweden, Finland and the US were much more similar and compatible.

An american coming to Sweden (let's say Stockholm, Gothenburg or Malmö) today though, would be a bit shocked i think! :D
It's not like it was back in the good old days.

My favorite ex was half-finnish.

There is even a huge difference between the younger white Swedes I meet now compared to 20 years ago. They were somewhat innocent and naive and generally easy to get on with, albeit a little shy until they started drinking. Now they are woke and self-righteous and pretty fucking annoying. They've gone from being some of my favourite people to ones I go out of my way to avoid.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2020, 01:42:58 PM »
If you looked at a dozen surveys showing which country has the highest quality of life, the rankings would likely be different in each one. Rankings are based on what questions were asked, who did the asking and the source of the answers. I posted one survey. It is understandable some people might agree with it and others not. This is true of any survey. 

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2020, 04:07:35 PM »
If you looked at a dozen surveys showing which country has the highest quality of life, the rankings would likely be different in each one. Rankings are based on what questions were asked, who did the asking and the source of the answers. I posted one survey. It is understandable some people might agree with it and others not. This is true of any survey.

Saggy why is BoBo Ziruolo in  :-* :-* :-* with you  ???, must be those orange panties  ;D

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2020, 04:16:25 PM »
You can keep all of Asia- it truly sucks there.

When you sum it all up, the best place on the planet is the USA.

BULLSHIT, you are still in 1955 !.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2020, 04:41:52 PM »

Saggy why is BoBo Ziruolo in  :-* :-* :-* with you  ???, must be those orange panties  ;D

If I knew who BoBo Ziruolo was, I might be able to answer your stupid question. ;) Apparently, those "orange panties" really impressed you. Too bad I tossed them years ago or I'd mail them to you (unwashed of course).  :-*

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »
ASK Straw who is BoBo Ziruolo , U A his orange man  ;D

Say HI to grandaughters !.

OBW, Mr.Trump kills rioting in yours village  :D